IGNORED

Poll: Have We Started Feeling Sorry For Rovers Yet?

SecretSam

Are we feeling sorry for Rovers yet?  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have to say I'm a little sad due to the fact a family friend has worked in the rovers shop kingswood for 25+ years and even though her and her family give me shit for being city over the few years I have known them the risk of her losing her job took the shine of the relegation a little

It's a good point that when teams get relegated it usually means that some people get the sack. It's people like the manager who get the publicity but it's the "innocent" who suffer the most - e g the people who work in the shop. The same happened to City in recent years - long serving people in the commercial / ticket depts got the boot.

This still doesn't make me feel sorry for Rovers, because if they had managed to avoid relegation, people at Wycombe or Northampton would have been affected instead

I had a rubbish morning in work today, everything was going wrong and people were getting frustrated.

Thankfully, I managed to galvanise the team by suggesting we took a break from what we were doing and instead took stock of the situation and thought of those less fortunate.

Thanks to 'Mike' who called Twentyman on Saturday (him of the Thatcher years, two divorces and all manner of other issues) I believe myself and the team all now owe Richard Curtis a fiver.

It was far more entertaining than the usual 'Red Nose Day' goings on.

I had a rubbish morning in work today, everything was going wrong and people were getting frustrated.

Thankfully, I managed to galvanise the team by suggesting we took a break from what we were doing and instead took stock of the situation and thought of those less fortunate.

Thanks to 'Mike' who called Twentyman on Saturday (him of the Thatcher years, two divorces and all manner of other issues) I believe myself and the team all now owe Richard Curtis a fiver.

It was far more entertaining than the usual 'Red Nose Day' goings on.

I work and live in Lincolnshire, yet at lunchtime today played "Mikes" call to Twentyman and the "Hitler Gas" video to my colleagues. They were in absolute stitches and its already been agreed we are all going to the Grimsby v NLBR game next season just so we can sit near the Sags and give them shit. 

No sympathy whats so ever..they thought it would be a stroll in the park after beating Wycombe. Where staying up , to good to go down well good riddens sags, hope you rot and go bust as soon as possible. Hope you enjoy yourselves next year bulling fgr, Salisbury etc...as far as the piss taking goes im loving every comment written about you..3.5.14 one of the best days of my life.

I did feel bad for them briefly today when I saw how many players they have had to let go. It must be disappointing to be a saghead when several players have left with no prospect of getting anyone new in.

However I did hear an exciting transfer rumour today that should get them feeling a little better. Apparently they have been linked to a new groundsman - they are looking to sign the groundsman at Bath racecourse because apparently he's brilliant at getting hoof prints out of fields.  :P

article-2619537-1D8BEAA400000578-697_634.

To put things into perspective: football is a game. You win, you celebrate, you lose, you get on with defeat. Rovers were apparently absolutely awful last year and even their fans admit they were not good enough to stay in the football league. Therefore: make way for a better team, behave yourselves and get on with it. All this feeling sorry for themselves, wishing their dogs would die instead and punching horses is a load of bollocks.

And now we've been asked to join in as well?

Certainly not!

I liken it to how I feel about my Mother in Law, awful woman that I hated with a passion until she became terminally ill, then I sort of started to feel a bit sorry for her, last month I actually sent her a birthday card and will probably go to her funeral and shed a tear.

I've always felt sorry for them, like you'd be sympathetic to  a 3 legged dog just before you tied the sack with it and a few bricks in it and bunged it into the river. Though saying that I'd probably take the dog to the vets for treatment whereas I'd take a Gas head there to have the old neutering done to stop the City being overrun with unwanted strays. 

Archived