IGNORED

Your Favorite City Goal

1. Peacock or Mathews header away to Reading on a Friday night years ago.

2. Roberts in 'that' Mansfield game.

3. Tinnion Free kick away to Peterbrough.

4. Akinbiyi away to Norwich.

5. Beadle away to Rotherham in the last minute.

6. Goater v the Gas in our promotion season.

None of these goals are that special but they hold a special place in my heart!

Oh, who can forget Ivan Testimatanu's long ranger away to Chesterfield!!  

Robbie 'Carnage' Turner v Chelsea

Alan Walsh v Plymouth (Boxing Day- I think?) - best left foot at City by a mile!

Jackie v Leicester away at Filbert Street - FA Cup (awesome atmosphere that day)

Paul Mardon v Forest away in old League Cup

Tinman at Anfield - FA Cup

Paul Cheasley - Arsenal away, old 1st Div, what a waste of talent! Broke his leg v Stoke next home game.

So did David Seal

Indeed he did.

I remember one (against Northampton I think) where he received the ball from a throw-in about a yard inside the opposition half and about a yard from the dug-out touchline. From there he hammered a piledriver into the top corner of the Atyeo goal.

Talking of Northampton at AG... I recall one of Carl Shutt's last goals for us at the East End, where a short corner was tapped about a foot to him and he rifled one of the greatest top corner goals that I've ever seen from an absolutely impossible angle!

Talking of Nicky Morgan... wasn't it him that had the shot in the last game of the 1990 promotion season at home to Walsall to make it 4-0, when the crowd was on the edge of the pitch awaiting the chance to invade, and his shot was going just past the post until a spectators heel turned it in?...

Steve Nevillle v Hereford

Up there with the best.. was in the Enclosure corner going berserk, some spilled onto the pitch...sticks in the memory...as does the previously mentioned Martyn Hirst v The Gas...not forgetting that the legend Tom Ritchie :worship2: got the equaliser and was also a great goal.

All in the days when the Gas were in a higher division than us and had a half decent stadium...great memories

Talking of Nicky Morgan... wasn't it him that had the shot in the last game of the 1990 promotion season at home to Walsall to make it 4-0, when the crowd was on the edge of the pitch awaiting the chance to invade, and his shot was going just past the post until a spectators heel turned it in?...

That game in 1990 was amazing I remember 3 pitch invasions (no horses punched) one for the fourth goal, one for a free kick everyone thought it was final whistle (I ran up to our keeper (Ronnie Sinclair?) He said mate games not over!!!

Archived