IGNORED

New Signing?

danrozzell

This must be one of the worst rumours. He's 36 and left Birmingham a few months ago. As all clubs have now finished the season he can't be on trial with any clubs, with the exception of those in the playoffs, as the players are on holiday. Those in the playoffs will be concentrating on these matches and not giving a trial to a player.

yeah he was in the car with aden filt and adam el abd seems to have made a few friends already so probably will happen

I'm not saying it's confirmed or anything, but my mate's Dad just text me to say he's just seen him aimlessly walking around the city centre in full home kit.

yeah he was in the car with aden filt and adam el abd seems to have made a few friends already so probably will happen

You 're wasted on the OTIB forum. With stories like this you could earn a fortune writing press releases for any of the political parties. They work on the basis of "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

This must be one of the worst rumours. He's 36 and left Birmingham a few months ago. As all clubs have now finished the season he can't be on trial with any clubs, with the exception of those in the playoffs, as the players are on holiday. Those in the playoffs will be concentrating on these matches and not giving a trial to a player.

Clubs still hold trial games beyond the season...and open trials.

Only this week...

06/05/2014

Great news as Peter Johnson, Chief Scout of Yeovil Town FC (brother of manager Gary) came to our football trials in London and selected a 19 year old player who is going in for Pre Season Training with the chance to sign a pro contract with the club. We interviewed Gary who had the following report for us: "It was a great opportunity for me to see lots of footballers from Europe and around the world of all ages. A player that really caught my eye immediately was a 19 year old who has come into the game late due to furthering his education - but looks like he has a real chance. I have invited him in for pre season training and have high hopes he will gain a contract with us." We asked for Peters view of his visit to our trials: "UK Football Trials is a great, genuine opportunity for all players to be scouted by all levels in the football pyramid, from Premier League to Semi Pro - as we're all there to find players!" We will be releasing a full review of this news soon but it just shows - if you have the ability, no matter what your age - we can open the doors in all divisions and age groups! Our May trials are a great time to get scouted - so book your place now!

http://www.ukfootballtrials.com/site/success_stories

Flints in Las Vegas with Williams living it up

Indeed, I think he left either yesterday or the day before.

A friend said he posted his flight ticket on ****ter.

Puts this bull to bed.

Next shitty rumour - not that many players throughout the Football League actually sign a deal before the season is actually all but done.....

TIME TO YAWN.

Clubs still hold trial games beyond the season...and open trials.

Only this week...

06/05/2014

Great news as Peter Johnson, Chief Scout of Yeovil Town FC (brother of manager Gary) came to our football trials in London and selected a 19 year old player who is going in for Pre Season Training with the chance to sign a pro contract with the club. We interviewed Gary who had the following report for us: "It was a great opportunity for me to see lots of footballers from Europe and around the world of all ages. A player that really caught my eye immediately was a 19 year old who has come into the game late due to furthering his education - but looks like he has a real chance. I have invited him in for pre season training and have high hopes he will gain a contract with us." We asked for Peters view of his visit to our trials: "UK Football Trials is a great, genuine opportunity for all players to be scouted by all levels in the football pyramid, from Premier League to Semi Pro - as we're all there to find players!" We will be releasing a full review of this news soon but it just shows - if you have the ability, no matter what your age - we can open the doors in all divisions and age groups! Our May trials are a great time to get scouted - so book your place now!

http://www.ukfootballtrials.com/site/success_stories

This is different to "on trial with an unnamed league 1 club". The person concerned in this example will go on trial with Yeovil during pre-season, not now. There can't be any players curently on trial with a league club as the clubs haven't got any players turning up each day for training. They are all on holiday or driving around Bristol with Papa Bouba Diop

This is different to "on trial with an unnamed league 1 club". The person concerned in this example will go on trial with Yeovil during pre-season, not now. There can't be any players curently on trial with a league club as the clubs haven't got any players turning up each day for training. They are all on holiday or driving around Bristol with Papa Bouba Diop

Clubs still hold trials for out of contract players and trialists.

Do you think the whole business goes on holiday between now and pre season training?

Yes contracted players rest and keep themselves fit using facilities...but the whole business doesn't just grind to a halt.

I know through Agents of two players who are out of contract having trials next week...not for us, I may add.

Grand Papa Diof !!

Clubs still hold trials for out of contract players and trialists.

Do you think the whole business goes on holiday between now and pre season training?

Yes contracted players rest and keep themselves fit using facilities...but the whole business doesn't just grind to a halt.

I know through Agents of two players who are out of contract having trials next week...not for us, I may add.

If you know of two players who are having trials next week then I stand corrected, but please explain how this is possible. Normally with a trial the manager watches the player in training & practice matches to assess his ability and fitness etc. This is obviously impossible in May, so what does the player do?

There is the well known case of Oscar Arce who turned up at Aston Villa in the 1960s and claimed to be a Argentinian international who had come to the UK to live with his girl friend. As it was the close season he couldn't play in any matches but he was so good at juggling the ball he convinced the club his story was true and they gave him a contract. Later when he had to actually play it was obvious his story was total garbage and he never played a competitive game.

If you know of two players who are having trials next week then I stand corrected, but please explain how this is possible. Normally with a trial the manager watches the player in training & practice matches to assess his ability and fitness etc. This is obviously impossible in May, so what does the player do?

There is the well known case of Oscar Arce who turned up at Aston Villa in the 1960s and claimed to be a Argentinian international who had come to the UK to live with his girl friend. As it was the close season he couldn't play in any matches but he was so good at juggling the ball he convinced the club his story was true and they gave him a contract. Later when he had to actually play it was obvious his story was total garbage and he never played a competitive game.

Like "George weah's brother" who got a contract at Southampton. Played one game in the premier league and became obvious that Souness had been done up like a kipper and he was promptly released!

That was the 1960's fella.

Clubs will have scouts and employees watching players for months.

They get invited to trials during and out of season when it suits the Club...from Pro level right down the pyramid.

Even our own Club were advertising in the EP this week, inviting CV's and open trials at the Club to be held soon.

Granted it was for Under 24's if memory serves me right...but they do happen.

Like "George weah's brother" who got a contract at Southampton. Played one game in the premier league and became obvious that Souness had been done up like a kipper and he was promptly released!

He was Ali Dia which led to the Southampton fans song "Ali Dia, you're a liar, you're a liar "

My mates dad's brothers son cousin saw Jonjo o'toole in a caravan with Ian holloway once!

That's nothing. My neighbour's friend, who knows a first team City player , once took her cat to the vets and John Ward was there with his hampster.

Archived