IGNORED

Get Sammy A Golden Boot - Please Read

Dollymarie

What an absolute joke this is.

Fans paying for a Golden Boot?! What other tin pot club would this happen at?

It's an embarrassment, as is anyone who 'donates'. It's not a f-ing charity.

I think it is down to the individual what they do with their money . What do you know about me, to call me an embarrassment you want to take a look at your comments to see who's the embarrassment.

What an absolute joke this is.

Fans paying for a Golden Boot?! What other tin pot club would this happen at?

It's an embarrassment, as is anyone who 'donates'. It's not a f-ing charity.

It's happened at our club before. Donate, or don't. Makes no difference to me, but it is anything but embarrassing. What is embarrassing is that the league sponsors don't give out the awards themselves. Unless you're in the premiership of course.

Don't see the big issue here, it's the club giving the fans an opportunity to thank Baldock for his goals and achievement this season. Some fans will be happy too, some fans might not be and therefore don't have to contribute - it's not compulsory. FWIW I won't be contributing.

Also I'm sure SB, with the way he acts and presents himself towards the fans, will appreciate it more from the fans than the club, certainly more than that **** Mickey. 

Hmm what is embarrassing is that we have had to shell out now for several seasons of poor football. Yet our over paid players In the main park their top of the range cars outside the Atyeo on match days.

How about Sammy's teammates have a whip round instead of the club expecting us fans to cough up.

It's a nice gesture Dolly. I personally feel that, in the abscence of an award from the FL, the club should stump up for this, not the fans who already contribute to his wages.

However, fair play for organising it and don't let the naysayers put you off.

Probably earns more in a month than some of us do in a year. We have the added output of paying 3x + minimum wage to gain access to support third tier football plus associated costs. The FA themselves don't see fit to honour the achievement. Supporter self-respect and disenchantment appears to be at an all time low. This is a forum in which to voice opinion.

Sincere congratulations and thanks to Sam for his contribution to the team this season and he seems like one of the more intelligent footballers so I think he'll respect my decision not to contribute.

Probably earns more in a month than some of us do in a year. We have the added output of paying 3x + minimum wage to gain access to support third tier football plus associated costs. The FA themselves don't see fit to honour the achievement. Supporter self-respect and disenchantment appears to be at an all time low. This is a forum in which to voice opinion.

Sincere congratulations and thanks to Sam for his contribution to the team this season and he seems like one of the more intelligent footballers so I think he'll respect my decision not to contribute.

:clapping:

It really is a ******* weird thing to even think of doing

Done!

Thanks to Dolly for organizing this, it enables someone like me who is unable to make it to games to show my gratitude to a player who has brought many smiles to our house since Christmas (Including the wife and kids who endure my highs and lows when we win and loose and understood when I had to return home, without taking them with me, for the Wembley final)

Above all, thanks to Sammy for the goals that helped turn our season around. I hope that you stay and help guide us to Promotion. I will put it out there and say if you do sign another contract I will make sure I will make it over to see you play at the gate. COYR

Hey dolly...I know it's a golden boot award, but has anyone looked into how much Bristol blue glass would charge to make a piece for this (red glass obviously!)? More personal still then.

It may be way too much, or way too difficult for them to produce a ruby boot, but just a thought.

Hey dolly...I know it's a golden boot award, but has anyone looked into how much Bristol blue glass would charge to make a piece for this (red glass obviously!)? More personal still then.

It may be way too much, or way too difficult for them to produce a ruby boot, but just a thought.

Good idea, however he's just had his "player of the year" award in Bristol Red Glass :)

Archived