IGNORED

Get Sammy A Golden Boot - Please Read

Dollymarie

Surprised at just how many negative comments have been made on here regarding contributing to this appeal.

I wonder how many people have wondered where their payments for Sky Sport, etc goes to, other than fat businessmen or grossly overpaid Premier League footballers.  Everyone is perfectly entitled to their opinions, but this seems a strange time to make a stand against money in football.  

We are talking about a player who is a great example of how a footballer should behave and is one of the most hardworking players I've seen pull on a City shirt for many years and has been a major reason why we stayed up this year.  

Well done Sammy Baldock and thanks for everything you've done for our club and fans ...... I have very happily made a donation towards a well deserved award to you, and can say that without the slightest feeling of embarrassment, contrary to what some posters further up this thread think I should feel.  

Great job matey, but just make sure you're still here next season!!! 

Whatever happened - did we raise enough money?

Yes I am delighted to say we did. As the players are all off on their holidays at the moment, Sam isn't around to receive his trophy. I am away for the next week, but am going to order it as soon as I am back, and will then ensure it gets to Sam when the players report back for training.

Hope that's ok with everyone, and a huge thank you to all that donated. :)

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to bump this thread because I briefly chatted to Sam at the Fan Friday event this evening.

I told him that due to the league not providing a golden boot trophy anymore, that fans had raised the money to get him one ourselves.

He asked me to post to pass on his thanks and said he really appreciated this gesture from the fans.

I then jokingly said he could only have the award if he promised not to leave, at which point he said he wasn't going anywhere.

:)

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to bump this thread because I briefly chatted to Sam at the Fan Friday event this evening.

I told him that due to the league not providing a golden boot trophy anymore, that fans had raised the money to get him one ourselves.

He asked me to post to pass on his thanks and said he really appreciated this gesture from the fans.

I then jokingly said he could only have the award if he promised not to leave, at which point he said he wasn't going anywhere.

:)

:dancing6: May I say a big thanks to Dolly. (and Sam of course) Season ticket now ordered.

Archived