IGNORED

Bradford Fire Rip 56

cityloyal473

Thank you, maybe you could fund an award, I'm only on a six figure salary to do a job.

Anyway, I've taken to my laptop to dissect the post an establish where the offence lies within the context of the post it was quoted to.

Feedback welcome. Here goes then,

I believe Alan Davies received absolute dog's abuse for making that point. Fact.

The populous of the city of Liverpool was made up, largely, of a migration of Irish travellers and Welsh. The people of Liverpool consider themselves to be a republic, apart from the rest of the country. On the face of it it's pretentious nonsense, like Stokes Croft, however there is an inherent gene of 'us against them' in the symbolic DNA.From the mouths of Liverpool and Everton's supporters, England may as well be renamed London FC.  Fact.  Also, do a little historic research and you'll also find the migration content to be factual.

Liverpool is a populous city with large numbers of Irish and a welsh migrants -True.

The people of Liverpool consider themselves a republic, never hear this in 30 years, other than in a jokey context (like, for example the North Easterners do with the 'Geordie Nation'.

'Us against them in the symbolic DNA'. Don't actually know what that means, certainly never noticed a persecution complex in Scousers, sometimes they are a bit smug, but not persecuted.

England May as well be renamed London FC, never EVER heard anyone suggest this.

Fergie sent Wayne Rooney to a psychologist in order to address his 'issues'. Fergie publicly concluded that Rooney is a scouser, the whole city has a chip on its shoulder so what can you do? Fergie's words, not mine.

So a Ferguson (FFS) says his psychologist concluded that Rooney = nut job and is a Scousers, therefore ALL Scousers are nut jobs?

Liverpool was probably the very worse club that the Hillsborough disaster could have happened to.Within the context that I've forwarded, that is my opinion.

I believe they're contacting Claims Direct over compensation about Steven Gerrard's slip  ;)Laughing in the face of adversity and self-proclaimed legendary scouse wit is a classic Liverpudlian characteristic so I was just keeping it contextual.  

The claims direct thing is funny, but even you must see that's a joke not a serious commentary.

The self deprecation/wit thing is true though, this famous Scousers ( we can laugh at ourselves/we've got a great sense of humour" is a myth, some of them are funny but they are no different in this regard to Mancs, Brummies, Geordies or Bristolians in this regard, I've met plenty who are thin-skinned and absolutely can't laugh at themselves.

On a Humanitarianism front, rest in peace of course. 

I find your interpretation of this final comment as sarcastic, ******* offensive.

The thread had turned to a debate about football's approach to commemorating tragedy.  I have posted my respects to the victims of the tragedy at Valley Parade.

Can you please explain why Liverpool F.C. do nothing nationally to remember the deaths their supporters caused in Brussels?  Or why they're not pushing for greater focus on other footballing tragedies?

This IS a good point, there is some convenient memory loss at play there.

Why was it so fitting that they should have won the league on the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough?  I found that quite sick, tbh an I stated the same on here.  

True, but, tbf, a lot of that was the newspapers, not the fans.

As I'm the offensive one I look forward to your enlightened contributions. . .  

RIP to all the victims that lost their lives that day. Deepest sympathies to their families.

I remember the horrific scenes of that day on the TV. I shall always remember a poor steward who came onto the pitch engulfed in flames, I believe he was trying to save others.... Just something I will never forget.

There has been many football tragedy's over the years, another one that has always been stuck in my mind is the Moscow tragedy. Where 350 fans lost their lives. Like the Liverpool tragedy this was also a cover up. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/may/04/championsleague

RIP to all those who died.

You also rarely hear about the Glasgow Rangers tragedy. It happened when

I was a kid, IIRC handrails on stairs gave way when the crowd was exiting, resulting in a horrible crush.

When you stop to think about it, there have been far too many tragedies at football matches. RIP to all

I think we were at Home to Hull that day??....  driving home in the car they said that the Bradford game had been abandoned due to a fire.....  little did we know the actual devastation it had caused on a day that was supposed to be celebrating their winning promotion as well......so sad

The Bradford City fire was an awful awful tragedy.

Any life lost at football is just such a waste and no life whther lost at heysel, hillsborough, Valley Parade, ibrox etc. is worth more than or more deserving of attention than the other.

The lack of rememberance of the Valley Parade fire does annoy me, however the thing i would say that in my mind gives Hillsborough more prominence is the way the police, undersecretaries and governamnt of the time were culpable for many who died and complicit in the cover up.

It is this element that is important to me as it shows what state we truly live in and just how we as football fans are viewed. Forget 'Liverpool' and whatever you thoughts about them are, it's how many children needlessly died in the gym that day and how those responsible, aided by the government at the time, covered the whole affair up and sought to shift blame to protect their careers, pensions and ultimately promote a given agenda.

It scares me how the police and government think they can get away with it and how they should not be susceptable to the same laws as us.

If you think the above is conspiracy filled nonsense, it isn't and you are the one living in denial. Hopefully the truth will be out soon.

As i said at the start though, all lives lost at football should be remebered by the footballing community.

when i think about Hillsboriugh and Valley Parade at the time, i think there but for the grace of god went all of us.

That really is shocking footage, amazed I'd not seen it before.

Seen photos of course, and was aware of the fact many had died, but for some reason it had escaped me that it was less than for years before hillborough. I should've been just about old enough to remember it, but I don't. In my mind it was back in the 70's.

Sad sad scenes, and remarkable commentary from someone who was clearly put on the spot, relaying harrowing, traumatic scenes to a live audience.

Went to Valley Parade with City a few weeks before the disaster!

Bradford had a tidy team that year. Think it finished 1-1? Valley Parade had a good atmosphere that day as we were going well also. Remember they had a welcoming comittee for us!

Quite tasty outside.

Archived