IGNORED

Bradford Fire Rip 56

cityloyal473

We were shown the film as part of a Fire Awareness course at work. It was noticeable that spectators could have evacuated quicker if there had not been seats to trip over. Those on the terracing to which smoke was blowing were able to move away without hinderence.

As for the opponents that day, it was the start of a downward spiral for Lincoln City. The following season they were relegated to Div 4 (along with Cardiff, Wolves & Swansea) and the following year they became the first team to be automatically relegated from the League.

Ok it's the premier leagues fault. Did the premier league also tell Liverpool to refuse to play games on the anniversary of Hillsborough. I just assumed they take it on themselves to decide how to respect disasters in the football family. So thought it would have been a nice gesture for them to respect another disaster. Especially this year when the conspiracy over Hillsborough has been in the limelight so much.

It is poor from the premier league but you can't blame the clubs.

Ok it's the premier leagues fault. Did the premier league also tell Liverpool to refuse to play games on the anniversary of Hillsborough. I just assumed they take it on themselves to decide how to respect disasters in the football family. So thought it would have been a nice gesture for them to respect another disaster. Especially this year when the conspiracy over Hillsborough has been in the limelight so much.

I believe Alan Davies received absolute dog's abuse for making that point.

The populous of the city of Liverpool was made up, largely, of a migration of Irish travellers and Welsh. The people of Liverpool consider themselves to be a republic, apart from the rest of the country. On the face of it it's pretentious nonsense, like Stokes Croft, however there is an inherent gene of 'us against them' in the symbolic DNA.

Fergie sent Wayne Rooney to a psychologist in order to address his 'issues'. Fergie publicly concluded that Rooney is a scouser, the whole city has a chip on its shoulder so what can you do?

Liverpool was probably the very worse club that the Hillsborough disaster could have happened to.

I believe they're contacting Claims Direct over compensation about Steven Gerrard's slip ;)

On a Humanitarianism front, rest in peace of course.

If anybody remembers the Old Stand at the Gate (now the Dolman), or the popular end at Cardiff, then they can envisage what a fire there would have done, particularly if zealous idiots locked the fire escapes. I've been at the Gate in a 43,000 crowd and Ninian Park with over 60K. Anybody care to guess what the death toll might have been in a fire there?

Judge Taylor's report was wrong about a lot of things, but he was right in saying that a lot of our stadia weren't fit for purpose. Ironically, Hillsborough wasn't one of the worst, by any means. Pretty well all the stadia outside of the top few were potential death-traps.

Our first season in Div 2 (mid 60's) ,City fans thought it was hilarious to set fire to the Grange End, funny at the time, BUT just how serious could it have been !

No premiership games will have a minute silence today, Shame on them.

The nearest thing I heard was that Sunderland had their flags at half mast for their match against Swansea today

The populous of the city of Liverpool was made up, largely, of a migration of Irish travellers and Welsh. The people of Liverpool consider themselves to be a republic, apart from the rest of the country. On the face of it it's pretentious nonsense, like Stokes Croft, however there is an inherent gene of 'us against them' in the symbolic DNA.

Fergie sent Wayne Rooney to a psychologist in order to address his 'issues'. Fergie publicly concluded that Rooney is a scouser, the whole city has a chip on its shoulder so what can you do?

Liverpool was probably the very worse club that the Hillsborough disaster could have happened to.

I believe they're contacting Claims Direct over compensation about Steven Gerrard's slip ;)

Congratulations of the most offensive and knuckle-dragging post of 2014. Nice that you remembered to mention the Bradford 56, if only as a sarcastic aside.

Wow.

What a piece of work you are. Tool.

That is so ridiculous it ought to be on the NLBR forum.

Congratulations of the most offensive and knuckle-dragging post of 2014. Nice that you remembered to mention the Bradford 56, if only as a sarcastic aside.

Thank you, maybe you could fund an award, I'm only on a six figure salary to do a job.

Anyway, I've taken to my laptop to dissect the post an establish where the offence lies within the context of the post it was quoted to.

Feedback welcome. 

Wow.

What a piece of work you are. Tool.

Fact.

From the mouths of Liverpool and Everton's supporters, England may as well be renamed London FC.  Fact.  Also, do a little historic research and you'll also find the migration content to be factual.

Fergie's words, not mine.

Within the context that I've forwarded, that is my opinion.

I believe they're contacting Claims Direct over compensation about Steven Gerrard's slip  ;)

Laughing in the face of adversity and self-proclaimed legendary scouse wit is a classic Liverpudlian characteristic so I was just keeping it contextual.  

I find your interpretation of this final comment as sarcastic, ******* offensive.

The thread had turned to a debate about football's approach to commemorating tragedy.  I have posted my respects to the victims of the tragedy at Valley Parade.

Can you please explain why Liverpool F.C. do nothing nationally to remember the deaths their supporters caused in Brussels?  Or why they're not pushing for greater focus on other footballing tragedies?

Why was it so fitting that they should have won the league on the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough?  I found that quite sick, tbh an I stated the same on here.  

As I'm the offensive one I look forward to your enlightened contributions. . .  

a few plastic mickeys on here methinks

You genuinely don't understand how someone with no axe to grind either way finds WTFIGO's post offensive? Reminds me of a guy on the non-football forum who couldn't understand why someone might speak up for the right to do something he didn't want to do.

This thread is about 56 people who died horribly in the Bradford fire, not about Neanderthals who find Liverpool offensive or, for that matter, think that the Sun shines out of Gerrard's arse.

To get the thread back on track, that was one of the worst days in footballs history.

It also highlighted the 5hit way that fans were treated.

Also, the way it's been forgotten by the authorities and the trivial bollix that has been spouted here suggest that it happened before the Prem, therefore it's ancient history :(

You genuinely don't understand how someone with no axe to grind either way finds WTFIGO's post offensive? Reminds me of a guy on the non-football forum who couldn't understand why someone might speak up for the right to do something he didn't want to do.

This thread is about 56 people who died horribly in the Bradford fire, not about Neanderthals who find Liverpool offensive or, for that matter, think that the Sun shines out of Gerrard's arse.

ever heard the story of the new emperors clothes?

Probably one of the worst things I've ever witnessed...it still turns my stomach from the memory.

What saddens me the most, was the elderly that gave up...realised they couldn't move quick enough, and took the pain and died.

They found an elderly couple in the toilets trapped holding hands...can you imagine the pain and anguish...no one should endure that.

Just normal people watching the team they loved....no one was drunk, and rushing gates to get in with no tickets...just sitting watching and supporting their team like we all do....

RIP all.

I see all the fans at Derby v BHA gave applause just after the 56th minute.

Yes, I just logged on to add this. Respect for the fans of both teams for making the effort when many didn't today.

A friend of mine was in that stand that day. He is still haunted by it. He tried to get people to go onto the pitch, they refused because of the "do not go on the pitch" signs. Quite a few pushed past him, ignoring his pleas to get onto the pitch and instead went down the stairs (and into the mouth of the fire to their deaths).

Well done OP fir starting this thread, it is right we remember Rangers, Heysel and Hillsborough and wrong that Bradford seems to get forgotten.

Sorry, but that is tosh. I have lived here for 30 years and, consequently met thousands of Scousers.

They are nowhere near as funny or self deprecating as they like to think they are but the rest of your comments are just stereotyping.

"The whole City has a chip on its shoulder". You've met and interviewed more than 50% of them have you, so you have a robust! statistically powered sample upon which to draw such conclusions.

This thread is about the horror of the Bradford tragedy yet you decide to Barmouth an entire city you shared. Shame

It was used as an example in a health and safety course I had to go on re fire safety in a care home I once worked. The speed is impressive, scientifically, tbh but utterly horrific from a human perspective.

It is one of the videos I watched for training purposes many years ago when I was a retained firefighter. Horrific stuff. Four minutes for the whole stand to go up, roof and all. Lots of fans died in the seats they were sitting.

Sorry, but that is tosh. I have lived here for 30 years and, consequently met thousands of Scousers.

They are nowhere near as funny or self deprecating as they like to think they are but the rest of your comments are just stereotyping.

"The whole City has a chip on its shoulder". You've met and interviewed more than 50% of them have you, so you have a robust! statistically powered sample upon which to draw such conclusions.

This thread is about the horror of the Bradford tragedy yet you decide to Barmouth an entire city you shared. Shame

A part of me regrets making that post due to the reaction.

Observing that the whole football community should abide in grief about the fire at Bradford on the day of the anniversary is deemed offensive, though.

As other posters have inferred, it is wrong the entire footballing world stands still on 15th April yet two (?) clubs alone showed their respects today.  Can you please enquire amongst your thousands of Scouse acquaintances whether they're searching for justice on behalf of Juventus supporters?

Stereotypes are not born out of thin air, incidental. Also, I'm quoting Alex Ferguson and his hired psychologist. 

How, also, was Brendan Rogers taking credit for using Hillsborough in his team talk to inspire his team to victory a sign of class or respect?  Why didn't he follow suit for Chelsea and Crystal Palace?  Did he but the players stop caring?  I find the club a little farcical but please do answer these questions and the ones in post #41.  Or alternatively dismiss what I'm saying as 'tosh'. 

Now you are asking specifics. Your Ferguson/psychologist story is about one individual. If Rogers did use Hillsborough then that may well have been a tasteless thing to do. But you declared that ALL Liverpudlipans are like... And that the ENTIRE City has a chip on its shoulder, you simply are not qualified to say that. Surely you cannot believe that a psychologist's rumoured prouncement on one individual means his entire home city shares the same attributes?

I may as well say all Bristolians are great street artists because Banksy is

Now you are asking specifics. Your Ferguson/psychologist story is about one individual. If Rogers did use Hillsborough then that may well have been a tasteless thing to do. But you declared that ALL Liverpudlipans are like... And that the ENTIRE City has a chip on its shoulder, you simply are not qualified to say that. Surely you cannot believe that a psychologist's rumoured prouncement on one individual means his entire home city shares the same attributes?

I may as well say all Bristolians are great street artists because Banksy is

I didn't but Fergie did say it (and let's face it, Rooney does resemble the scouse-scally stereotype) but then I suppose Fergie did say lots of things people didn't listen to (like: "your job now is to get behind your next manager" ;) ).

Rogers also most definitely also said what I said he said, unless I'm already turning senile, and I thought it was up there with one of the most incredibly tasteless and self-serving things I've ever heard from a football manager (Holloway is also a front runner) an one of the reasons I'm glad Liverpool blew it from being 5/1 on.  

Archived