IGNORED

Freeman

SuperRed

ah, spanner in the works. clever by boro. i rate him but no more that 200k for a league two player, we have to be realistic and no go throwing the cash about. After watching crewe down the gate, i liked the look of that 'moore' (i think that was his name, winger), Thought he was tidy and easily aquired.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27390162

Not sure how that means he'll definitely stay there for next season. Surely Stevenage will still have to sale or they will loose him for peanuts when his contract runs out again in 12 months. 

why? we refused offers for Albert and Maynard when they both had 12 months left on their contract,

ah, spanner in the works. clever by boro. i rate him but no more that 200k for a league two player, we have to be realistic and no go throwing the cash about. After watching crewe down the gate, i liked the look of that 'moore' (i think that was his name, winger), Thought he was tidy and easily aquired.

Don't see how anything changes on his value, from a month ago (barring the 12 month extension). It wasn't his fault Stevenage went down and is a good player. Tbh I would say he's a player we'd do very well to get. 

The 12 month extension may work to our advantage, Cotts showed he was willing to pay a fee in Jan, how many clubs may be put off by having to do that now.

Don't see how anything changes on his value, from a month ago (barring the 12 month extension). It wasn't his fault Stevenage went down and is a good player. Tbh I would say he's a player we'd do very well to get. 

The 12 month extension may work to our advantage, Cotts showed he was willing to pay a fee in Jan, how many clubs may be put off by having to do that now.

If championship clubs are in for him then we should just move on, we can't compete with them while we're in league one, We shouldn't be breaking the bank or paying massive fees for anyone,

If championship clubs are in for him then we should just move on, we can't compete with them while we're in league one, We shouldn't be breaking the bank or paying massive fees for anyone,

Why not? The championship looks strong next year, at least one club that has been in the top flight in the last 10 years will drop down to league 1 - they will be highly competitive squads to get into and i'm sure playing time will be high on Freeman's agenda

If anything, he is all but guaranteed a place in the team if he moved to most league one clubs -look to the championship and look at Alan Judge, went to Blackburn and ended up back on loan in League One

Why not? The championship looks strong next year, at least one club that has been in the top flight in the last 10 years will drop down to league 1 - they will be highly competitive squads to get into and i'm sure playing time will be high on Freeman's agenda

If anything, he is all but guaranteed a place in the team if he moved to most league one clubs -look to the championship and look at Alan Judge, went to Blackburn and ended up back on loan in League One

because 99% of players are intrested in money

because 99% of players are intrested in money

I agree, but that shouldn't stop us trying to get highly rated players

Keep it in perspective, yes, have limits on wages, yes, walk away if the player/club wants more than we are willing to offer, yes 

but quit before we've even started? I should hope that's not the Bristol City way

I agree, but that shouldn't stop us trying to get highly rated players

Keep it in perspective, yes, have limits on wages, yes, walk away if the player/club wants more than we are willing to offer, yes 

but quit before we've even started? I should hope that's not the Bristol City way

I agree but our bid was turned down in jan and he had 6 months left we didn't go back, that bid wouldn't be acceptable now

I agree but our bid was turned down in jan and he had 6 months left we didn't go back, that bid wouldn't be acceptable now

The only reason we didn't go back was because SC said no it was unfair to ask SL for the additional funds however SL had told SC the money was there if he wanted it. 

Yes, that was because SC was adamant at the Q & A that he knew Freeman was OOC at the end of the season. Oops...

Indeed.  SC surreptitiously gave the impression that he wouldn't spend SL's money on Freeman in January, when he'd "already spoken to his agent - why spend money when he's free in the summer".

I said at the time, we should have stumped up the extra cash required to secure this signing.  I feel we've once again missed the boat on this one.  Shame really, but all too familiar a story going back many years for this club!

And if he had come to us on a free in the summer Cotterill would have been declared a shrewd manager for waiting.

Maybe we, and perhaps others, sounded too keen? He was persuaded to sign a new deal and collected a signing on fee I expect along with the Agent. He can now can wait and see if any of the interested clubs come back for him,and maybe attract some new interest. He also will leave Stevenage with good feeling as he will have secured a decent fee for them. Win/win

Archived