IGNORED

Carey To Join Local Non-League Outfit

Kid in the Riot

Seems to be a strong rumour that Carey will join a shambolically run, North Korea inspired, equine-hating local non-league club run by Nick Griffin this summer, to play his final season.

Good luck with that Louis!

Yes... I've heard that too mate.

It always makes me smile when certain fans say we can't have a certain manager or player because of what they have 'said' or who they have previously played for/managed....Football is a business...players don't have loyalties as such, and most are mates in the game.... they're just doing a job and want to play football. If it pays and they can do a job...then it won't matter who it is. Especially if it fits in with family life....

It always makes me smile when certain fans say we can't have a certain manager or player because of what they have 'said' or who they have previously played for/managed....Football is a business...players don't have loyalties as such, and most are mates in the game.... they're just doing a job and want to play football. If it pays and they can do a job...then it won't matter who it is. Especially if it fits in with family life....

I have never had a problem with any of our ex managers being ex gas or going to the gas or signing players from the gas or players going to the gas, but if your post is referring to Hollowhead, I think to be fair that is a completely different matter IMO.

Carey has always been a g*s "sympathiser" to be fair and I recall him commenting that a City/Rovers merger would be a good idea! I believe he has g*s who are family.

Personally I remain skeptical as to whether he'll make a decent football manager, surprised he wants to go into it to be honest. Even coaching...wasn't he taking the defence off for coaching sessions under SOD...?

Good bloke though, so good luck to him.

I would have thought he could do better than NLBR to be honest.

Exeter maybe?

He is probably likely to play more than at Exeter though as its a lower level. Also Bristol rovers will result in less travelling to training, home games etc which considering he is based in Bristol is probably a factor. Remember when he went to Coventry a big reason for him coming back to us was due to his big links to Bristol/feeling homesick.

He is probably likely to play more than at Exeter though as its a lower level. Also Bristol rovers will result in less travelling to training, home games etc which considering he is based in Bristol is probably a factor. Remember when he went to Coventry a big reason for him coming back to us was due to his big links to Bristol/feeling homesick.

Factor in the away games the Gas have to go to and the travelling will be huge. (Unless he signs then has a BBQ)

Do they do overnight stays? Dropping down to this level will be a huge shock for him, it's a while since he played league 1 regularly never mind non league (has he even played league 2?).

What's wrong with Bath City etc, Murray went there? Agent Carey maybe, but imagine seeing him in a Gas shirt, not right. But saying that I'm glad we didn't keep him on an just create a post for him. Good luck in your next challenge Louis, happy memories.

Terry Cooper

Torpey.

Super Mario lookalike Brian Williams.

Robbie Turner .

I'd go with these except Torpey. Cooper and Turner cane to City via other clubs though I'd still count them as ex gas. I'll add one more - Fred Ford. He was coach at the gas in the late 50s, became City manager in approx 1960, and gained promotion in 1965.

I'd go with these except Torpey. Cooper and Turner cane to City via other clubs though I'd still count them as ex gas. I'll add one more - Fred Ford. He was coach at the gas in the late 50s, became City manager in approx 1960, and gained promotion in 1965.

might as well stick in john ward (legend) and Peter Beadle then

Archived