IGNORED

Carey To Join Local Non-League Outfit

Kid in the Riot

I was confuddling Beadle with Torpey .

As stated above, only Brian Williams came directly from Roverzz from your list. I can't think of many in my lifetime who have come straight across town

Peter Aitken

Aiden McCaffery (on loan)

Brian Williams

Trevor Morgan.

Struggling to think of any more. Nogbad or Kingswood Mask will probably know.

I have never had a problem with any of our ex managers being ex gas or going to the gas or signing players from the gas or players going to the gas, but if your post is referring to Hollowhead, I think to be fair that is a completely different matter IMO.

I understand what you say mate, but even the Holloway matter wouldn't bother me.

I've heard far worse things said about this Club and it's supporters, from managers and players that are regarded as 'Legends' here...far worse than what Holloway has said publicly...

But non of it is in the public domain.

I laugh out loud when I hear people say Ward is a legend here...the most two faced person regarding this Club and it's supporters I've ever had the 'privilege' to meet.

people know I'm not Careys greatest fan but look at it this way, so I'm trying to come from a balanced viewpoint

Football is his job if they are willing to meat his wage demands and offer him a contract on his terms so be it, people shouldn't let that tarnish their personal memory of him,

If for example you were offered a chance at one last big payday before your retirement would you take it? (not talking about football here)

I know I would

I understand what you say mate, but even the Holloway matter wouldn't bother me.

I've heard far worse things said about this Club and it's supporters, from managers and players that are regarded as 'Legends' here...far worse than what Holloway has said publicly...

I laugh out loud when I hear people say Ward is a legend here...the most two faced person regarding this Club and it's supporters I've ever had the 'privilege' to meet.

and that's the problem Hollowhead's utterance is in the public domain and was delivered with some venom, I see a lot of ill informed nonsense about Pulis on this forum but have never heard him publicly slag the club off.

Lucky you're here to give us the 'facts ' on how badly our club is run .

people know I'm not Careys greatest fan but look at it this way, so I'm trying to come from a balanced viewpoint

Football is his job if they are willing to meat his wage demands and offer him a contract on his terms so be it, people shouldn't let that tarnish their personal memory of him,

If for example you were offered a chance at one last big payday before your retirement would you take it? (not talking about football here)

I know I would

By all accounts, his money hasn't been great here for the last few years. I doubt that money is his motivation anyway, probably just wants to play for another year for a local team.

Lets also not forget, he's not a dyed in the wool City fan like most of us on here.

Can you give some hints as to what has been said? Even if leaving out names

Really sad if true.

Can't see what he gets out of this, as the money would presumably be a pittance?

He was on a low wage at City this season as he was always only ever going to be emergency back up. Indeed the City board were very reluctant to offer him a contract at all.

The gappers pay well. It wouldn't surprise me if hewas only taking a small pay cut. Either way Louis clearly feels he has got 1 more season left in him.

By all accounts, his money hasn't been great here for the last few years. I doubt that money is his motivation anyway, probably just wants to play for another year for a local team.

Lets also not forget, he's not a dyed in the wool City fan like most of us on here.

in terms of footballers yes in terms of us commen folk no,

Anyway thats all I'm going to post about it as I try and stay away from Carey related threads

Can you give some hints as to what has been said? Even if leaving out names

no need John ward is a legend for 2 reasons

1 he got city promoted

2 he helped take rovers out of the football league,

as they say, actions speaks louder then words

Trevor Jacobs went there at the end of his career with us and did a good job for a couple of seasons, I think he helped them get promoted as well, one of the few players to be equally admired across Bristol as I recall.  I wouldn't have a problem with Carey if he were to do the same sort of thing (minus the promotion :) )

I really can't get my head around this thread.

Do people honestly believe footballers in general give a damn about the Club, it's owners and it's fans?

What is said for the media is often not what they really think.

Most footballers came into playing the game like us...for the love of it.

However after signing pro contracts and doing it day in day out...it becomes just like any other job.

Through my Agent contact...he has told me of at least three players on his books that play, but actually hate football now...they just do it for the money, and the amount of time they get off. More interested in Horses, Golf and Music apparently.

What is a passion for fans... is a pain in the arse for a lot of players.

They see fans and all that come's with it as a hindrance...

They often scoff at fans behind their backs for what they say and how they behave...

I actually take it with a pinch of salt.

If they don't like things about the Club..so be it. I would rather hear the truth, than making out everything is rosy and saying something they would want you to hear...which is what they do for the media.

That's why they are trained in what to say to the media and what not too.

The way rovers are going they'll probably end up having to pay players in 'meat'...........

"Good win at Alfreton boys, here's your joint of beef and dozen sausages"

I stopped reading after Agent friend

I don't blame you....after all, this forum is generally based on peoples assumptions only...who wants to know anything that might be the truth? :thumbsup: Obviously all people that work in the football industry, don't have relatives or friends who don't...that would be total madness...wouldn't it!!! :facepalm:

Do people honestly believe footballers in general give a damn about the Club, it's owners and it's fans?

However after signing pro contracts and doing it day in day out...it becomes just like any other job.

Through my Agent contact...he has told me of at least three players on his books that play, but actually hate football now...they just do it for the money, and the amount of time they get off. More interested in Horses, Golf and Music apparently.

They often scoff at fans behind their backs for what they say and how they behave...

If they don't like things about the Club..so be it. I would rather hear the truth, than making out everything is rosy and saying something they would want you to hear...which is what they do for the media.

I don't doubt one word of this - Michael Owen seemed far more interested in horses 10 years ago than he did about football, so although they wouldn't all feel the same I'm sure plenty do

As you say, it's a job, pure and simple. Albeit a job that many of us would kill for, but if I was playing for Rochdale, would I care as much as I would if I was at City? I'd like to say I would, but can't say 100% that would be truthful

Anyway, it's pre season and we need to argue with each other, so I'll butt out now and leave you all to it!

The way rovers are going they'll probably end up having to pay players in 'meat'...........

"Good win at Alfreton boys, here's your joint of beef and dozen sausages"

I played for Pembury Town when I was working in Kent for a season. No money moved in either direction but the manager ran the local pub so our reward was free roast dinner after the game. I think my intake was about the same as you mentioned RedRaw. Food was fantastic but had to get our own beers!

I don't doubt much of what you say, but for me it say's 2 things about the shit way football has gone and is going, many footballers are arseholes that's a given and agents who represent the one's that are arseholes and actually know that they are arseholes are bigger arseholes, it's like getting ripped off twice.

Actually 3 things I forgot that even mediocre players earn far too much that they do not concentrate and don't give a ****  on what they get paid to do, thanks for confirming all of this once and for all and agents really are parasites.

I don't doubt much of what you say, but for me it say's 2 things about the shit way football has gone and is going, many footballers are arseholes that's a given and agents who represent the one's that are arseholes and actually know that they are arseholes are bigger arseholes, it's like getting ripped off twice.

Actually 3 things I forgot that even mediocre players earn far too much that they do not concentrate and don't give a ****  on what they get paid to do, thanks for confirming all of this once and for all and agents really are parasites.

I wouldn't say every Agent is an Arsehole.

There are many doing good jobs for players in the lower leagues.

It's swings and roundabouts.

Many players wouldn't understand the outlines and benefits of their contracts...in the same way as us mere mortals wouldn't understand all the ins and outs of a contract when buying a house....that's why most employ an Estate Agent.

Clubs would try it on...Agents and players try it on...both trying to get the best deal for one another.

In the same way as an employer using a Recruitment Agency...they pay over the odds to them, to cut to the chase so to speak.

If Contracts were simple like most normal jobs, then players wouldn't need Agents.

Even so, many Players in the past have negotiated their own deal...if memory serves me right...Gary Neville and Paul Scholes are two. Open to correction on that.

Archived