IGNORED

Memorial Ground Heritage Site?

Cloggie

Quote from Higgs " The unfortunate result of these actions is another delay, which is very frustrating to all of us.

Until now we have not raised this matter in the public domain, as we did not want to give the applicant a public platform to raise the profile of their actions

Read more at http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/english-heritage-1552223.aspx#rkhtXlXw48GsWvbF.99

I personally would rather they got the stadium, they are now non league and it would mean them moving out of Bristol, both would suit us much better in gaining future fans as it'd be further Rover fans to travel and the atmosphere would be awful for them, sitting in a big bowl with next to no-one in it.

I personally would rather they got the stadium, they are now non league and it would mean them moving out of Bristol, both would suit us much better in gaining future fans as it'd be further Rover fans to travel and the atmosphere would be awful for them, sitting in a big bowl with next to no-one in it.

I'd rather that the UWE plans went tits up, Sainsbury's pulled out, and Rovers stay in the conference for the next couple of years (with the loss of rugby income) it would be the death knell for them.  They would cease to exist in five years i'd wager.

I'd rather that the UWE plans went tits up, Sainsbury's pulled out, and Rovers stay in the conference for the next couple of years (with the loss of rugby income) it would be the death knell for them.  They would cease to exist in five years i'd wager.

Thing is surely they'll lose more money by having a huge stadium with high costs and no atmosphere? They'll be in debt whether they admit it or not if it's completed and then when they go bankrupt and need to sell the stadium we can buy it for the rugby, move them in there and have Ashton Gate all to ourselves again haha

Thing is surely they'll lose more money by having a huge stadium with high costs and no atmosphere? They'll be in debt whether they admit it or not if it's completed and then when they go bankrupt and need to sell the stadium we can buy it for the rugby, move them in there and have Ashton Gate all to ourselves again haha

they can't sell uwe (if it gets built) as they won't own it they are renting it

Even better, they won't own it, they wouldn't be able to afford their own rent (see Coventry for reference) and we could either buy or rent it for the rugby lot :P

You learn something new every day.

I always thought the gates were dedicated to rugby players only.

The article in the post says it also includes footballers?

Are any city players names on it?

This is not something to trivialise, clearly the intention of the donor of the ground and gates intended them to be an everlasting memorial to the people who gave their lives.

You learn something new every day.

I always thought the gates were dedicated to rugby players only.

The article in the post says it also includes footballers?

Are any city players names on it?

This is not something to trivialise, clearly the intention of the donor of the ground and gates intended them to be an everlasting memorial to the people who gave their lives.

Strictly speaking rugby footballers. The rugby club was originally known as Bristol Football Club.

Actually Rovers would own the stadium, it's the ground it would be standing on that would be leased. Whether the agreement with UWE allows the sale of the ground without UWE's say so, is another matter.

Another spurious, anonymous application with the sole intention of delaying the sale of the site to Sainsburys.

What the **** is wrong with the people of Bristol, seriously?

It's funny cus its them but what a backward city we live in.

Weren't they proposing to keep the actual memorial gates anyway?

Archived