IGNORED

6 Years Ago Today

Super

Nor me.

Let's face it, it was a crap game.

Tbh you rarely get a good spectacle out of these sort of games due to the sheer amount of expectation/pressure that surrounds them. I have watched the highlights back a couple of times and the Windass goal was pretty much their only clear cut chance of the game. I don't think I am being biased when I say that on the whole we were the better side that day, we had more of the ball and we had some decent half chances but we never looked like we would capitalise on any of them. At the end of the day sh1te defending cost us dear, probably partly due to the fact that Orr wasn't on the pitch at the time and Marv went to fill in at right back.

That day we were just happy to be there, as most of us would have taken 21st that season. Unlike 2004 FFS!

We did have an amazing season that year but I left thinking when will be the next time we are 90 from the Premier League.

At the end of the day sh1te defending cost us dear, probably partly due to the fact that Orr wasn't on the pitch at the time and Marv went to fill in at right back.

Orr was on the pitch wasn't he? - in my recurring nightmare Carey goes out to close down Fraiser Campbell and Orr is on the penalty spot when Windass hit his shot. Had Orr been fully fit at the time, we wouldn't have conceded then.

Did anyone seriously go into that game expecting to win? As soon as we'd missed out on promotion I was fairly convinced it was championship football for the 08-09 season - being in the final prolonged the agony

Lee Johnson and Steve Lansdown at fault for me.

Remember having my earliest ever pint that day, before coach left Bristol.  Journey home seemed to take forever.  Fantastic stadium but Hull fans outsung us and the atmosphere from the Palace game just wasn't there. Only consolation I took was the Hull fans were fatter than us.

Fontaine at fault for me. Poor defending all round.

If Orr's face wasn't smashed to a pulp he would have taken the impact of Windass' strike, as it was he moved his head out of the way. It was not a great game but City were the better team. Desperately disappointing but I would agree the Brighton defeat felt worse for me.

Archived