IGNORED

Memorable Goals By Centre Backs To Secure Points For Bcfc

SuperDziek

Boom boom's bicycle kick versus Hull at home in a 3-2 win 07/08.

I think Bicycle kick is a bit generous though.

I think it was 2-1 not 3-2.

Remember thinking it was an amazing bicycle kick at the time and then seeing it on TV after and it wasn't quite as good second time around! Always surprises me how different a lot of goals look on the TV compared to how I remembered them 'live'.

Remember thinking it was an amazing bicycle kick at the time and then seeing it on TV after and it wasn't quite as good second time around! Always surprises me how different a lot of goals look on the TV compared to how I remembered them 'live'.

Exactly. I keep telling Sky watching mates that there's nothing like live football. So far I've managed to get one of them down to the Gate for a couple of night matches. Needless to say he's hooked now and will be getting a ST next season. Shame I'm not on commission.....

McCombe away at Carlisle in 06-07, we were 1-0 down having been battered for the vast majority of the first half when on the stroke of half time he leapt up like a Samoan and thumped a powerful header in to make it 1-1, we were superb in the second half and won 3-1.

McCombe away at Carlisle in 06-07, we were 1-0 down having been battered for the vast majority of the first half when on the stroke of half time he leapt up like a Samoan and thumped a powerful header in to make it 1-1, we were superb in the second half and won 3-1.

If we had a 'favourite tackles by a centre back' thread then McCombe would be on there for a tackle in that game when Joe Garner I think was clean through with it 1-1 when McCombe slid from behind, extended his leg in a go go gadget stylee and won the ball cleanly. Noble shortly afterwards put Enoch through to go 2-1 up before Bradders scored a stunner. What a day out that was!

Archived