IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie To Liverpool?

BS15_RED

Doubt it seeing that most thought he was shit.

It was the managers who thought he was shit. Says a lot about their knowledge of a players potential.

That's why he wanted away from AG. He knew he was not a regular first choice and managed to get a very lucrative move to Palace.

It was the managers who thought he was shit. Says a lot about their knowledge of a players potential.

That's why he wanted away from AG. He knew he was not a regular first choice and managed to get a very lucrative move to Palace.

Was a bit part player in his first year, but as far as I remember he featured heavily in pre-season but was tempted off by a move to London and more money as much as anything.

No chance Palace will accept that though surely, not when they got 15 mil for Zaha!

For all his flashy skills, he still lacks a decent end product. I think he's played over 70 games for Palace now, and has only scored three goals (all three scored in the Championship).

The club obviously made a mistake selling him and he's settled well to Premier League football, but I don't see why Liverpool or any of the other top clubs would be interested in him at this moment in time.

For all his flashy skills, he still lacks a decent end product. I think he's played over 70 games for Palace now, and has only scored three goals (all three scored in the Championship).

The club obviously made a mistake selling him and he's settled well to Premier League football, but I don't see why Liverpool or any of the other top clubs would be interested in him at this moment in time.

decent end product? Have you seen how good his crossing has been this season? Also finished with the highest amount of assists in their side last season 

that would be your thinking mans manager Keith Milen and Del then, not to mention that we had a world cup bound albert adomah keeping him out of the squad as well so we couldn't fit him in, in his strongest postion

but lets not let facts get in the way of your post robbo

that would be your thinking mans manager Keith Milen and Del then, not to mention that we had a world cup bound albert adomah keeping him out of the squad as well so we couldn't fit him in, in his strongest postion

but lets not let facts get in the way of your post robbo

Adomah played wide right so didn't keep Bolasie out of the team at all. He's now an important player at Palace and who is assistant manager at Selhurst Park?

It's obvious to me that MIllen has had a serious amount of imput and influence in Bolasie's rise into a decent PL player.

decent end product? Have you seen how good his crossing has been this season? Also finished with the highest amount of assists in their side last season 

As said previously, I'm not dismissing him as a Premier League player, I just can't see why any of the higher placed sides would be interested in him, until he starts improving his end product.

It doesn't surprise me that he got the highest amount of assists in Palace's side, their main strategy is to counter attack through their two wingers, Bolasie & Puncheon - Puncheon, it's worth noting, scored 7 in comparison to Bolasie last year. Plus having just checked, it doesn't seem like he got many assists anyhow, according to this site - http://www.espnfc.com/stats/assists/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league?cc=5739

Really. Bolasie. You are having a laugh if you think Liverpool will sign him.

Yes you would think that Bolaise is a bit raw without a goal to his name this season. However they (Liverpool) have turned Stirling and Henderson into something, got Sturridge playing after he was outed at Man C and Chelsea and they might fancy a go at turning him into something more polished, if they can pick him up at the right price!

Don't rule it out I would say, remember Keegan, Robinson et al and never forget Hooper....Now he was pants!!

Yes you would think that Bolaise is a bit raw without a goal to his name this season. However they (Liverpool) have turned Stirling and Henderson into something, got Sturridge playing after he was outed at Man C and Chelsea and they might fancy a go at turning him into something more polished, if they can pick him up at the right price!

Don't rule it out I would say, remember Keegan, Robinson et al and never forget Hooper....Now he was pants!!

Yeah, ok. And of course John Scales and Julian Dicks managed a few games for them. I still don't want to think it might be true.

Adomah played wide right so didn't keep Bolasie out of the team at all. He's now an important player at Palace and who is assistant manager at Selhurst Park?

It's obvious to me that MIllen has had a serious amount of imput and influence in Bolasie's rise into a decent PL player.

He was a bit part player who even when he got his chance wasn't much good then... clearly came on leaps and bounds during his time with Palace, fair play to him.

Sterling is 19 and has scored 11 in the premier league in two seasons, Bolasie is 25 and scored 3 in the last two seasons and all three were in the championship. Bolasie has nowhere near the raw talent of someone like Sterling.

Sterling is 19 and has scored 11 in the premier league in two seasons, Bolasie is 25 and scored 3 in the last two seasons and all three were in the championship. Bolasie has nowhere near the raw talent of someone like Sterling.

People develop at different rates! Perhaps Bolaise doesn't have the 'raw talent' of Sterling, but Sterling was as useless as Bolaise in front of goal until the Liverpool coaching staff got in his head!...Perhaps that is all Bolaise needs

Liverpool play with pace particularly from the off and have a habit of molding players to their own requirements....I just would not reject this notion out of hand!

Sterling has that many playing for a good team, Bolaise has his playing for a below average team. I could see him being a squad player there. Would he take it, surely he would prefer to play most weeks

People develop at different rates! Perhaps Bolaise doesn't have the 'raw talent' of Sterling, but Sterling was as useless as Bolaise in front of goal until the Liverpool coaching staff got in his head!...Perhaps that is all Bolaise needs

Liverpool play with pace particularly from the off and have a habit of molding players to their own requirements....I just would not reject this notion out of hand!

What you both have said is very true mind you Liverpool only just missed out on the title by goal difference so why would they want to buy a player who has never scored in the premier league as a winger when they are trying to build a champions league quality squad?

It would be a backwards step, even as a backup. Look at what happened with Scott Sinclair at Man City despite being at that time twice the player that Bolasie is now. 

Don't get me wrong Bolasie is a decent premiership/high championship winger, but champions league team he is nowhere near the mark!

There may be something in that, RO. At Ashton Gate, Bolassie's main talent was to run into opposition players during one of his head-down charges down the wing and injure them.

He was a young player with us and has obviously kicked on since. Is that just natural development or is it a poor indictment of our coaching at that time?

Ps: not necessarily now - tbe coaching staff are totally different now.

Archived