IGNORED

Wade Elliott

kachina

For someone who has only recently joined this forum and with only 6 posts to their name you are quite remarkable in being able to suss other forum members out, identified someone as a troll yesterday I see. Hmmm, long time watcher are you?

Nope, previous member and founder member of these entire forums before being banned because one of the admin took exception to a home truth made through a pm.

I'm sure you're already aware of this and have cross-referenced the ip and discussed it in your admin forum.

Re Kachina - what myself and others have said is fact - he tells lies. History shows this. He's also claimed to be a football agent and high flying football writer in the past.

That's the danger, whilst we are in the third tier, we can and will lose out on targets to low end Championship clubs.

We can only hope that we are prepared to offer him something and that being familiar with the players already and/or hopefully liking it in Bristol, he would want to sign.

But he's not getting any younger and is going to probably want to play at the highest level possible for the highest wage possible at this stage in his career, and who can blame him.

Bournemouth were anything but 'low end' last season. If they offer him anything near what he wants then he'd be daft not to take it. Club on the up as things stand

Bournemouth were anything but 'low end' last season. If they offer him anything near what he wants then he'd be daft not to take it. Club on the up as things stand

Until they've finished top 8 or 10 for a few seasons it's hard to see them as a "top end" club. I'm not talking finance wise. Ourselves and even Colchester have done well in that league in the last few years and couldn't sustain it. Can't see them as a higher end championship club with the likes of Leeds, Derby etc in there

Until they've finished top 8 or 10 for a few seasons it's hard to see them as a "top end" club. I'm not talking finance wise. Ourselves and even Colchester have done well in that league in the last few years and couldn't sustain it. Can't see them as a higher end championship club with the likes of Leeds, Derby etc in there

Quite agree, second season syndrome could be a killer for them. See that Howe is linked with the job down the road at Southampton too

But for Elliott, with maybe 2 years left the chance to 'go home' with a club on the up, as things stand, playing some brilliant football then I'd be biting their hands off

Quite agree, second season syndrome could be a killer for them. See that Howe is linked with the job down the road at Southampton too

But for Elliott, with maybe 2 years left the chance to 'go home' with a club on the up, as things stand, playing some brilliant football then I'd be biting their hands off

Yes I saw that too! Has a great eye for a player I think

Yes, I wasn't meaning to do them a disservice. I meant purely on reputation/stature.

There's probably 15 teams that think they're bigger than Bournemouth in that league next season.

Surely depends on how much he thinks he'll play. He may prefer to come here if he's promised he'll be the 'main man', whereas at Bournemouth he might only be one of three or four 'creative' midfielders. The adage goes that players at the end of their careers just want to play (I'm sure they also want big fat contracts too of course)

Surely depends on how much he thinks he'll play. He may prefer to come here if he's promised he'll be the 'main man', whereas at Bournemouth he might only be one of three or four 'creative' midfielders. The adage goes that players at the end of their careers just want to play (I'm sure they also want big fat contracts too of course)

That's a fair point Dawg

I'm pretty sure Elliott enjoyed his time here, so I'm sure he'd consider a deal. Just get the feeling he'll want two years, and SC will, correctly, offer one with another on offer if all goes to plan. I'm sure he's good enough to get two years from someone

Yes, I wasn't meaning to do them a disservice. I meant purely on reputation/stature.

There's probably 15 teams that think they're bigger than Bournemouth in that league next season.

23 I should think! I'm sure Brentford and Rotherham will think they are at least as big, I'm sure the others will think they are bigger

Got a soft spot for AFCB, always played good football, going back years, and not a bad away day either

The adage goes that players at the end of their careers just want to play (I'm sure they also want big fat contracts too of course)

Not a criticism of you CD, but have you noticed that players often say when they are looking for a transfer "I am at that stage of my career where I need to be playing games" ? The thing is, they can be any age when they say it, and it begs the question, what stage of a footballers career does he not need to be playing games?

He should have been snapped by now.SC's relaxed no rush style has all the hall marks of us losing out on players.Elliott transformed our midfield in the latter part of the season .Poor shout if we don't get him.

Why do people just assume that nothing is happening about anything, just because there's been no "news"? I would bet everything I own that the discussion of a possible permanent move happened whilst he was still at the club. Whether anything comes from it is another matter. He's getting on and will want the longest/most lucrative contract that he can get. He's not going to jump at the first offer of employment that comes his way when there's still over 2 months until the new season begins.

Why do people just assume that nothing is happening about anything, just because there's been no "news"? I would bet everything I own that the discussion of a possible permanent move happened whilst he was still at the club. Whether anything comes from it is another matter. He's getting on and will want the longest/most lucrative contract that he can get. He's not going to jump at the first offer of employment that comes his way when there's still over 2 months until the new season begins.

some people just want to knock SC they can't take being proven wrong by him and will use anything to knock him,

I bet you that these same people would be moaning if we had signed him for being too old

It would not be the end of the world if Wade Elliot didn't sign, at 35 years old I couldn't imagine its long before something starts to tweak, Bobby Reid really needs to breakthrough this year though.

It would not be the end of the world if Wade Elliot didn't sign, at 35 years old I couldn't imagine its long before something starts to tweak, Bobby Reid really needs to breakthrough this year though.

no wade + nyron + next season = mid table at best

From what I've seen of Reid we'll be lucky if he's half the player of Wade. Yes he's got lots of potential, but based on last season he's a long way from fulfilling it.

Tin hat now on....

From what I've seen of Reid we'll be lucky if he's half the player of Wade. Yes he's got lots of potential, but based on last season he's a long way from fulfilling it.

Tin hat now on....

Lets not forget the kiddy is still only 20 years old, Wade has been playing professional football for donkeys and looking at his stats page he wasn't a regular player for Bournemouth in his first professional season there aged 21!

Reid has shown he has some talent even if he still has to get there, second professional season should see him coming on leaps and bounds.

Not a criticism of you CD, but have you noticed that players often say when they are looking for a transfer "I am at that stage of my career where I need to be playing games" ? The thing is, they can be any age when they say it, and it begs the question, what stage of a footballers career does he not need to be playing games?

I don't claim ownership of that or any other adage! As with everything footballers say, it's just a cliche, but that's not to say it doesn't have an element of truth.

I suspect the basis of it is that when players are younger they can command a decent wage as a squad player, whereas when they're a bit more experienced they command greater value as a first team player at a lower level

Lets not forget the kiddy is still only 20 years old, Wade has been playing professional football for donkeys and looking at his stats page he wasn't a regular player for Bournemouth in his first professional season there aged 21!

Reid has shown he has some talent even if he still has to get there, second professional season should see him coming on leaps and bounds.

Totally agree and I hope we have a real gem on our hands. But I'm not convinced he will develop into the future Pirlo that everyone on here seems to think he will be! Has an awful lot of work to do IMO to be even becoming a League One star.

Totally agree and I hope we have a real gem on our hands. But I'm not convinced he will develop into the future Pirlo that everyone on here seems to think he will be! Has an awful lot of work to do IMO to be even becoming a League One star.

I've heard from numerous people...so all hear say, that it's an attitude problem. Has the potential but thinks he's already made it.

Where as Bryan, has less natural talent, but is willing to soak up all knowledge and improve like a sponge.

Only time will tell. I should suspect hell get another 2 years extension added on to his year left, therefore next two seasons he would have to force his way into the side or will be let go, need to earn it I think though has got his taste of first team now needs to work hard to show he is worthy of it.

I've heard from numerous people...so all hear say, that it's an attitude problem. Has the potential but thinks he's already made it.

Where as Bryan, has less natural talent, but is willing to soak up all knowledge and improve like a sponge.

Not surprised about that, based on what I've heard. Seems a very bright lad with a good attitude. Disappointing if true about Reid, he's a long way from having "made" anything...

Who says SC hasn't had a chat with him ? 

To me, its bloody obvious that SC would have had a chat with Elliott at seasons end.

But...

Will he get other offers ? Definitely.

Will they be better offers ? Probably.

Will he come here ? Probably not.

Oh well that's OK then as long as he had a chat.I

Well, thats about all it could be - a chat to see if the lad is interested in a permanent move here.

Elliott isn't going to jump at the chance of joining us and to think otherwise is just plain naive.

So what is plain  naive in thinking that a player that apparently really enjoyed playing here and enjoyed playing under SC  again.And also made such an impact on our midfield plus was released by his former club and is therefore out of contract might be someone that SC could target and  get on board quickly. Stranger things have happened and do happen.

Archived