IGNORED

Congratulations Gary Johnson

Sweeney in at 32, Wilson 52 and Connor 58

6th Martin

11th Hutchinson

13th Stewart

16th David Johnson, must have been here at one point with the others!

17th Mercer

23rd Cooper

24th Miller

33rd Wagstaff

51st Harrison

54th spence

I watched this on the tv last night, they are total nutters, frightened the hell out of me and was brilliant at the same time! I was hoping Guy Martin would win, but he came a respectable 6th. (He's that mechanic person who does that restoration stuff on channel 4 or 5). I did notice the Gary and Lee and had a smile to myself, no idea there were so many others.

6th Martin

11th Hutchinson

13th Stewart

16th David Johnson, must have been here at one point with the others!

17th Mercer

23rd Cooper

24th Miller

33rd Wagstaff

51st Harrison

54th spence

I watched this on the tv last night, they are total nutters, frightened the hell out of me and was brilliant at the same time! I was hoping Guy Martin would win, but he came a respectable 6th. (He's that mechanic person who does that restoration stuff on channel 4 or 5). I did notice the Gary and Lee and had a smile to myself, no idea there were so many others.

Sad to say I don't think, barring breakdowns, he'll ever win a TT (Martin).  He's very fast but the TT and the Northwest just don't seem to suit him and he always tails off.

The rest of the road races like the Cookstown are much more suited to him, hence his past successes

Sad to say I don't think, barring breakdowns, he'll ever win a TT (Martin).  He's very fast but the TT and the Northwest just don't seem to suit him and he always tails off.

The rest of the road races like the Cookstown are much more suited to him, hence his past successes

or ends up in a ball of flame!!  if you haven't already, go watch 'TT Closer to the edge' - a brilliant doc about the IOM TT race, starring Martin (and some spectacular crashes - one guy in particular leaves the road on a bend so fast, he flies a bloody long way and boy does it look painful!)

or ends up in a ball of flame!!  if you haven't already, go watch 'TT Closer to the edge' - a brilliant doc about the IOM TT race, starring Martin (and some spectacular crashes - one guy in particular leaves the road on a bend so fast, he flies a bloody long way and boy does it look painful!)

I think that was the documentary I saw to make me realise Guy Martin races bikes, I hadn't made the connection before! Didn't he seriously injure himself, broke his back or was badly burnt or something? Seriously frightening course, but I guess that's also the attraction too. Not sure if I would stand where some of the spectators do either.

Archived