IGNORED

Come And Have A Go If You Think You're Hard Enough

The Falkland Islands have never belonged to Argentina. Argentina made a claim to them on independence from Spain. Instead of saying "the Falkland Islands are Argentine", the banner should say "We would like the Falkland Islands to be Argentine".

The addition of "in an ideal world", "for financial reasons" or "please" would also be welcome.

The Falkland Islands have never belonged to Argentina. Argentina made a claim to them on independence from Spain. Instead of saying "the Falkland Islands are Argentine", the banner should say "We would like the Falkland Islands to be Argentine".

The addition of "in an ideal world", "for financial reasons" or "please" would also be welcome.

The Falkland Islands are Argentine, as much as the Isle of Wight is British. I wonder how we would feel if the I of W was inhabited by Argentines? Don't get me wrong as an ex servicemen I feel it was right and proper to defend the territory in the past, but British rule will be untenable in the future and I feel sure the Falklands will be Argentine.   

The Falkland Islands are Argentine, as much as the Isle of Wight is British. I wonder how we would feel if the I of W was inhabited by Argentines? Don't get me wrong as an ex servicemen I feel it was right and proper to defend the territory in the past, but British rule will be untenable in the future and I feel sure the Falklands will be Argentine.   

no they are not, they are british and will remain british, the argies only ever rattle the saber when there is an election over there,

Also letting them have the isles is a massive disrepect to the familys currently living there as well as the service men and women who died re-taking the isles back from the argies

Poxy Island of know worth or value, costs us more money than it's worth, if the 100 or so Falklanders want to be British so much then stick them on an Island off of Scotland somewhere so they can feel quite at home, about time we did the right thing and started giving back all the lands we stole during our shameful imperialistic past 

Pre 82 maybe but we lost to many men just to give it back.

read my earlier post and educate yourself!

It is an outrage that the Argentinians think they can use football to promote their own "colonialist" ambitions (a word they like to level at Britain)!

At the end of the day, it comes down to the rights and will of the Falkland Islanders themselves. If you take time to listen to them (something the Argentinians simply refuse to do) you will realise how important their home is to them. As some of the posters here have pointed out, they have never been Argentinian. They were settled by the British at a time when all the major powers in the world were clamouring for land. Their claim is kept alive by a government who want to deflect from their own inadequacies. Plus, the Argentinians know that, one day, in the future, we'll all be forced to look for oil and gas in Antarctica. Suddenly the Falklands becomes a very important port of call (poxy islands??). Until that day (and probably beyond) they will continue to teach their children that the islands are a part of Argentina robbed by pirates.

Yes, some of the things Britain has done in its history is terrible, but there are also many, many achievements to be proud of. I don't think there is any large nation on earth that can look back into its history and say "we acted impeccably at all times". But in the case of the Falklands, Britain has nothing to apologise for.

I have family who were born and brought up on the Falklands, Goose Green to be exact.... so I'm a little biased. The islands, as a British Protectorate, with a self-determining Government, are British... well, they are watched over by us.

South Georgia and the other South Atlantic/Antarctic Islands are also watched over by us, protected from being stripped of all their natural wealth.

All those small South Atlantic islands were originally used by Whaling Companies and Fleets to process their catch, now thankfully only used by the wildlife and scientists.

There is only one thing the Argies want.... and have ever wanted from the Falklands....OIL! They have huge debts and a sheite economy.... and that crazy Chistina bird as President.

It is an outrage that the Argentinians think they can use football to promote their own "colonialist" ambitions (a word they like to level at Britain)!

At the end of the day, it comes down to the rights and will of the Falkland Islanders themselves. If you take time to listen to them (something the Argentinians simply refuse to do) you will realise how important their home is to them. As some of the posters here have pointed out, they have never been Argentinian. They were settled by the British at a time when all the major powers in the world were clamouring for land. Their claim is kept alive by a government who want to deflect from their own inadequacies. Plus, the Argentinians know that, one day, in the future, we'll all be forced to look for oil and gas in Antarctica. Suddenly the Falklands becomes a very important port of call (poxy islands??). Until that day (and probably beyond) they will continue to teach their children that the islands are a part of Argentina robbed by pirates.

Yes, some of the things Britain has done in its history is terrible, but there are also many, many achievements to be proud of. I don't think there is any large nation on earth that can look back into its history and say "we acted impeccably at all times". But in the case of the Falklands, Britain has nothing to apologise for.

When in Argentina i rather upset the local's when i said that we are n't really bothered about "las Malvinas" but hey ho the FALKLANDER'S want to stay British ,muchas gracias.

"I died for people like you in the war" - Spike Milligan

When in Argentina i rather upset the local's when i said that we are n't really bothered about "las Malvinas" but hey ho the FALKLANDER'S want to stay British ,muchas gracias.

"I died for people like you in the war" - Spike Milligan

I think you will find that the right of self-determination is one of the pillars on which the UN was founded. Exactly the same applies to Gibraltar. No bugger there wants to be Spanish, either.

Poxy Island of know worth or value, costs us more money than it's worth, if the 100 or so Falklanders want to be British so much then stick them on an Island off of Scotland somewhere so they can feel quite at home, about time we did the right thing and started giving back all the lands we stole during our shameful imperialistic past

The families of 255 British Military personnel might be a tad upset with your ignorant comments.

The families of 255 British Military personnel might be a tad upset with your ignorant comments.

Don't forget that nearly 700 Argentinians died as well, most of them teenagers, in a war they could never win thanks to stupid politicians in Buenos Aires trying to make a political point and more tellingly the most evil prime minister this country has ever known.

Don't forget that nearly 700 Argentinians died as well, most of them teenagers, in a war they could never win thanks to stupid politicians in Buenos Aires trying to make a political point and more tellingly the most evil prime minister this country has ever known.

Oh my God what a nauseating lefty muppet you are. The Falklands is a British territory, it's people choose to be British, it was the Governments duty to protect them, which they duly did. Now if you want to see true evil I suggest you look to Mr Tony Blair and his little crusade in Iraq and how many young British soldiers lost their lives there.

Oh my God what a nauseating lefty muppet you are. The Falklands is a British territory, it's people choose to be British, it was the Governments duty to protect them, which they duly did. Now if you want to see true evil I suggest you look to Mr Tony Blair and his little crusade in Iraq and how many young British soldiers lost their lives there.

I've never been called a "nauseating lefty muppet" before, i can't stop chuckling to myself :laughcont: , do you know if Billy Bragg is performing down Glastonbury again this year?  

If only they had protected them,they didn't,they let the Argies invade.As for Tory Blair,he was almost as right wing as the milk snatcher,and a great admirer of her too.

If only they had protected them,they didn't,they let the Argies invade.As for Tory Blair,he was almost as right wing as the milk snatcher,and a great admirer of her too.

Exactly, but because he was New Labour, a lot of lefties seem to think what he did was ok.

Exactly, but because he was New Labour, a lot of lefties seem to think what he did was ok.

I think you'l find that most "lefties" despised Tony Blair and were the only voice in condemning the Gulf crisis which the Tories thoroughly backed.

Well i feel that i will have to disagree with you on this.  Fact.  Pipelines were finished and being insulated 20 months after the war ended.  The island really does have a value.  It did not cost more than its worth.  That does depend on what you see or count as worth thou.   

Where was all this outrage when Thatcher so meekly handed Hong Kong to China yet fought so vigorously for the Falklands at the same time, didn't the British of Hong Kong deserve support?

What hypocrite you are the UK had Hong Kong on 99 year lease, had we ignored that it would have been like an act war, just like when the Argies invaded the Falklands.

Archived