IGNORED

Religion In Schools.

screech

I see you replied by asking a question, fancy answering the one I asked of you, I have answered yours.

I think you'll find I did but by putting the answer to you in a manner that would make you think. Maybe you were taught English by someone not qualified.

anyone caught preaching their religion, given one warning, then removed from post if caught doing it again.  

Does that apply to the Door to Door God botherers as well ?  Should one of them knock on your door and speak to your child would you not prefer that said child had at least some idea of what carp they are preaching ?  It's called an education my friend. If you really believe that your child should not be educated in something that you don't believe in then you may as well bugger off and join the Taliban

........you write Cultural Marxist bullshit - this is a Christian country and has been since about 600 AD when the religion was adopted for England. Have some respect for this country's culture and heritage.

Pagans were here before then matey, how far back do you want to go?

I have no respect for religion.  I respect the right for someone to waste their time following it... what ever floats their boat,it doesn't make the country

Mine it is utter bollocks, and you should only be taught by those that know about their religion, not by bloody teachers who "know about" other religions.

Like Item B you mean.

I think we should just agree that we very much disagree with each others opinions

Does that apply to the Door to Door God botherers as well ?  Should one of them knock on your door and speak to your child would you not prefer that said child had at least some idea of what carp they are preaching ?  It's called an education my friend. If you really believe that your child should not be educated in something that you don't believe in then you may as well bugger off and join the Taliban

Maybe you should learn to read Tone, if you want to accuse me of failing to understand English or words to that effect .

I'll let you read through it all again, and then you can decide if I mentioned forgoing a education,or going to find about it through their own choice.

Maybe you should learn to read Tone, if you want to accuse me of failing to understand English or words to that effect .

I'll let you read through it all again, and then you can decide if I mentioned forgoing a education,or going to find about it through their own choice.

My reading is fine thanks. I read English, French and some Arabic

Hmm what was that you were writing about parents before you edited it?

I decided to refer to your post rather than say parents. That way they are your words not mine and gives you no means to disagree.

I have no respect for religion.  I respect the right for someone to waste their time following it... what ever floats their boat,it doesn't make the country

indeed and even the old bill in their wisdom have a pagan police association and have been granted the legal right to have pagan holidays off as a right, everybody has the right to believe in what they want and for the record Mr Mosquito the Archbishop of Canterbury has said Britain is not a christian country it is a post christian country and he should know that's the business he is in.

I decided to refer to your post rather than say parents. That way they are your words not mine and gives you no means to disagree.

Afraid not, you seem to be having problems reading Tone, I didn't post the list, Northamptonshire did, hence why only commented on C, and not anything else, are you trying to divert attention by trying to say I typed something I didn't?

Afraid not, you seem to be having problems reading Tone, I didn't post the list, Northamptonshire did, hence why only commented on C, and not anything else, are you trying to divert attention by trying to say I typed something I didn't?

I apologise they are not your words so I will say what I was originally going to post and refer to parents in the same context

I apologise they are not your words so I will say what I was originally going to post and refer to parents in the same context

I'm not sure of your point?  Learn from my parents concerning religion?  Hell no, they are Christian, in terms they were christened, they know bugger all about Christianity, if i wanted to learn about anything Religious, they would be the last people in the world I would ask. (thankfully, they decided it was up to me if I wanted to be christened or not)  If I wanted to know, I would go to a Church Temple or mosque and get the relevant information to decide.

Put it this way, if you wanted a Mortgage,would you go tho a butcher who has had a mortgage or two in his life,and knows a bit about it,or go to a independent mortgage broker?

These are things you make decisions on after school, after you have left home, just like Religion should be treated... all imo of course.

As I have said I believe Kids should receive RE education. You do not so we agree to very much disagree.

Indeed, i don't think there is a middle ground here, but it highlights interesting points for those with not so strong opinions

.....but Christianity did make the country of England in the 600s by galvanizing the different peoples into one nation. The Christian flag of England......

England-Flag.jpg

.....but Christianity did make the country of England in the 600s by galvanizing the different peoples into one nation. The Christian flag of England......

England-Flag.jpg

Yes and enforced by fear and violence and lies and then changed to allow an egotist to marry and divorce more women, but as I said earlier the UK is not a christian country, the UK boss of the church has already ruled on that one.

England-Flag.jpg

I'm fully aware of this, plus things done on the crusades.  That is how empires grow,in the name of something.  It doesn't stop me thinking it is a fantasy crutch that people put way too much emphasis on in the vain attempt justify what they do.

People justify life choices because of fairy tales is absolutely ridiculous imo.

We are a country based on power, wanting power and exerting our power on others, mostly in the recent past based on religion,  but lets get real, religion is the excuse for power.  Religion was born of people wanting power.  

Yes and enforced by fear and violence and lies and then changed to allow an egotist to marry and divorce more women, but as I said earlier the UK is not a christian country, the UK boss of the church has already ruled on that one.

.......the apostate boss of the church can rule on all he likes but this is a Christian country with a Christian flag and my first name is my Christian name and I'll defend the faith.

As I have said I believe Kids should receive RE education. You do not so we agree to very much disagree.

When I was a school child I used to really enjoy listening to stories from the old and new testaments. Unbelievable that these days so many have abandoned the religion of their ancestors.

Indeed, i don't think there is a middle ground here, but it highlights interesting points for those with not so strong opinions

I agree that it does. I would love to continue this but I am currently in Saudi Arabia and it is dinner time. I am dying for roast pork and a bottle of wine but due to their religious beliefs I can't have either. Ironic I think.

I agree that it does. I would love to continue this but I am currently in Saudi Arabia and it is dinner time. I am dying for roast pork and a bottle of wine but due to their religious beliefs I can't have either. Ironic I think.

think yourself thankful you still have your head and hands :)

I'm off for a week in Crete tomorrow morning, so my anti religious rambling will stop for a while.

if RE had been more multi cultural you wouldn't have a problem.

Ah he might of, as he could have been a Muslim, then decided to convert to Christianity,  I think he would have had a real problem if he had  gone down that route.  No head or hand cutting, maybe a bit of rubble chucking at Tone.  Just as well he lost weight, as he would have been a easy target!

Archived