IGNORED

Rik Mayall

The Gasbuster

I'm gutted. One of my comedy heroes. Bottom still makes me laugh to this day and I only watched Guest House Paradiso again last week.

The kind of puerile comedy he and Ade Edmonson did over the years wasn't to everyone's taste but comedy geniuses all the same.

Very sad.  Will be watching "Mr. Jolly Lives Next Door" this evening.

A friend of mine was dealing with a bunch of comics in recent years on an arts project, he noted that of all the comedians he met, the nicest guy was Rik Mayall.  And mentioned that one of Rik's rules in life was "be nice to people", and gave people as much time with him as they wanted. 

Bottom was and still is my fav programme. Watched all the live shows they did at the colston hall when they toured, and he was a very good actor who played his roles brilliantly.

You never forgot him from the roles he played and when you see the work he did its amazing he did so many things so well. Well and truly gutted.

I reckon it must be something relating to that quad bike crash he had 15 odd years ago.

Doubt it. After them almost switching off life-support he made a full recovery... more likely a heart attack or something...

...that said, if Ozzy Ozbourne pops his clogs anytime soon you may be right...

Hugely sad. 

Being a Christian Anarchist myself, this is my favourite:

Rick:  I'm going to write to my MP!!

Neil:  But you haven't got an MP, Rick, you're an anarchist.

Rick:  Oh right. Then I shall write to the lead singer of Echo and the Bunnymen.

And another one:

Rick:  God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis.

I was a little young to catch the Young Ones (seen them since) but my Dad used to frequenly allow me and my brother to watch his Bottom.

To this day my brother and I still quote Eddie and Richie at each other often when insulting each other.

Does anyone remember Filthy, Rich and Catflap? That was better than the Young Ones for me, but no one seems to have even heard of it that I was speaking to at work today! It was genuis.

Archived