IGNORED

F I F A Is Not Corrupt- We Are All Racists

Aizoon

The problem is of course that he appears to be adored throughout Africa, Asia, and Central America. We need a Kerry Packer type figure to come along and shake things up to the core.

Of course he's adored there. That's where all the bribes go.

I tend to agree, but apparently UEFA have told Blatter to stand down for the good of the game.

He won't of course.

Time for Europe to leave the organisation until Blatter's gone and Fifa's reformed. I expect we'll take Australia, the US and maybe a few other countries with us.

It'll be sorry Sepp, your 2018 World Cup is going to look a bit Mickey Mouse unless you f off.

I fear that Platini withdrawing support will have minimal impact:  UEFA is arguably the federation that least needs the financial largesse of FIFA.  I may be wrong, but I think it is a one member one vote process, so courting poorer nations from CAF, CONCACAF etc by offering a new academy here and a new facility there might be all Blatter needs do.

I fear that Platini withdrawing support will have minimal impact:  UEFA is arguably the federation that least needs the financial largesse of FIFA.  I may be wrong, but I think it is a one member one vote process, so courting poorer nations from CAF, CONCACAF etc by offering a new academy here and a new facility there might be all Blatter needs do.

You miss the point. UEFA is where all that largesse comes from.

I fear that Platini withdrawing support will have minimal impact: UEFA is arguably the federation that least needs the financial largesse of FIFA. I may be wrong, but I think it is a one member one vote process, so courting poorer nations from CAF, CONCACAF etc by offering a new academy here and a new facility there might be all Blatter needs do.

But how much cash will FIFA generate if all UEFA nations withdrew? I'd bet money that if that happened (and I still think its a big IF at this stage), Australia, The US and most of Sputh America would follow and then Blatter could have all the votes from poorer nations he wants, there'll be nothing in the pot to give them. In terms of financial clout, FIFA is nothing without Europe- both in terms of the participation of the teams and the marketing environments

But how much cash will FIFA generate if all UEFA nations withdrew? I'd bet money that if that happened (and I still think its a big IF at this stage), Australia, The US and most of Sputh America would follow and then Blatter could have all the votes from poorer nations he wants, there'll be nothing in the pot to give them. In terms of financial clout, FIFA is nothing without Europe- both in terms of the participation of the teams and the marketing environments

My point was that UEFA withdrawing support for Blatter to stand again is not the same as UEFA withdrawing from FIFA and going alone with some new organization.  The former might only have symbolic effect, the latter is rather more significant.

My point was that UEFA withdrawing support for Blatter to stand again is not the same as UEFA withdrawing from FIFA and going alone with some new organization. The former might only have symbolic effect, the latter is rather more significant.

Indeed. But if UEFA and its members were to suspend all payments to FIFA that would concentrate minds wonderfully.

My point was that UEFA withdrawing support for Blatter to stand again is not the same as UEFA withdrawing from FIFA and going alone with some new organization. The former might only have symbolic effect, the latter is rather more significant.

That is a fair point, but it is essentially calling Blatter's bluff

Archived