IGNORED

Favourite World Cup Goals

Anything from 1982, the first WC I remember. Just loved the whole show

Other than that, Platt vs Belgium was fantastic, last minute of extra time as well, wasn't it? Beckham pen vs Argentina, not a great goal, but we owed those ******s. Owen vs Argentina

Best England goal ever though was Gazza against the Jocks 1996

Team Goal - Cambiasso for Argentina:

England goal I remember- Joe Cole 

Best technique: Bergkamp against Argentina:

Favourite I wasn't around to see: 

Favourite: 

(This is the first goal I can remember watching and being astounded by. It is probably one of the reasons I love football as opposed to like football.)

The Joe Cole vs Sweden brings back great memories, I started a new job on my University exec and i went to the nearest pub to watch it as we were on a "team building" week in Worcester.

My lovely pint of Westons ended up over this antique piano when that went in, but i got away with is as they could not tell who it was. They needed a new paino anyway.

But my favourite is Gary Lineker vs West Germany in the Semi Final of Italia 90. My first football memory (was only 5 at the time) but i remember it like it was yesterday. Don't remember much else of the tournament, but that goal always stuck in my mind.

Matthaus scored a corker for W Germany against Yugoslavia in 1990.

Baggio's strike against (I think) Austria was pretty special too in that same tournament.

There was also an excellent passing move in Denmark's spanking of Uruguay in 86.

Rivelino v East Germany 1974, Jairzinho v Uruguay 1970, Brazil's 3rd v Poland 1978 (post hit twice then crossbar before Roberto thumped in rebound)   Eder v Scots 1982, Socrates v Italy 1982, Josimar v Pat Jennings 1986, Nelinho v Italy 1978, Nelinho v Poland 1978, Bobby Charlton v Mexico 1966, could go on for ever !

For me, this goal has it all

http://youtu.be/eJAPTAlhtro

I compared that goal with this try when I was talking to an egg-chaser friend of mine. From the Phil Bennett trickier to get it started to Gareth Edwards appearing from nowhere, just like Carlos Alberto, it has many similarities despite being a different game.

Archived