IGNORED

Ramblings From A Far Away Land.

BigTone

You didn't take the opportunity to smuggle in a cheeky bottle, then?

Wasteful   :disapointed2se:

Remember the old Two Ronnies "news item".

And in the Saudi Arabian budget, the chancellor has put an extra 10 lashes on a bottle of whisky....

Remember the old Two Ronnies "news item".

And in the Saudi Arabian budget, the chancellor has put an extra 10 lashes on a bottle of whisky....

Brings a new meaning to the term "I've been out on the lash"

Weekend is upon us again and last weeks hangover is now a distant memory although planning has commenced for next months visa trip with Bahrain the intended destination. Stories have been circulating around the office of my gate crashing a Wedding Party in the hotel in Jordan and of me chatting up some bird whose table just happened to have a spare seat. Thing is after about 20 mins some fella turns up and requests his seat back. It turned out it was her husband which might be why he was a tad stroppy. This was my excuse to move on to the desert table.

Have spent all week going up and down high rise buildings checking things out which is a bit knackering in the heat. Tomorrows is only 63 floors which is an awful lot of bloody stairs to tackle.

Lost interest in the world cup seeing as my 2 most hated national teams are in the final.

Can't wait for the new season to start and have been getting a chubby when looking at some of the signings SC has made.

Cleaned the Villa, done my washing, been shopping, had a swim and its still only 10:30am. Time for a kip me thinks.

COYR

Tone - are they using IOM or Chanel islands to deposit your pay?

I only ask because when I worked there, it was the IOM "Manx Bank" and the fee's they charged were astronomical - wondered if things had changed recently?

And no, despite almost yearly requests, the King Faisal will not be seeing me back there again!

No, mine gets paid into UK bank but because I am not in the UK for more that 183 days per year so I can maintain a tax free status. Remember also that my main residential address is in France. The living allowance is paid to us in cash.

You really need to nip next door and befriend the Ambassador.

I can assure you the weekends will be much more pleasant......  :whistle2:  :whistle2:  :drunk2:

That is quickly getting to the top of the "Things to do" list.

Haven't you been beheaded yet?

You've been there a month.......

Tone, do you ever head down to Dammam in your work?

Give me time, give me time !!  :disapointed2se: .......................... or rather Give them time :blink:

No, but I do go to Jeddah from time to time.

Well, when you do - their are a couple of industrial areas in Dammam that make the most wonderful rugs I've ever seen. I mention it in case you were considering buying one such thing.

Let me know if you go - I'd love a new one.

I shall do that

Well the Eid holidays are over, we've been back at work for a week and nowt exciting has happened. Until this evening that is and the property next door has caught fire........it's brilliant !!

Now where did I put those marshmallows ?

Didn't sleep last night and woke up as GrumpyTone. Had to go to site so decided that 7am was best before it got too hot. Took the lift to the roof of one of the buildings only to be blocked from getting out by a huge pile of rubble. Now we have created ReallyGrumpyTone. Went down to the floor below to be met by 2 Indian Tilers having a fight. This was not handbags they were going hammer & tongs and the 4 spectators were loving every minute.  Now we have KillerTone on the loose.

Put down my book, camera etc, pulled the 2 knobs apart and announced to them that the only fighting they would be doing today would be against me either one at a time or both together. Both just stood looking at me as I explained that a stint in Hospital would mean they don't get paid and afterwards would they would be sent straight back home to that shit hole known as Mumbai. Both declined the offer as did the 4 spectators when I turned on them.

You know what...............it cheered me up and the rest of the day was ok.

And then I saw last nights result.........................................................................................

Well, when you do - their are a couple of industrial areas in Dammam that make the most wonderful rugs I've ever seen. I mention it in case you were considering buying one such thing.

Let me know if you go - I'd love a new one.

This got me thinking so I am planning a trip to Dammam on the train in a couple of weeks. Thanks for giving me the idea

BigTone?

Whilst we have not exactly seen eye-to-eye over recent years, I wish to add my name to those stating you should NOT be be-headed. 

It would be totally wrong.

Without your 'ed attached to your body, how else would all those jokes from websites get transcribed onto this forum - we would have to go to those websites ourselves. This is a time consuming and tedious.

If the worst happens, you can rely on your old mate TFR to post something nice about you on the next match day thread.

Best wishes,

TFR

If the worst happens, you can rely on your old mate TFR to post something nice about you on the next match day thread.

Best wishes,

TFR

Why do you have to go and spoil things although I do understand that you have these reactions to your medication on occasions

Without your 'ed attached to your body, how else would all those jokes from websites get transcribed onto this forum - we would have to go to those websites ourselves. This is a time consuming and tedious.

Sadly, 99% come from my idiot mates (Yes, I do have some). Says a lot about the company I keep.

Archived