IGNORED

Ramblings From A Far Away Land.

BigTone

Well here I am and the snow is getting deeper by the hour with no sign of it getting any better. All very nice if you are a Polar Bear I suppose but now it is getting right on my wobbly bits.

Please check your GPS. You appear to be in Norway.

What a difference a week makes. Last week I was in my thermals and snow boots and now it's warm enough for shorts and T shirt.  And to top it off City are 10 points clear !

Going up ....... COYR

Looking for an Admin Assistant and have just read a CV which stated one of their strengths was the "ability to write" .................. WTF !

Back in the day (in KSA) I employed (as a typist) an engineer from Bangalore who provided proudly his professional qualifications: BA (Hons) (Failed).

Love it !

Sure, and amusing? to a certain extent, but I am referring to well-educated adults forced out of (economic) necessity to work in the most mundane conditions simply to provide for their families back home in India etc.

Seriously, we were employing (back in the 1970s/early/mid 1980s) highly qualified Asians as house servants/pool attendants etc. all hard working men, but with (well-earned qualifications) that were of no value.

Are we now in a similar situation in the UK, i.e. numerous university graduates with worthless (and expensive degrees) with little hope of worthwhile employment?

Sure, and amusing? to a certain extent, but I am referring to well-educated adults forced out of (economic) necessity to work in the most mundane conditions simply to provide for their families back home in India etc.

Seriously, we were employing (back in the 1970s/early/mid 1980s) highly qualified Asians as house servants/pool attendants etc. all hard working men, but with (well-earned qualifications) that were of no value.

Are we now in a similar situation in the UK, i.e. numerous university graduates with worthless (and expensive degrees) with little hope of worthwhile employment?

I understand what you mean.  I employed a Romanian labourer once in Ireland and it turned out his previous job was as a Professor in Mathematics and one of the top Uni's there. However, the salary was such that he was earning more in Ireland.  Sad but true

Liar! We all know "there's no snow in Africa". :nono:

Aiz, Africa starts south of the Sahara, and you only find snow on the tops of gurt big mountains or in sunny Sarf Efricas highveld, so technically your right :laugh:

Back home in France now drinking beaucoup plonk and eating beaucoup stinky cheese. Passport with Saudi Embassy in London waiting for a new visa. Will be wotking on Jeddah Airport and a Hotel in Mecca.  Hope to head off circa 18th.  Can't wait !

Well here I am back in sunny Saudi, this time in Jeddah.  Much different to Riyadh as it is on the coast and is cooler, generally nicer and not as strict.  Am staying in a Villa in a private beach resort on the edge of town which is out of this world. 2 huge pools, private beach and girlies in bikinis !! (air crew stop over).  Has its own cafes and restaurants also.

About 35 deg today which is not too bad although don't feel it with the aircon.  The others lads staying here all brew their own hooch so a couple of rowdy nights had already

Well here I am back in sunny Saudi, this time in Jeddah.  Much different to Riyadh as it is on the coast and is cooler, generally nicer and not as strict.  Am staying in a Villa in a private beach resort on the edge of town which is out of this world. 2 huge pools, private beach and girlies in bikinis !! (air crew stop over).  Has its own cafes and restaurants also.

About 35 deg today which is not too bad although don't feel it with the aircon.  The others lads staying here all brew their own hooch so a couple of rowdy nights had already

Yep.......people in Jeddah and the western province in general are a lot more friendly than those in the eastern province

Yep.......people in Jeddah and the western province in general are a lot more friendly than those in the eastern province

Indeed, already been invited out on a deep sea fishing trip with our client next weekend

In Grenada at the moment. On the lovely Grand Anse beach yesterday and who rocks up for a game of football? BBC pundit and ex-City but mostly ex-sag Jason Roberts.

Needless to say I couldn't bring myself to speak to him. Last time I saw him play the bugger scored against us for Reading at the Majeski!

Anyway, time for another rum punch - sorry for hijacking yer thread Tone!

In Grenada at the moment. On the lovely Grand Anse beach yesterday and who rocks up for a game of football? BBC pundit and ex-City but mostly ex-sag Jason Roberts.

Needless to say I couldn't bring myself to speak to him. Last time I saw him play the bugger scored against us for Reading at the Majeski!

Anyway, time for another rum punch - sorry for hijacking yer thread Tone!

Not a problem.

What I would give right now for a Rum Punch !

Archived