IGNORED

Ramblings From A Far Away Land.

BigTone

FFS.

:igiveup:

Dammam:-

Ettifaq FC - nickname 'The Commandos'  (I am sure there is a good reason for this, as the nearest Calvin Klien outlet is in Kuwait)

Formed 1944

They play at the Prince Mohamed Bin Fahd stadium, which holds 26,000 - 1,000 less than the redeveloped AG!

They play in the Saudi 1st Division, having been relegated from the Saudi Professional League last season in 13th place.

They are managed by Loan Andone

:dunno:

Three stoppers on their books:-

No1 Adbu Lmagid Al-Thunayan

No 22 Abdullah Al-Bahri

And the boy Adbullah Al-Saleh, No30.

Here are some other interesting facts about this outfit:-

Hope this helps,

TFR

Been a bit of a crappy week this week and Bahrain is now a distant memory. Am now 3 months into my contract and have been offered a 4 year extension (with pay rise) so a lot to think about. I like it here but 4 years is a long time and am missing home and family a bit.

Then to top it off, one of our site workers fell from the top floor of one of the buildings (30 floors) ................. RIP fella

Been a bit of a crappy week this week and Bahrain is now a distant memory. Am now 3 months into my contract and have been offered a 4 year extension (with pay rise) so a lot to think about. I like it here but 4 years is a long time and am missing home and family a bit.

Then to top it off, one of our site workers fell from the top floor of one of the buildings (30 floors) ................. RIP fella

Tough week. At least you must realise you either must be very good at your job, or they can't get anyone else to do it. Weigh everything up, but sometimes money isn't everything, 4 years is a big commitment. Good luck with your decision.

Haven't had a ramble for a while but finished early today and nowt else to do. Went to the new mall just up the road from my place and there are new shops opening everywhere. Noticed one today that sold womens cosmetics & make up etc. Had to laugh because the bird working in the shop was wearing a full face Burka which didn't seem a good advertisement for their products.

Starting to get chilly here at night getting down to about 16 deg. Daytime is in high 20's to low 30's.

Back in UK in a couple of weeks so will be catching up on a game or 2 if possible. If you see someone in BS3 wearing a white sheet and a red & white checked tea towel on his head it is likely to be me. To make it easier for you all to recognise me and buy me a pint I will try and get my name stencilled on the back of the sheet.

See you all soon.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Not had a ramble for a while and am writing this from my office as Christmas is not celebrated here.

Have now transferred from Saudi to Qatar where I am starting to work on 2 Palaces for the Emir of Qatar and a couple of Football stadiums. Am splitting my time between here, Cairo, Morocco and Oman so seem to spend my life trying to work out where the hell I am.

Great to see City doing so well although a bit cranky that I cannot get to a game. Hopefully in the New Year I can rectify that.

Anyway, seasons greetings to you all and hope you all have a good new year.

Give me time, give me time !!  :disapointed2se: .......................... or rather Give them time :blink:

No, but I do go to Jeddah from time to time.

Salaam Alekum, Tone, howzit? Infidels still banned from Mecca & Medina Tone?

You took a jol to Oman yet. recommend the Shangri La Hotel nr Muscat as a place of relaxing peace and beer. Not in Ramadan tho. Flookin place is dry totally throughout...less you are an expat working there. We Haff vays of drinking in se secret ....do not tell anyone ja?

Salaam Alekum, Tone, howzit? Infidels still banned from Mecca & Medina Tone?

You took a jol to Oman yet. recommend the Shangri La Hotel nr Muscat as a place of relaxing peace and beer. Not in Ramadan tho. Flookin place is dry totally throughout...less you are an expat working there. We Haff vays of drinking in se secret ....do not tell anyone ja?

Off there in about 2 weeks so I may check out that Hotel.  If theres a pint available I will sniff it out no problem.

Hope you all have a good night tonight and a great new year.

My breakfast of Coke, Mars Bar and 2 Panadols are already in place for tomorrow morning.  Not sure I am looking forward to the flight to Morocco though !!

Hmmm, a heady choice Big Tone, even for NYE. I thought opium was more the thing out East! Enjoy!

Off there in about 2 weeks so I may check out that Hotel.  If theres a pint available I will sniff it out no problem.

Only time you canna get a pint in a tourist hotel in Oman is Ramadan. sultans orders no alcohol sold then anywhere. Even us expats have to get it in early or like I did in our mess get it on everyother from a bottle store for which we'd paid in advance prior to said Ramadan. Only for consumption inside your accomodation, and nae bottles/cans in the trash till after.

Enjoy and Happy New Year. Watch out for Russkies there n all, no class, no manners, no clue

Archived