IGNORED

David Cotterill

ciderbeans

Few twitter rumours surfacing about DC rejecting a contract at donny and being in talks with a return to us.

What are people's thoughts if he is an option?

Personally, he has unfinished business with us. Left too soon but we did get good money for him. He has vast experience now at championship and league one level with a small period in the Premier league.

He would be a good addition but I would say he is on a par with wagstaff for ability and goal scoring. If he is on a free, I think I would sign him up.

He never fulfilled the potential shown as a young player (as numerous other young City players). That said, he's defiantly good enough for league one. If the financial aspects are good I'd welcome the signing.

Few twitter rumours surfacing about DC rejecting a contract at donny and being in talks with a return to us.

What are people's thoughts if he is an option?

Personally, he has unfinished business with us. Left too soon but we did get good money for him. He has vast experience now at championship and league one level with a small period in the Premier league.

He would be a good addition but I would say he is on a par with wagstaff for ability and goal scoring. If he is on a free, I think I would sign him up.

Far superior to wagstaff.

You think? Waggy got close to double figures this season and is see cotterill as a player that would achieve a similar amount. He probably is a bit quicker but waggy's teamwork and work rate is probably great. Both good assets to have tbh

Wagstaff is a good player just needs more confidence he could of easily eclipsed Baldock last season but just bottled it.

Wagstaff is a good player just needs more confidence he could of easily eclipsed Baldock last season but just bottled it.

I think it's harsh to say he bottled it. For a large part of the season none of them were really playing with much confidence. Also wasnt Wagstaff injured a couple of times, he hurt (dislocated?) his shoulder and was out for weeks. Other times he seemed to be playing when not fully fit too.

He only just 24 so just coming into his prime, think he will have a good season this time. Also it was his first real time away from the club he was at since he was 8, quite an adjustment I would think.

Injured and settling yes, bottler no.

If this has some substance then, yes; I'd be very pleased for him to return.

Played the majority of his football since he left us at a higher level than League One, and was very good the last time he was in this division.

Plus, never left under a cloud (think his move suited all parties at the time), and despite the whole "never go back" thing, is always good to see youth products turning out for City, even if they've been around the house a bit first!

And don't see him as a replacement for Wagstaff, just another option.  Our squad isn't that big right now that we need a 'one-in, one-out' policy.

I think it's harsh to say he bottled it. For a large part of the season none of them were really playing with much confidence. Also wasnt Wagstaff injured a couple of times, he hurt (dislocated?) his shoulder and was out for weeks. Other times he seemed to be playing when not fully fit too.

He only just 24 so just coming into his prime, think he will have a good season this time. Also it was his first real time away from the club he was at since he was 8, quite an adjustment I would think.

Injured and settling yes, bottler no.

At least we agree on the rest, but freezing like a rabbit in the headlights when a keeper rushes out of his box or finding the ball at your feet and doing nothing to me is bottling it.

Hopefully this season him and Baldock will be on form and we will see teams destroyed.

Archived