IGNORED

David Cotterill

ciderbeans

8 Players Birmingham have now signed, they clearly mean business especially with Cotterill & Donaldson.

Hope we get some news soon, I would welcome back Bas Savage at this rate, just to know our manager is doing something !

he's only been back at work 1 day and the transfer window doesn;t open till next week, and frankly most players league one clubs have signed I've been pretty much meh too, none would be a improvement on what we already have imo

he's only been back at work 1 day and the transfer window doesn;t open till next week, and frankly most players league one clubs have signed I've been pretty much meh too, none would be a improvement on what we already have imo

Clayton Donaldson, David Cotterill, Marc Duffy, Stephen Gleeson and David Edgar would walk into our squad in a flash, I know Birmingham City are still a Championship side, but they were nearly relegated and I would imagine any of those players could have gone to a promotion chasing League One team. 

Clayton Donaldson, David Cotterill, Marc Duffy, Stephen Gleeson and David Edgar would walk into our squad in a flash, I know Birmingham City are still a Championship side, but they were nearly relegated and I would imagine any of those players could have gone to a promotion chasing League One team. 

and thats the point they are a championship squad and we can't compete unless we offer double the wages which is not going to happen, we are in massive debt and really need to live with in our means we simply can't afford these type of players at the moment,

the longer we are down here the worst it will get,

Brum are bigger than us, in a higher division and were in Europe not so long ago. Think about it!

Right now we're not chasing anything; we're in the same situation as every other club in the league.

Folks seem to have forgotten we were fighting relegation pretty much all season, and got out of that thanks to a heavy influx of loan bods.

I'd caution everyone against starting down the road of thinking we're major players in this league again; has done us zero favours in the past.

Few twitter rumours surfacing about DC rejecting a contract at donny and being in talks with a return to us.

What are people's thoughts if he is an option?

Personally, he has unfinished business with us. Left too soon but we did get good money for him. He has vast experience now at championship and league one level with a small period in the Premier league.

He would be a good addition but I would say he is on a par with wagstaff for ability and goal scoring. If he is on a free, I think I would sign him up.

Would be a great signing.

Right now we're not chasing anything; we're in the same situation as every other club in the league.

Folks seem to have forgotten we were fighting relegation pretty much all season, and got out of that thanks to a heavy influx of loan bods.

I'd caution everyone against starting down the road of thinking we're major players in this league again; has done us zero favours in the past.

We're in the third tier of the English league, if we can't consider ourselves major players in this league, then we might as well give up FFS. We'll still have one of the biggest budgets, one of the best grounds (even under construction) and one of the biggest support. It's like saying Liverpool aren't a big player in the Prem.

and thats the point they are a championship squad and we can't compete unless we offer double the wages which is not going to happen, we are in massive debt and really need to live with in our means we simply can't afford these type of players at the moment,

the longer we are down here the worst it will get,

I thought SL recently wrote off pretty much of our debt? The problem is we are spending more than we generate.

I thought SL recently wrote off pretty much of our debt? The problem is we are spending more than we generate.

we are still in massive debt, granted it's owed to one man which we are thankful for,

My point is we can't compete with teams like Birmingham when it comes to signed players as unless we want to continue with massive losses we can't offer the sort of wages these "bigger" clubs can,

This may well change once all our new conference facilities and boxs has been built, we will generate more money as a club and should then be competing with the bigger clubs, but not yet

we are still in massive debt, granted it's owed to one man which we are thankful for,

My point is we can't compete with teams like Birmingham when it comes to signed players as unless we want to continue with massive losses we can't offer the sort of wages these "bigger" clubs can,

This may well change once all our new conference facilities and boxs has been built, we will generate more money as a club and should then be competing with the bigger clubs, but not yet

That's a TWO year deal for a 26 year old btw monkeh...

Archived