IGNORED

Shaun Custis

AshtonGreat

Ah ok so the 300k per week is the reason you have a vendetta....that's interesting explains why your so bitter.

As for not getting into first xi's......your right, Fred is a class above isn't he.

Who said anything about a vendetta? But yes, the 300k a week does rankle, and most honest working England fans would say exactly the same thing.

It just so happens that this is the weakest Brazil team in WC history, so Fred isn't great. Still would play him ahead of Rooney though. He certainly couldn't do any worse.

Who said anything about a vendetta? But yes, the 300k a week does rankle, and most honest working England fans would say exactly the same thing.

It just so happens that this is the weakest Brazil team in WC history, so Fred isn't great. Still would play him ahead of Rooney though. He certainly couldn't do any worse.

Why does his wage rankle with you? Fair play to anyone who can get themselves 300k a week I say!

You'd pick Fred over Rooney? You really are embarrassing yourself now.

You do have a vendetta, just admitted as much....up to you to get over it I guess.

Of course it means something, Rooney can't carry a whole team, who else has delivered in last 3 world cups?

It's not about carrying a whole team, it's about getting the basics right, which he usually fails to do on the world stage. 

I admit that we don't have anyone better at the moment, but to say we should build the team around him and that he is world class is, frankly, laughable.

It's not about carrying a whole team, it's about getting the basics right, which he usually fails to do on the world stage.

I admit that we don't have anyone better at the moment, but to say we should build the team around him and that he is world class is, frankly, laughable.

I think your starting to confuse yourself now.

You'd pick Fred over Rooney? You really are embarrassing yourself now.

You do have a vendetta, just admitted as much....up to you to get over it I guess.

Hmm no I didn't. And yes I would. Because, as I pointed out, Rooney has done virtually nothing in three World Cups, and I would like to see some change in personnel (not that Fred is English of course)

Wayne Rooney is nearly 29, and probably won't be anywhere near the next World Cup. He should be ditched in favour of Barkley or Sterling in the 10 position.

Same goes for Baines for me. I know he's fairly new to the England set up, but at 29 already, should make way for Shaw or Gibbs. Jagielka's another one.

IMO of course.

And apart from 2 seasons, he has struggled to muster 13 league goals a season. .

It's important to look at the ratio of goals to games. Man Utd operate a squad rotation system which means he's never played the total number of league games possible. He's also had a few injuries which has reduced his playing time. Then add in being often played out of position. His league record for Man Utd is 158 goals in 307 games which seems pretty good to me. England record - 40 goals in 95 games.

Show me where Wayne Rooney has gone around town in a Bentley saying how brilliant he is and I will agree that would be annoying -

However I bet you can't find this as I bet it's never happened.

No I can't, because that's not what I said. I said billboard ads say he's brilliant, and yes he does drive an expensive car.

It's important to look at the ratio of goals to games. Man Utd operate a squad rotation system which means he's never played the total number of league games possible. He's also had a few injuries which has reduced his playing time. Then add in being often played out of position. His league record for Man Utd is 158 goals in 307 games which seems pretty good to me. England record - 40 goals in 95 games.

Rooney is a good player for United with a decent goals to games record. He's also scored quite a few for England - not on the biggest stage though.

No I can't, because that's not what I said. I said billboard ads say he's brilliant, and yes he does drive an expensive car.

Apologies I misread your previous post.

I would have a fleet of expensive cars if I could afford to buy a new one every week!!

I have to join the unfair to Rooney camp, How can he be the only guy getting hammered? Jagielka, Johnson and so many others were below par. Englands last few managers have been appalling and the premier league is now full of Carlos Kickaballs. I really hate to give him credit but alan sugar was correct. The premier league is going the way of the scottish top flight, and it is the National team that are suffering. :facepalm:

I have to join the unfair to Rooney camp, How can he be the only guy getting hammered? Jagielka, Johnson and so many others were below par. Englands last few managers have been appalling and the premier league is now full of Carlos Kickaballs. I really hate to give him credit but alan sugar was correct. The premier league is going the way of the scottish top flight, and it is the National team that are suffering. :facepalm:

Oh I'm not saying he was the only poor player - far from it. But he's the only England player of the past ten years who consistently, no matter how badly he performs, still manages to have so-called football experts labelling him as world-class and how we have to build the team around him. The only player who still makes all the headlines, and who still gets put in adverts with true greats like Messi and Ronaldo. 

No worries.

So how did you feel about the City players driving round in flash cars when we got relegated?

It's not something that's ever worried me, I accept that all footballers are well paid and that means they can afford nice cars!

I have more issues with people driving around in flash cars that can't afford it!!

Oh right so the media are on side again now then? I'm sorry but regardless of what you think of Rooney, the witch hunt against him, as there simply has to be against an England player every single tournament is ridiculous. Seriously who actually buys and reads the sun and actually gives a shit what Shaun Custis says anyway? The bloke is an odious little toad.

Chris Waddle summed it up pretty well, the media don't help things. Why can't we just get behind players rather than slate them? The premier league doesn't help either. No other country slates their own and over hypes their own as much we do and until we change our mindset towards our game not a lot will change. It's just a shame so many have to jump on the media bandwagon and let papers like the sun help form their opinion rather than have their own.

I find it interesting how so many can call for Barkley because Rooney is over hyped and over rated yet so is Barkley? I rate Barkley very highly but he didn't make an impact in any of the games at the WC and scored what 7 goals? I just hope the idiots don't turn on the likes of Barkley before long as well.

Rooney has been disappointing at the last two World Cups and I find it strange he is STILL the fall guy for 2010 and 2014. All his fault is it? So boring. He didn't tear it up this time round but he contributed a goal and assist and he actually played well against Uruguay. So many other deeper issues at hand with the England side but yes let's blame it all on Rooney....

The tabloids just spout drivel to fill space (One Daily Mirror 'expert' has tipped Fleetwood to win Div2), and thankfully Hodgson just seems to ignore them. The Sun has to hype up the PL, as that is the main selling point for Sky, so it hypes up players like Rooney. We can all be experts, all make our proposals, but whilst we have such an awful defence, it's all just trud polishing.

He still will end up as Man U and England's top scorer though so I think your being slightly unfair as that is some achievement whether you like him or not.

Probably, but everyone also thought Owen would end up England's top scorer.

Either way if he does or doesn't he is a lucky boy.  I would be interested to see what his career stats would have looked like, compared to say.... Shearer's if he had followed Shearer's route in football.

The bloke has been massively over hyped since a teenager and I don't think he has ever really progressed from about 23-24.

Lucky lucky boy who has had a media love in for him since the start, which imo massively cloud peoples judgement of him.

How a bloke with his first touch gets all the plaudits he does, quite frankly, astounds me.

• Admin

Oh I'm not saying he was the only poor player - far from it. But he's the only England player of the past ten years who consistently, no matter how badly he performs, still manages to have so-called football experts labelling him as world-class and how we have to build the team around him. The only player who still makes all the headlines, and who still gets put in adverts with true greats like Messi and Ronaldo.

Why are you angry at Rooney? Surely your anger should be directed at those labelling World class? I've never heard Wayne describe himself thus. Say what you like about him but I don't believe you can claim he hasn't tried his best with any credibility. It's not his fault he hasn't been good enough to progress the side on his own. No other England player was involved in more goals than him at this WC

Why are you angry at Rooney? Surely your anger should be directed at those labelling World class? I've never heard Wayne describe himself thus. Say what you like about him but I don't believe you can claim he hasn't tried his best with any credibility. It's not his fault he hasn't been good enough to progress the side on his own. No other England player was involved in more goals than him at this WC

Bang on. Plus he has always wanted to play for his country. Not Rooney's fault he is so hyped up or we didn't go through.

I'm not angry at Rooney - it's the media that narks me off. Although to be fair, it's Rooney's party who must engineer the whole 'pay me silly money or I'm leaving' theatrics at United. I would very much argue that he didn't try very hard in the 2010 World Cup. He looked slow and disinterested. And no other player was involved in more goals? Give over - we only scored two and one of those was a tap-in!

Not only that they signed herrera for 29 million who hasnt played champions league as well,fergie played a blinder letting pogba go for nothing,if they would of paid what he and his agent wanted he would still be there and saved man u a whole lot of cash

Herrera is a quality player and is a shoe in for Xavis spot in the national side when he retires.

Archived