IGNORED

Blackthorn Ends Its Sponsorship....

BS4 on Tour...

Thank god they have gone - with a bit of luck there has been a change of supplier over the summer and we can finally get some decent cider on sale at the club

Always remember a game last season when they were sponsors, a third of the legends bar was reserved for "their staff and guests", they rolled in, about 15:50 had a look around and left - clearly made an impression on them that day!

Time to be individual and not have the same as anyone else

I'm not too bothered about a sponser it would be nice to go a season without one, but then that decreases our turnover which effects our overall ability to spend,

I guess this isn't just a ploy and Blackthorn are completely pulling away from sponsorship? I say this as I just read the article and it says they are releasing a new brand,Black 'N Black, could it be that we are having that instead? The parent company is the Shepton Mallet Cider Mill, Blackthorn is just one of their brand products from what I can see. I wouldnt be surprised if we get Black 'N Black instead.

As far as Thatchers goes, aren't they Bath Rugby's sponsors? Doubt if they will be ours in that case, we will be sharing with what could (should) be their rivals and doesn't Yeovil have a Thatchers stand? Love to have Thatchers tho, but my money is on this Black n Black fruit cider they are launching

I guess this isn't just a ploy and Blackthorn are completely pulling away from sponsorship? I say this as I just read the article and it says they are releasing a new brand,Black 'N Black, could it be that we are having that instead? The parent company is the Shepton Mallet Cider Mill, Blackthorn is just one of their brand products from what I can see. I wouldnt be surprised if we get Black 'N Black instead.

As far as Thatchers goes, aren't they Bath Rugby's sponsors? Doubt if they will be ours in that case, we will be sharing with what could (should) be their rivals and doesn't Yeovil have a Thatchers stand? Love to have Thatchers tho, but my money is on this Black n Black fruit cider they are launching

Excuse me while I vomit :(

Blackthorn has ended the deal with rangers too. Looks like it could be on the way to an end. Must have gambled last season and put all their eggs in one basket. Think this is why we haven't had the new shirts out yet? Because they have been looking for a new sponsor

Suppose that's our blackthorn cup dreams gone!...

Excuse me while I vomit :(

Didn't say I wanted it but as another poster has said it's all about the fruit with ice type cider now, that's where the new market is. And companies want to attract new people. Not sure if football/rugby fans are the fruit drinking ice and slice drinkers though, then again I've seen some strange sponsors on other teams kits too.

One can dream thatchers as sponsor with trad or Cheddar valley at the gate. Yes please

Ummmmm....Cheddar Valley....a soft friendly cider that lures you into your fourth pint with no hint of the encroaching loss of legs

and the control of your bowels.....Scourge of underpants across the west.... :blink:

I wonder if we've either got a potential naming for the stadium, or that someone like Thatchers has signed a deal to be exclusive 'cider' partner (like they have a Somerset) and hence the mutal agreement with Blackthorn?

Archived