IGNORED

People Moaning About Wilbraham

And Its Smith

Don't moan about people moaning. I think you will find that the majority on this forum know their football inside out....

1. Nobody wanted McInnes......oh hang on a minute

2. Nobody wanted SOD.....oh hang on a minute

3. Everyone welcomed Cotterill with open arms...oh hang on a minute

4. Bolasie? Why we selling him, he's amazing.....oh hang on a minute

5. Signing a keeper from Woking? Oh good, I am happy....oh hang on a minute

6. I'm glad we released Scott Brown, he won't go on to do anything.....oh hang on a minute

7. So gutted Skuse is going, he will definitely play every week for a top half Championship side....oh hang on a minute

So as you can see, the majority of people on this forum know everything and never get anything wrong....

As I said in other threads this is a good signing but some people can't just see past a strikers goal record wilbrahams game is about bringing others into play an helping create chances and goals and as we have great finishers he gives something to the team

You need to give Wilbs a chance

Him and Baldock are a great match and should be the best strike force in the league.

As a palace fan im sorry to see him go, he didnt make a start last season in the league but had a few great sub appearances, his technique is great and with all due respect if he was a regular scorer he would be playing week in week out in the premier league.

You need to give Wilbs a chance

Him and Baldock are a great match and should be the best strike force in the league.

As a palace fan im sorry to see him go, he didnt make a start last season in the league but had a few great sub appearances, his technique is great and with all due respect if he was a regular scorer he would be playing week in week out in the premier league.

This is who we should be listening to, fans who actually know. MK Dons fans speak very highly of him too.

Cant see him getting infront of JET and Baldock but will be great to use as a sub, or when playing overly physical teams like Bradford or Chesterfield.

Anyway nice to see a Palace fan come on here and give us good info, most of their fans hate us.

It's just the normal reaction,

It was built up on here to be a big signing and people are just feeling down because it wasn't,

He's the type if player we need when chasing a game as he holds the ball up and brings others into play,

But I would of liked younger version but still gotta give him a chance

For the record I don't think he'll start many games

I have said before we need to concentrate the majority of our recruitment in the younger market, but I don't have any issue with balancing that with a couple of old heads who have the "good professional" reputation that can rub off on the youngsters. Of course there have been bad examples "Dinning", "Morris" but a Paul Hartley type in Elliot and an experienced leader of the line are acceptable additions on as long as they are on 1 year contracts.

I think we are now sorted for Midfield and attack, now let's address the defence.

Indeed, Wilbraham was certainly the 'target man' type we needed to complement our existing forwards. Sensible signing on a 1 year deal for me.

We still need another keeper (Moore would be great) and CRUCIALLY another experienced central defender, would be more than happy with Nosworthy back on a 1 year deal too.

4. Bolasie? Why we selling him, he's amazing.....oh hang on a minute (Regular for Palarse in the Prem, Why did we sell him?)
6. I'm glad we released Scott Brown, he won't go on to do anything.....oh hang on a minute (What did Scott Brown do after leaving us?)
7. So gutted Skuse is going, he will definitely play every week for a top half Championship side....oh hang on a minute (plays weekin and out for Ipswich who are... top half of the Championship) 

I think we are now sorted for Midfield and attack, now let's address the defence.

Hmmmmmm.... I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in another Striker tbh.

I see Wilbs being an alternative or impact Sub, a bit like Barnet and Harewood were last season.

We've got some goals in a few of the new signings... But we can't rely on Baldock and JET or Burns, especially if any get injured.

Another Striker like Patterson maybe?

1. Nobody wanted McInnes......oh hang on a minute2. Nobody wanted SOD.....oh hang on a minute3. Everyone welcomed Cotterill with open arms...oh hang on a minute4. Bolasie? Why we selling him, he's amazing.....oh hang on a minute (Regular for Palarse in the Prem, Why did we sell him?)5. Signing a keeper from Woking? Oh good, I am happy....oh hang on a minute6. I'm glad we released Scott Brown, he won't go on to do anything.....oh hang on a minute (What did Scott Brown do after leaving us?)7. So gutted Skuse is going, he will definitely play every week for a top half Championship side....oh hang on a minute (plays weekin and out for Ipswich who are... top half of the Championship) 

I don't think you understand the post. All of the above points are the opposite of what fans were saying at the time and 'the collective' were wrong on every account.

Hope you understand now.

• Admin

I think the primary reaction was from those who were on that thread yesterday awaiting the signing, people had built themselves up into a frenzy expecting a "big name" player?

Let's be honest it doesn't matter whether he was the worlds best or the worlds worst BEFORE and AFTER he plays for us, it only matters what he does whilst pulling on a City shirt !!

I'm always amazed when people criticise any player without giving them a run of games in the side, are all the negative posters secret fans of Palace etc that they have seen him play so many times?

Clearly missed a decent "target man" over the past few seasons, so definately "anothe club in the bag" as Gary J used to say

I think the primary reaction was from those who were on that thread yesterday awaiting the signing, people had built themselves up into a frenzy expecting a "big name" player?

Let's be honest it doesn't matter whether he was the worlds best or the worlds worst BEFORE and AFTER he plays for us, it only matters what he does whilst pulling on a City shirt !!

I'm always amazed when people criticise any player without giving them a run of games in the side, are all the negative posters secret fans of Palace etc that they have seen him play so many times?

Clearly missed a decent "target man" over the past few seasons, so definately "anothe club in the bag" as Gary J used to say

Blame Harry!

My hope for Wilbraham is that he will do for Baldock what Turner did for Taylor.

I think he will start. JET will move on eventually.

That would be awesome

On another note...let's just welcome the fella on board, sounds like a decent signing, certainly better than say Harewood, whom many greeted with open arms

I really hope we go for it this season.  The thought of possibly being 3 divisions above the Sags this time next year fills me with utter joy

That would be awesome

On another note...let's just welcome the fella on board, sounds like a decent signing, certainly better than say Harewood, whom many greeted with open arms

I really hope we go for it this season.  The thought of possibly being 3 divisions above the Sags this time next year fills me with utter joy

4 divisions would be even better :)

I seem to remember Robbie Turner wasn't prolific yet had a devastating partnership with Bob Taylor.

I seem to remember also he got the obligatory slating from the people who (then) stood around me for being a carthorse and having no ball playing ability, but those attitudes soon changed once he got going with super Bob.

It's all about the service. Gavin and Dave Smith provided the crosses, and between them, Taylor and Turner fired us on to promotion. (Along with useful contributions from midfield).

He's been signed as a target man which is something we don't currently have, and will provided competition and something different for those sides we will come up against who offer a more 'physical' approach.

Form an opinion once we've seen what he's got to offer, give the bloke a chance, he's signed to play for us...

4. Bolasie? Why we selling him, he's amazing.....oh hang on a minute (Regular for Palarse in the Prem, Why did we sell him?)

6. I'm glad we released Scott Brown, he won't go on to do anything.....oh hang on a minute (What did Scott Brown do after leaving us?)

7. So gutted Skuse is going, he will definitely play every week for a top half Championship side....oh hang on a minute (plays weekin and out for Ipswich who are... top half of the Championship) 

Wooooooooosh.......

Archived