IGNORED

Where Will Jet Fit In ?

westonred

With all these new players coming in do you think this may be the end of JET I cant see where to play him.

Now we have two great crossers of the ball in Little and Freeman it makes sense to have a Target man like Wilbraham alongside Baldock so where exactly will JET fit in ?

442                     Moore

Little Osbourne Williams Cunningham

Wagstaff  Elliott Smith Freeman

Wilbraham Baldock

352/532         Moore

New CB  Osbourne Williams

Little                                         Cunningham

Elliott  Smith  Freeman

Wilbraham Baldock  

Moore

Little  New CB  Osbourne  Williams

Smith

Wagstaff  Elliott Pack Freeman

Baldock  

With all these new players coming in do you think this may be the end of JET I cant see where to play him.

Now we have two great crossers of the ball in Little and Freeman it makes sense to have a Target man like Wilbraham alongside Baldock so where exactly will JET fit in ?

Wilbraham Baldock

352/532         Moore

Elliott  Smith  Freeman

Wilbraham Baldock  

Moore

Smith

Baldock  

I don't think wilbraham will be a starter, I think he's the player for a wet tuesday night away at fleetwood where we may have to lump it,

I think he'll play in the hole behind baldock, I also don't think he'll score as many goals I reacon about 10 but will pick up 18 assists

Wilbraham Baldock

352/532         Moore

Elliott  Smith  Freeman

Wilbraham Baldock  

Moore

Smith

Baldock  

It's going to be a long old season and everyone will have roles to play at some point.

I was discussing the starting line up for Sheffield Utd with my son this morning, and we're not entirely convinced JET or Freeman will start that game. That's the beauty of having good players in your squad, plenty of options. When the team picks itself, that's when you're in trouble.

• Admin

Maybe have a floating role behind the front two?

..........................GK

........RCB...........CB........... LCB

.........................CM

RWB..........................................LWB

.......................CM

......................JET

..........CF............... CF

Wilbraham will not play in all the games and JET will still be in the team for most of the time. I think he became very tired towards the end of last season because he played so much and is not the fittest boy in the team - he is, however, the most talented of all our players (maybe Freeman - too soon to tell) and he creates so many goals for other team members. If we are playing in an attacking style - it must make sense to have your best potential goal scorers on the pitch. Hopefully we will see a great deal of JET this season and I hope he extends his contract.

Maybe have a floating role behind the front two?

..................GK

RCB...........CB........... LCB

..................CM

RM..............................LM

.................CM

.................JET

.......CF............... CF

Front one or two yea,

We seemed to play jet in the hole a lot once SC came him, his goals dried up but he still go assists,

Where ever he plays he's going to be frustrating thats for sure, but you have to take that with flair players

There are plenty of ways in which JET can fit into a team with the players we have.

If we continue to play 352 with wing backs, he could very well play in that central midfield role, generating chances for the front two, especially now have a bit more energy in there in the shape of Smith, and experience with Elliott.

People are quick to question JET, and sometimes his work rate means that is perhaps that can be justified, but he still scored 21 goals in 51 games for us last season, and set up a hell of a lot more, so he's an asset, and one that is very hard to replace, certainly at this level.

(3-4-3)

Fielding/New Keeper

Williams

Flint/New CB

Osborne

Cunningham

Smith

W.Elliot

Little

Freeman

JET

Baldock

personally think this will be a very strong team, one that can push forward and attack. With Cunningham and Little as wing backs with smith and elliott dictating the play for freeman and baldock, it looks decent on paper, whether its the same on the pitch is another story..

It wouldn't surprise me to see JET sold this summer. The players we've bought would suggest it's a possibility and would be a much lesser blow than losing Baldock.

I doubt he would of been sold, there been little intrest reported anywhere,

I f was to go I think it would be like with kelly it would be after a replacement has already come through the doors

People are quick to question JET, and sometimes his work rate means that is perhaps that can be justified, but he still scored 21 goals in 51 games for us last season, and set up a hell of a lot more, so he's an asset, and one that is very hard to replace, certainly at this level.

I cant find them but I'm pretty sure if you add up goals and assists by JET then he will be in the region of contributing nearly a goal per game (I'd guess between 0.8 and 0.9 if someone does the maths)

Or maybe something like this?

Fielding/New GK

Little Osborne Williams Cunningham

Elliott Smith

Baldock JET Freeman

Wilbraham

With Little bombing down the right Baldock could push up alongside Wilbraham with JET in the hole and Freeman cutting in off the left.

JET will be starting, no need to question where he will fit in. Personally hope we go with something like this

Fielding

Smith

Elliott Reid Freeman

JET

Baldock

or

Fielding

Elliott Smith Feeman

JET

Wilbraham Baldock

As mentioned above; can't see anyone above this level paying a fee for him, and we'd be barmy to sell him to any competitors.

Can see him playing a big role again this year, probably helped by not being the 'Big Ticket' signing this campaign.

I cant find them but I'm pretty sure if you add up goals and assists by JET then he will be in the region of contributing nearly a goal per game (I'd guess between 0.8 and 0.9 if someone does the maths)

12 league goals and 9 assists. Below 0.5 then according to http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalScorers/0,,10794~201325,00.html

As mentioned above; can't see anyone above this level paying a fee for him, and we'd be barmy to sell him to any competitors.

Can see him playing a big role again this year, probably helped by not being the 'Big Ticket' signing this campaign.

I disagree with you there. I think JET thrives off being the centre of attention as he swaggers about. He knows he's good, but tell him he's just a team player then you lose his spark

I disagree with you there. I think JET thrives off being the centre of attention as he swaggers about. He knows he's good, but tell him he's just a team player then you lose his spark

Maybe, but also think the likes of Freeman taking defenders attention off him on the pitch will certainly help him get the sort of space he can use effectively.

Too many wannabe managers on here if you ask me.

Maybe Cotterill has a plan, not just plan A but a plan B as well and it wouldn't surprise me if he even had a plan C.

Point being - we have no idea about what's been going on behind the scenes. Maybe other clubs are interested in both JET and Baldock given their goals and assists last season. It would a surprise if their performances haven't been noted by other clubs.

Not much happens until the agents get back from their hols and therefore City could well be recieving an offer for one or both of them.its possible that both will leaving AG before the window shuts.

Too many wannabe managers on here if you ask me.

Maybe Cotterill has a plan, not just plan A but a plan B as well and it wouldn't surprise me if he even had a plan C.

Point being - we have no idea about what's been going on behind the scenes. Maybe other clubs are interested in both JET and Baldock given their goals and assists last season. It would a surprise if their performances haven't been noted by other clubs.

Not much happens until the agents get back from their hols and therefore City could well be recieving an offer for one or both of them.its possible that both will leaving AG before the window shuts.

I don't think Sam will be off anytime soon. AW and Sam are very close friends and apparently SB told him that we're pushing for promotion so join us. That tells me in itself that Baldock wants to be a part of this promotion push

JET on the other hand though? Who knows! Wouldn't surprise me if he did leave.

....................Fielding/New Keeper

Little.......Osborne.........Williams............Cunningham

.................Pack..............Smith

...........................Elliott

..........Baldock......JET......Freeman

Archived