IGNORED

El Abd?

spudski

Let's hope our fans actually afford him a clean slate and give him a chance to show why he was brought here. Still think that he has a useful part to play, despite his poor start.

I'm sure El Bad has n't become rubbish just because he signed for us.

He was greatly appreciated by the Brighton fans and had a very successful career there.

He may not be everybody's cup of tea ,Cotterill included alledgedly,but it's his abrasive style and personality that made him the player he is and what we needed to toughen up the "after you Claude defence" we had before .

I'm in the give him a second chance camp and hope he settles in to be a big favourite down here.

I'm sure El Bad has n't become rubbish just because he signed for us.

He was greatly appreciated by the Brighton fans and had a very successful career there.

He may not be everybody's cup of tea ,Cotterill included alledgedly,but it's his abrasive style and personality that made him the player he is and what we needed to toughen up the "after you Claude defence" we had before .

I'm in the give him a second chance camp and hope he settles in to be a big favourite down here.

:laughcont:

Not heard that in ages!  Very good.

Agree, players don't suddenly travel 150 miles and become rubbish, you need to use them correctly because presumably you bring them in for what they have proven they can do.  If you play them out of position or in an unfamiliar role they won't be very good.  Rooney as left midfield springs to mind.

He did show flashes of what he could be.  There is something about him.  His first touch was missing.   He has had the time to settle now.  This is the season where he will have to step it up, or be moved on.     I could be proven wrong, but i feel he will be an excellent player for this club.  I think he will go on and shock a few this season.   Remember 70 % of what you read on here is in fact wrong :-)

We have to give the guy a chance.

He arrived when we were deep in trouble, and though he might not have impressed, he certainly wasn't alone in looking shaky.

Here is to him having a break and coming back to show us why SC invested in him.

With Wilbraham, Elliott and El Abd we now have a core of very experienced (especially in terms of promotions) players in the squad, and if there was something missing from our team the first half of last season it was that.  

We've still got the best elements of that young team left, and I reckon if we can hold on to those players who showed promise, then we can build something exciting this year.

He did show flashes of what he could be.  There is something about him.  His first touch was missing.   He has had the time to settle now.  This is the season where he will have to step it up, or be moved on.     I could be proven wrong, but i feel he will be an excellent player for this club.  I think he will go on and shock a few this season.   Remember 70 % of what you read on here is in fact wrong :-)

Well i'm waiting to be shocked, i will give him my backing if,he concentrates more on the ball and not the opponents and stops giving away stupid free kicks. As said he has had time to settle!

Problem is if given a chance in the first team if he makes one mistake he will literally get hounded out of Bristol

I'm all for giving players chances, but how could he be so bad in every single game? Not just senior games, also in U21 games when he's 10 years older than most of the players, he still looked poor..

Something Is seriously up, whether he cannot settle in Bristol, had a falling out with players/managers It needs addressing soon.

Half agree with you - El-Abd is, after all, an experienced championship defender as well as an Egyptian international. He must have something and Brighton fans appear to have thought highly of him. This season will tell.

His poor first touch was the least of my worries about him , the main things were the dreadful positional play which for a defender is crucial and how he looked like he could be sent off at anytime.

Think he will come good this season, but people need to back him. If he reads this forum/twitter it won't help his confidence being called El-Bad by everyone

i hope he has more of a sense of humour than you do.I nicknamed him El Bad in a kind way,linked to his rough 'em up personality i thought he would appreciate it.Nothing to do with his performances.

If ,as i expect ,he comes back to be the player we signed i will still call him El Bad ,unless he cries about it obviously.

I agree with 30% of this.

I really hope he's settled now & is the player that I heard he is, if he plays how we expected & with everyone else we got & brought in the team can't be aiming for anything less than a play off place, personally automatic should be what we achieve :-)

with all that said think people can't get on his back straight away if he makes a couple mistakes but he definitely needs to stop giving away stupid freekicks as they really pissed I off.

Bring on the first match a point at least but mainly a top team performance. COYR.

I hope whatever happened last season, can be sorted and all parties find a way of working together again. A clean sheet.

A long contract and by all accounts decent wages...

Regardless of his performances last season, there was obviously a rift. Being at another game on our final home match last season, when every other squad player was their, spoke a thousand words.

I really do hope he has a calf strain ( how he got that pre season is a strange one ), and he was training on his own because of it....rather than training on his own for 'other reasons'.

If he goes to Botswana that will also speak a thousand words imho.

I hope all comes good and we get the player we thought we were buying.

i hope he has more of a sense of humour than you do.I nicknamed him El Bad in a kind way,linked to his rough 'em up personality i thought he would appreciate it.Nothing to do with his performances.

If ,as i expect ,he comes back to be the player we signed i will still call him El Bad ,unless he cries about it obviously.

Yeah I appreciate that but I still think most people call him it based on performances

Archived