IGNORED

Jet

italian dave

Guys I know the photo I took might make JET appear overweight however I don't even care if he is. He's an unbelievable footballer.

Lets just wait and see shall we, dont forget this is league 1  not the champions league and for an unbelievable footballer i can't recall many offers coming in for him so far.

Christ, one friendly and it's euphoria in overdrive.

It shouldn't matter if he is a bit overweight if pre season is performed properly by Cotts, I remember once hearing Rooney had come back after summer with more than a belly, but due to the nature of pre season, he was back to usual leanness and match fitness by the start of the season. So as long as Cotts has them busting a gut in training shouldn't be a problem!

I'd love to be as unfit as JET if he performs like he does. Yesterday the players didn't put much effort in, they didn't have to. It was all very laboured and the Port players had been out on the piss up the night before by the looks of things.

They've been in training what? A week? Calm down.

Not to mention that our boys were never going to be going full tilt. JET could have scored as many as he wanted on Saturday but you have to respect smaller clubs like Portishead in what was a community event and not come across as Bristol City big time Charlie's. There was no need to take the piss or anything like that yesterday. The game served it's purpose. Amazing how people can be critical and make ridiculous claims after only a week of pre season.

It shouldn't matter if he is a bit overweight if pre season is performed properly by Cotts, I remember once hearing Rooney had come back after summer with more than a belly, but due to the nature of pre season, he was back to usual leanness and match fitness by the start of the season. So as long as Cotts has them busting a gut in training shouldn't be a problem!

I personally would never describe Rooney as lean.

The has the physique of a Sunday league pub team player!

Not to mention that our boys were never going to be going full tilt. JET could have scored as many as he wanted on Saturday but you have to respect smaller clubs like Portishead in what was a community event and not come across as Bristol City big time Charlie's. There was no need to take the piss or anything like that yesterday. The game served it's purpose. Amazing how people can be critical and make ridiculous claims after only a week of pre season.

Jet is the same shape as last season no bigger no smaller..he looked like he was enjoying it saturday and was strolling as he should be on a bumpy pitch against a non league team pre season. He showed his qualities and skill without pushing himself,at times he and freeman looked like they could really strike up a quick first touch passing game both being slightly better quality than the other players. I can see those two destroying tight defences . Both have that quick vision for a pass and i thought freemans movement and running are going to be a nightmare for opposing teams and a big help for jets quick thinking. Yes i cant hide it im excited about freeman and seeing him and jet on the same side in this league well i cant wait to see what they can do .cant wait for the season

Jet is the same shape as last season no bigger no smaller..he looked like he was enjoying it saturday and was strolling as he should be on a bumpy pitch against a non league team pre season. He showed his qualities and skill without pushing himself,at times he and freeman looked like they could really strike up a quick first touch passing game both being slightly better quality than the other players. I can see those two destroying tight defences . Both have that quick vision for a pass and i thought freemans movement and running are going to be a nightmare for opposing teams and a big help for jets quick thinking. Yes i cant hide it im excited about freeman and seeing him and jet on the same side in this league well i cant wait to see what they can do .cant wait for the season

Summed up my thoughts exactly mate. If JET and Freeman hit it off teams won't be able to cope with them both in L1.

Summed up my thoughts exactly mate. If JET and Freeman hit it off teams won't be able to cope with them both in L1.

They both played together for the arsenal youth team so it's fair to assume that they know each other's style of play pretty well, ayling did as well, him and jet both in the team that won the youth fa cup

They both played together for the arsenal youth team so it's fair to assume that they know each other's style of play pretty well, ayling did as well, him and jet both in the team that won the youth fa cup

I posted a link some days ago from 'The Guardian' - dated 2009 from memory - saying that whilst Ayling was already a star, JET was one in the making.

Freeman can only improve things.

Wenger, whilst he has a few faults, certainly knows his youth teams' qualities.

Good shout.

I remember when we beat Stevenage at home 4-1 last season a Stevenage player was injured for some time and having treatment on the pitch. JET and Freeman were cracking jokes and chatting away during that period. Fairly evident both are still good mates from their Arsenal days which can only be good for us.

Good shout.

I remember when we beat Stevenage at home 4-1 last season a Stevenage player was injured for some time and having treatment on the pitch. JET and Freeman were cracking jokes and chatting away during that period. Fairly evident both are still good mates from their Arsenal days which can only be good for us.

It's also why I would be less disappointed than some here if frimpong joins, he was another player that was in the arsenal youth team at the same time so they'd know each other fairly well, and he clearly had good potential and it seems like him and JET are still good friends

It's also why I would be less disappointed than some here if frimpong joins, he was another player that was in the arsenal youth team at the same time so they'd know each other fairly well, and he clearly had good potential and it seems like him and JET are still good friends

I think that's just a wild rumour to be honest. Frimpong seems to have lost his way some what lately and although he gets on well with JET I'm not sure he's the character we need. That said if he can rekindle is form he will be an asset.

My thoughts from the sidelines are that it seemed his drop in form and apparent lack of interest coincided with SOD leaving. He obviously had a goo working relationship with him from Donny days and SOD did seem to know how to utilise him. He may have felt that SC was misusing him or at least not supporting his way of play.

Hopefully the new signings have given him a fillip and a better understanding of what SC expects to achieve this season. Lets hope he starts this season the way he started last and keeps it up pass xmas this time.

I think JET was cream crackered after half a season. He is still young, and had an indifferent previous season at Ipswich. No one expects him to run around like a ball winning midfielder, but he does need to get himself leaner and fitter if he is going to make use of his amazing talent for more than fleeting moments. Or go the Noble way .... The SC interview at the training ground said it all, players running in the background JET struggling at the back. I am quite sure SC and the coaches will be pushing him very hard this pre season. If they manage to do it, we risk seeing not just a great player , but something very very special. I repeat, this is not about getting him running around all over the place, but playing 90 mins and a season at a higher tempo. He is still a very young lad, so you never know, it might click. 

What I think is one of most impressive things he has is that quick change of pace in a couple of yards, (something that supporters of a previous generation used to say was Stanley Matthews' greatest trick and something he was able to maintain for a long time into his 40's). For a big man he gets to a very quick pace in a couple of strides. If I was his coach or Manager I would be making sure he retained that, rather than the ability to run around the pitch for a day.

Archived