IGNORED

Jet

italian dave

It always amazes me how many fantastically naturally gifted footballers, as in technique, control, reading of a game, tricks, passing, touch etc struggle with their fitness...not because they don't want to be fit, but because their body is not of a natural athlete.

You can get fit if you have that body type, but you struggle to keep naturally fit and be one of the stronger 'Athletes' as a pro.

Our own JET, Doc, Noble, Sno, Trundle were of that ilk then others like... Gasgoine come to mind.

Then how often do you see complete 'Athletes' with no natural football skills what so ever....a conundrum.

It always amazes me how many fantastically naturally gifted footballers, as in technique, control, reading of a game, tricks, passing, touch etc struggle with their fitness...not because they don't want to be fit, but because their body is not of a natural athlete.

You can get fit if you have that body type, but you struggle to keep naturally fit and be one of the stronger 'Athletes' as a pro.

Our own JET, Doc, Noble, Sno, Trundle were of that ilk then others like... Gasgoine come to mind.

Then how often do you see complete 'Athletes' with no natural football skills what so ever....a conundrum.

We could solve it with a selective breeding programme perhaps? We could force JET to have a child with Paula Radcliffe as the offspring would inevitably have a footballing brain combined with the ability to pee inconspicuously at a roadside. Oh, and they could run a long way too

Don't panic, heard from a Swinedon fan at work today that Frimpong is signing for them this week...... and relax :fingerscrossed:

Why would that not surprise me? Going on their history on signing idiots, surprised they havent ever been in for Marlon King or Lee Hughes either!

Archived