IGNORED

The Official Otib Optimism(Delusional) Thread

Slacker

Due to unprecedented levels of optimism carelessly being thrown around on this forum recently, I wish to propose a thread outlining exactly why this season will be the greatest in BCFC's illustrious history. If I may I would like to get the ball rolling but please feel free to jump aboard this runaway train of enthusiasm.Beware though! Any naysayers amongst you will be rounded up and given a proper going over in the East End(RIP)walkway.

Reasons to be cheerful,

Steve Landsdown.His deep pockets come good again.

Steve Cotterill.Greatest football manager ever.Not just a fact,a FACT

Great new signings

Promising youngsters coming through

JET and Sam to stay (fingers crossed)

New kit may be awesome (or not!)

Promotion nailed on-apparently

Lindleys has promised their pies will contain 17% less cat poo this year

Now I am up in the Williams, I will a!ways know the time

Have to go now,my tea is ready

COYR

Due to unprecedented levels of optimism carelessly being thrown around on this forum recently, I wish to propose a thread outlining exactly why this season will be the greatest in BCFC's illustrious history. If I may I would like to get the ball rolling but please feel free to jump aboard this runaway train of enthusiasm.Beware though! Any naysayers amongst you will be rounded up and given a proper going over in the East End(RIP)walkway.

Reasons to be cheerful,

Steve Landsdown.His deep pockets come good again.

Steve Cotterill.Greatest football manager ever.Not just a fact,a FACT

Great new signings

Promising youngsters coming through

JET and Sam to stay (fingers crossed)

New kit may be awesome (or not!)

Promotion nailed on-apparently

Lindleys has promised their pies will contain 17% less cat poo this year

Now I am up in the Williams, I will a!ways know the time

Have to go now,my tea is ready

COYR

Prepare to have you're pyrotechniks well and truly urinated on from a great height !

this is bcfc for frigs sake.............. :thumbsup:

It's all if's, but's and maybe's and pissing in the wind

HOWEVER

I'm 41 years old, seen it all before, heard it all before, but I have an odd feeling about my football club, one I've not felt in a long time. Guessing this is the optimism you all talk of?

Very, very excited to see what Luke Freeman can offer, still have my doubts as to whether we'll see Sam Baldock in a City shirt again (friendlies don't count), and we need a (proper) No. 1.

Having said that, the squad is progressing nicely and if they can gel quickly and avoid any silly injuries then I reckon we might even make round 2 of the JPT :thumbsup:

while the signings are exciting I'm still going to wait until I see a few games before I really feel optimisitc as we've had false dawns before :(

I did however up my prediction from 10th to 6th so it is getting to me :)

I'm sticking to top 10, there are other clubs who are recruiting well with decent enough squads already in place.

to be perfectly honest I've looked at other clubs in this league and not one of there signings made think "I wish we were in for him",

Now that may just be me but I don't see any reason to fear anyone this season I just hope we finally get fortress Ashton Gate Back

The biggest difference for me is that unlike most signings on the past, where you get at best mixed reviews, if not fans of their previous clubs crowing about their weaknesses and failings.

Well, this time around, I can't recall seeing one negative appraisal of a single one of our signings.

We have to be aiming for top 6 or better if possible, but we all know that it's not that easy and it is going to be roller coaster ride ahead!

COYR!

The great thing about the majority of our signings, is that they are young and still have plenty of time to improve. Bags of already proven ability...that if managed and coached correctly, could develop into a smashing side.

I'm mostly looking forward to watching their development.

Anyone would be foolish to pile pressure on this new group of lads...but I've not been this happy for a long time ...Great signings.

I'm not one to think optimistically with anything regarding City...but these lads have the ability in them, if managed correctly, to gain promotion imho.

Fingers crossed...

I agree with most of this , my one flash of realism / pessimism is the side may be a little undercooked by the time we play Seff Utd.

I am unusually optimistic about the coming season  but I'm not sure we will hit the ground running and may take a few games to get up to speed.

The first few games  may come a little early.

I agree with most of this , my one flash of realism / pessimism is the side may be a little undercooked by the time we play Seff Utd.

I am unusually optimistic about the coming season but I'm not sure we will hit the ground running and may take a few games to get up to speed.

The first few games may come a little early.

That won't be too much of a problem, but would be nice if it didn't take 18 games again this season..!

Unlike in years gone by this time we've done most of our business early and hopefully can hit the ground running .

Well done City .

(Don't Forget the Malarial pills for Botswana )

I did my business early this morning at work and missed the queue for the cubicle. Nothing worse than sitting on a toilet seat that someone else has just warmed for you...

I'm sticking to top 10, there are other clubs who are recruiting well with decent enough squads already in place.

Agree with this.

We should be expecting improvement, but to go from being relegation strugglers for near to all of last season to promotion contenders is a big ask, regardless of our end of season form or decent looking signings.

Plus, I can't be alone in being somewhat blind to the business going on elsewhere, so as exciting as our squad might be looking, who knows; our competitors might also be having the summers of their lives in the market, so feet firmly on the ground.

For me; mid-table at the turn of the year would be a huge improvement, considering where we were then in our respective leagues the last two campaigns.  If we have the capacity for a run at the play offs second half of the season, that is great, but not going to expect it.

I did my business early this morning at work and missed the queue for the cubicle. Nothing worse than sitting on a toilet seat that someone else has just warmed for you...

Depends on what she looked like.

Why, on God's planet, would any football fan be optimistic?

It can only lead to disappointment.

Understand this:-

- we are never going to win the european cup

- you will never have a new Bentley

- you will never have a 10" nadger

- you WILL die.

Alright??

TFR

Why, on God's planet, would any football fan be optimistic?

It can only lead to disappointment.

Understand this:-

- we are never going to win the european cup

- you will never have a new Bentley

- you will never have a 10" nadger

- you WILL die.

Alright??

TFR

whats a 10" badger got to do with anything?

Archived