IGNORED

Adam El-Abd

WolfOfWestStreet

I feel the same as a couple of posters on here, maybe he was once good but plays now like he has lost it, reverting to shirt grabbing and stupid fouls. Usually resulting in more harm than good. Yes we needed a big nasty bugger, but not a desperate one.

The only thing I can think of is when we hear the Brighton fans regard him in such high esteem, was maybe he was such a favourite they just can't see past his faults. Maybe some people would have said the same about Carey if he had been played and lost his ability to defend cleanly. Thankfully we didn't really have to witness his demise.

I'm sure El Abd has a role to play, we got him on a long contract so we have to make him fit if we can't move him on. Every player has a clean sheet but there is truth in the not being able to teach an old dog new tricks saying.

Well his choice of song reveals either a sense of humour or honesty (or both).

Really good interview on the Clubs YouTube site.. definitely a tongue in cheek song choice.

TBH. He sounds like he really wants to be part of the club this coming season. Looks a bit embarrassed about his performances so far but says he's cleared his head and is looking forward to showing us what he can do. 

Seems Honest guy.. but I guess the proof will be in eating. 

People writing off El-Abd already is starting to annoy me. He came in when we were losing, we are the only other club he has ever played for. Yes he made mistakes and was critisised as he is a senior professional.

Also some say that he has taken Louis Carey's shirt number? That Shirt belongs to Bristol City not one man.

BUT He's played less than 20 games for City. Every player deserves a clean slate at the start of the season, I for one will be supporting Adam whenever he pulls on the red shirt. I hope others will do the same, if not for him but for the best interests of the team lthis season.

Pre season has been great, both on and off the pitch. Let's not take any negativity into the new season and REALLY get behind this team. I've got a feeling they could so something quite special. Can't wait for the new season.

Bounce around.

I am always amazed with posts like this.Because people express an opinion about how good or bad a player is , it is then automatically assumed that the person won't get behind the team.I think so far El-Abd has been a poor signing compared to the likes of Nosworthy but I fully intend to get behind the team when the season starts.

Negativity is no use to anyone. 

Apart from with electricity, then negativity becomes a good thing.....

Ying and Yang. We need negativity so that we can contrast it with our super positivity. Without negativity there is no such thing as positivity.

http://www.headtrash.co.uk/blog/2011/06/21/why-negativity-is-a-good-thing/

Tough interview I thought with El Abd, determined to turn negative thoughts (his own and those of others) into positive ones. Good for him.

Seems to be a lot of honesty coming from our club at the moment... card on the table time...  seems like everyone has the same aim (promotion) and they're not hiding away.

All the way up top, looks like SL has finally got a manager he believes he can trust, hence the amount of money being made available & SC is selling our club at it's best to big in quality. The players seem to be a good bunch & not frightened to say they want to get the job done.

Can't wait for the season to start... we even have a decent kit!!! :clap:

Archived