IGNORED

Best Gig You've Ever Been To....

I'll check them out matey. Lock 91 is a bit of a hidden gem- despite being right next to Deansgate locks-  a cracking little bar but very much on the pricey side.

It was my 40th, so didn't cost me a penny ;)

It is a cracking little bar though, will definitely look it up next time I'm up there

Two of the very best gigs:

AFI @ Brixton Academy - April, 2010.

Hanoi Rocks & Johnny Thunders @ New Ocean Club, Cardiff - October, 1984.

For debauchery:

Guns N' Roses & Faster Pussycat @ Colston Hall, Bristol - October, 1987.

For complete enjoyment:

Me First and The Gimme Gimmes @ O2 Academy, Bristol - March, 2014. (Spike Slawson - Best frontman I have ever seen.  Total Cabaret!!)

All these artists and no mention of Pink Floyd! Has anyone ever been to a Floyd gig?

Best gig i've been too was watching David Gilmour doing Atom Heart Mother at the Cadogan Hall in Chelsea (2007 i think) Incredible show in a small intimate venue and real special to see Gilmour that close up.

For all round performance and visual light show Roger Waters at the o2 London in 2007 was simply breathtaking, being half a dozen rows from the front was something quite special.

Altho not a gig as such i was lucky enough to watch Radiohead recording some of their In Rainbows album in a country house in somerset, really was amazing to see the talent this band have close up, i was 1 of 50 people to be invited.

Also saw a amazing Hawkwind show on a camp site in Holland, buggered if i can remember the name of the town....never seen so many people of their heads :)

Two of the very best gigs:

AFI @ Brixton Academy - April, 2010.

Hanoi Rocks & Johnny Thunders @ New Ocean Club, Cardiff - October, 1984.

For debauchery:

Guns N' Roses & Faster Pussycat @ Colston Hall, Bristol - October, 1987.

For complete enjoyment:

Me First and The Gimme Gimmes @ O2 Academy, Bristol - March, 2014. (Spike Slawson - Best frontman I have ever seen.  Total Cabaret!!)

Faster Pussycat, there's a blast from the past! Babylon was a great song!

The Strawbs, Colston Hall 1972

The Doobie Brothers, Knebworth 1974

Peter Gabriel, Shepton Mallet 1982

The Waterboys, Golddiggers Chippenham 1984

Run Rig, Top Spot, 1985

Deacon Blue, club in Poole 1986

Julian Cope, Academy, 1986

Pogues, Academy 1986

David Byrne, Colston Hall 2011

Think that might have been one I was at.  Cracking gig from what I recall.

Altho not a gig as such i was lucky enough to watch Radiohead recording some of their In Rainbows album in a country house in somerset, really was amazing to see the talent this band have close up, i was 1 of 50 people to be invited.

:)

How the bloody heck did you manage that?!?! And given that they're going back into the studio in September, can I come with you if you get invited again?!?!

Went and saw The Cribs play yesterday at Tramlines Festival in Sheffield- always excellent value live

Think that might have been one I was at. Cracking gig from what I recall.

And I was there too!

Cope is always good value and I've seen him at least a dozen times. I remember one gig at the Shepherds Bush Empire where he crowd surfed off the stage, got back as far as the seats and sang the next two numbers sitting in the audience.

Of the ones that got away, regret not being old enough to see Joy Division, not taking up an offer to see the Clash in Brixton, and not being well enough to see the Sisters again in 1985.

Joy Division were a great band - sheer class music that's stood the test of time. My favourite Bristol Gig was Captain Sensible and the Dolly Mixtures at Romeo and Juliets 1985.

Archived