IGNORED

How Long Can You Ignore Will Gidman?

Fordy62

Ali has done a decent job but he has to be dropped for a spinner who will actually bowl when the game is live. Buttler has to come in and bat 6 with Stokes at 7, Broad 8, Plunkett 9, Jimmy 10 and the spinner 11.

That spinner doesn't exist so what do you then suggest?

A few pundits have talked about Gareth Batty. Hardly one for the future but if we have no better option....

I'll stop supporting England if Batty plays for them.

We need to pick someone and keep faith.. Giles was never a world beater but with support behind him and a good seam attack alongside him we did pretty well didn't we.

I'll stop supporting England if Batty plays for them.

We need to pick someone and keep faith.. Giles was never a world beater but with support behind him and a good seam attack alongside him we did pretty well didn't we.

Agreed, a thoroughly detestable bloke. Didn't like him when he was at Worcester either

He can't be any worse than any of the current crop. You could argue for the dropping of ever player except Ballance.

Harsh on Root and Ali maybe, but otherwise yes

He can't be any worse than any of the current crop. You could argue for the dropping of ever player except Ballance.

Root hasn't done anything wrong, Anderson and Broad have bowled well in spells but are obviously being told to pitch it short (inexplicably) by a coach or a captain. Stokes, Prior and Robson need to be stood down as a minimum

PS Gidman still ain't good enough, that's why

Also if Gidman is worth a look then surely Mitchell at Worcs is? Another ton today I see.

There's no long-term planning in playing a 30 year old just because he's having a good season. We need to identify the players we're going to go forward with over the next 5 years, not who might help us sneak a series win against India

Also if Gidman is worth a look then surely Mitchell at Worcs is? Another ton today I see.

Mitchell is having a fantastic season, but as chipdawg says, there is no future there. Anyway, with Moeen with England my Pears can ill afford losing another batsman to England

Anyway, back to ignoring Will Gidman.....pretty easy when you're getting smashed around by the Worcester Boys ;)

Mitchell is having a fantastic season, but as chipdawg says, there is no future there. Anyway, with Moeen with England my Pears can ill afford losing another batsman to England

Anyway, back to ignoring Will Gidman.....pretty easy when you're getting smashed around by the Worcester Boys ;)

These last wicket partnerships are getting so last week.

Was just thinking that Tom! More tails wagging than a bloody rescue home at the moment! Knew I should've kept my mouth shut....!

They'll lose focus after the tea break, just like Jimmy did at Trent Bridge!... plus new ball is only 2 overs away.

• Admin

Come on Glos fans, you can't blame the bloke for wanting to play for a big county before he hangs the batting gloves up :fear:

Bit like O'Toole moving up in the footballing world from the sags to Northampton - guess the only other upward move would be to a minor county live Devon?  :facepalm:

Bit like O'Toole moving up in the footballing world from the sags to Northampton - guess the only other upward move would be to a minor county live Devon?  :facepalm:

Although Worcs are doing their level best to throw promotion away I'm sure we'll still get there. Will be a long time before Gloucs get there

Living up in the Midlands, one of my Managers is a Warwickshire fan

He told me to keep an eye out for Sam Hain... so I said I would.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/player/555850.html

Formidable start to his career. Including a Double Hundred this week.

Only problem..... Born in Hong Kong and has played youth level for Australia.

It appears with the number of foreign born players in England's cricket team, it wont be a problem, but because of his participation for Aus in the U19 World Cup, can he still play for England???

Archived