IGNORED

Blackpool

Now to (possibly) rain on everyone's parade.

My son reckons Blackpool may cease to be before the season starts. It's not too late, but all the way down the pyramid, relegated teams may find themselves reinstated to the division or league hey fell from.

I reckon it is too late and id Blackpool fold, it'll be a 23 team Championship with only two relegated in 2015.

Blackpool will have already had to provide assurance that they can see out the coming season, before being issue with their golden share.

They may end up with a below par playing squad, but they will be ok. For now, at least.

Now to (possibly) rain on everyone's parade.

My son reckons Blackpool may cease to be before the season starts. It's not too late, but all the way down the pyramid, relegated teams may find themselves reinstated to the division or league hey fell from.

I reckon it is too late and id Blackpool fold, it'll be a 23 team Championship with only two relegated in 2015.

By all accounts they still have a parachute payment of 8.6million to come in the next few days and there is talk of a takeover which would mean the removal of the Oysten's. They will be ok.

I can still see the quote now from Steven Davies . . "When I heard a club like Blackpool were in for me I couldn't wait to get up there and sign . . "

Trouble is Steven you're going to have to play in goal, fullback & attack as well as warming the bench.

Karma.

Har har

Karma for leaving a relegated team for one recently in the Premier League. What a crime?

You'd think a fair few of the Blackpool fans must be waiting outside of the training ground with their boots and kit, just waiting to get a game.

If they make it to the season, will they actually muster a point on the board this year?

fixtures are out everything is set to go, if Blackpool are to fold then the championship will run with 23 teams, with blackpool taking 24th spot, they would sort out the promotion at the end of the season , most likely only 1 team dropping out of the league and blackpool being the other

fixtures are out everything is set to go, if Blackpool are to fold then the championship will run with 23 teams, with blackpool taking 24th spot, they would sort out the promotion at the end of the season , most likely only 1 team dropping out of the league and blackpool being the other

Yeah; literally no way Rovers could profit from Blackpool spiralling into oblivion.

It'll go the same way as other monies - to Oyston via his companies apparently. According to C4 news, tens of millions has gone to his holding company and then divvied out to his other many companies as unsecured loans. One of his companies (a "services" company I believe) got 11m.

Perfectly legal of course.

Shocking. You have to wonder if their success under him has been by accident or design, as on the face of it, he seems a out and out asset stripper.

It's a great reply from Oyston and let the naysayers try and refute any of that.

A lot of fans fail to understand that football stadiums don't get renovated for "free"  :rolleyes:  

it is indeed a good reply and he is very open about the inner workings of the board at blackpool, it also highlight the danger of getting foriegners involved in clubs,

it makes me think "thank **** we have Steve Lansdown running our club"

Archived