IGNORED

Funniest Moment Watching City?

bcfcchris2016

I remember at Cheltenham last season, you know how near to the pitch the crowd are. This guy has just bought his chips he is walking back to his seat along the bottom of the stand and Scott Murray hoofed the ball out of play and it hit this guys chios and they went everywhere Scotty even had a chuckle at it how funny I was laughing my @$$ off.

I remember at Cheltenham last season, you know how near to the pitch the crowd are. This guy has just bought his chips he is walking back to his seat along the bottom of the stand and Scott Murray hoofed the ball out of play and it hit this guys chios and they went everywhere Scotty even had a chuckle at it how funny I was laughing my @$$ off.

That was what first came to my head too. Great stuff! :how funny:

I remember the chips one too, very funny!

Also Huddersfield away last season. There were 100 of us or so who were persistantly standing and singing at the back of the stand through-out, and the stewards weren't happy. They'd told us to sit down several times, and in the end resorted to calling their 'boss' in, plus re-inforcements. On finally sitting down, a guy in the back row (pretty well built) sits down, leans back in his seat, only for the back of the seat to snap and fly off and see him tumble off the back.

A rendition of 'Stand Up, Or You'll Break The Seats...' duely followed.

I remember the chips one too, very funny!

Also Huddersfield away last season. There were 100 of us or so who were persistantly standing and singing at the back of the stand through-out, and the stewards weren't happy. They'd told us to sit down several times, and in the end resorted to calling their 'boss' in, plus re-inforcements. On finally sitting down, a guy in the back row (pretty well built) sits down, leans back in his seat, only for the back of the seat to snap and fly off and see him tumble off the back.

A rendition of 'Stand Up, Or You'll Break The Seats...' duely followed.

HAHA, forgot about that one! That was hilarious.

Personal sorry......Possibly looking back up the grassy knoll at Wigans old ground, Springfield Road, and seeing City fans stood under the cow shed of an away stand.......and in the same game watching the Wigan fans that stood watching the goal they were attacking in the first half, move at half time to watch the other gaol they were attacking in the second half.

Such memories......we won 2-3 too.

I've only ever been away once, but it was at Bournemouth in the LDV Semis back in January- one lone twonk sat in a tree overlooking the pitch for most of the match, and the "Who's the ###### in the tree" chant. also "Stand Up If You're 2-1 Up" made me laugh :clap:

Not away, sorry, but at the Gate two incidents.

Last game of the 74/75 season v Fulham. They were taking it easy as they were in the Cup Final the following week. A miskick made the ball travel sideways at great velocity and hit the rump of a police horse. The rider struggled to stay mounted and this produced a laugh from both sets of fans.

On the open end one guy opened his lighter, but it had been set wrong and a tall flame came out and lit his nose as well as his fag. :how funny:

I'm going to make a list

1. The light getting broken at Luton last season

2. The seats incident at huddersfield

3. At Chesterfield this season seeing a mob of about 20 police marching about 10 city fans mostly young teenagers and old men to the ground from the train station

4. Chesterfield again, not really funny but the ridiculous policing this season before the game herding everyone to the two pubs and not letting anyone out until ten to three

5. The look on the Cardiff fans faces as we left on the coaches after the league game last season

Anymore?

I agree.

I also once saw a match in Russia near a military camp in the middle of the winter. All the soldiers were out on a break and playing football in about 1 foot of snow in only army shirts and trousers. They couldn't see football and ther was more violence than a rugby match.

• Admin

Wigan, 89/90 season (we won 3-2) Wigan supporters club allowed City fans in and we out numbered them considerably, then on the TV, a horse race came on.

Some gasheads used to own shares in a horse and the jockey wore the horrible blue and white quarters, he was riding that day.

The Wigan fans were totally bemused why a large crowd of beer swilling City fans abused the TV for one race and then ignored the rest of the meeting.

Guest Harry May

"The light getting broken at Luton " was n't that funny - it landed on my daughter's head !

Falling objects seem attracted to her . A few years back at Oxford , we were in that funny little stand in the corner ( Cuckoo lane stand ? ) when a tile fell off the roof and hit her in the head . It was a dire 0-0 in our Division 1 days and I think the tile woke her up . Fortunately she 's built of stern stuff and both times she was unhurt.

The funniest thing I seen at a football match ? Well there's a few .

Amongst all the tense scenes after the daylight robbery at Saltergate last year , there was a minibus of City lads caught in the traffic surrounded by chesterfraud fans . One of the City boys leaned out of the minibus and shouted at a group of female sperites " I see you , baby shaking your a55 , shaking your a55". Seemed bl00dy funny at the time.

Another one was a few years back at Boundary park. When we bumped into a lone City fan. Had a few drinks together . City won the match . The schedule to get the train was a bit tight , so we decided to get a taxi to the station. Unfortunately the taxi drivers command of English was n't brilliant . To cut along story short . It ended up with us driving down the road with this lone City fan running behind us. The 4 of us in the taxi had tears of laughter running down our cheeks as this poor chap ran behind us.

The oddest thing was that he still got back to the station at the same time as us.

Caldicot Red.

1. Few seasons ago at home when St Johns dropped opposition player off the stretcher in front of the Williams

2. Tommycidered getting pounced on by stewards and police at Cambridge

3. Police at Luton last year taking the ball of me and EDR and co. outside the ground claiming it was an offensive object - duuhhh!

4. Who remembers the abuse we gave Sodje (? spelling) at Crewe last season.

5. The unforgettable PEDO chants to a particular ex-gas player at home to Reading 3 seasons ago

About ten years ago now, City were 2-0 up at P'boro' and one of their players, Gary Cooper, was having a nightmare of a game. The Posh fans booed and called for him to subbed. At the end of the game, he climbed over the advert hoardings and tried punching some home fans! Apart from City's score, what made that game even better was I entered a comp in the local paper and had won 2 tickets to see the game from what passes for a VIP area. Took great delight in turning up in my City shirt! :how funny:

Archived