IGNORED

Patron Saint Of England

Red Cloud

As people become saints for performing three 'miracles' (defying the laws of physics, which is impossible) I think the whole thing is somewhat sketchy...

Saint Cotts

Miracle 1,kept us up last year with plenty to spare

Miracle 2 signed Freeman when all around us thought it impossible .

Miracle 3 Sold Foster

Need i say more ?

following on from http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/163906-english-national-anthem/ thread -

"King Alfred the Great" for Patron Saint for me every time - he made England!!!!!

Actually he never, he was king of Wessex home of the true English, he held of the Vikings while those northerners crumbled, and they have the nerve to call us southern softies.

Then later King Harold threw it away when he let the Normans walk all over us, followed years later by the pretender Blair who let everyone walk over us.

following on from http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/163906-english-national-anthem/ thread -

"King Alfred the Great" for Patron Saint for me every time - he made England!!!!!

Why not,. A true Bristolian!!!

Alfred (c. 1928 - March 10, 1948) arrived in Bristol Zoo in 1930 and became a popular attraction and animal celebrity. His fame grew to international proportions during World War Two and after his death he remained an important mascot for the city of Bristol.

Good enough for me.

Why not,. A true Bristolian!!!

Alfred (c. 1928 - March 10, 1948) arrived in Bristol Zoo in 1930 and became a popular attraction and animal celebrity. His fame grew to international proportions during World War Two and after his death he remained an important mascot for the city of Bristol.

Good enough for me.

He was an immigrant from the Congo though. Probably after whatever benefits (bananas mainly) he could get.

Last time I saw him, up the museum, he was just standing about doing nothing.

He was an immigrant from the Congo though. Probably after whatever benefits (bananas mainly) he could get.

Last time I saw him, up the museum, he was just standing about doing nothing.

You're not playing the racist card, are you???

:innocent06:

England's first patron Saint was Edmund (as in Bury St Edmunds). During the Crusades, the English knights heard about this Turk who although serving in the Roman army defied the Roman Emperor's edict and continued to practice Christianity. That's why he was adopted by us.

England's first patron Saint was Edmund (as in Bury St Edmunds). During the Crusades, the English knights heard about this Turk who although serving in the Roman army defied the Roman Emperor's edict and continued to practice Christianity. That's why he was adopted by us.

Do you know the way to Bury St Edmunds?

Yes, dig a hole about six foot by three by two...

Alfred is soooo 9th century. Why don't we go for more of a modern day Saint? Matt la Tissier would have made a great king had only our managers valued creative genius. Grrrrr

Archived