IGNORED

Elliot Parish

GrahamC

By all accounts it would appear he played very well,making 4 or 5 solid saves, and had no chance in the goal scored by Sordell. Burnley played a pretty full strength side and Blackpool fans are saying if it wasn't for 3 or 4 amazing saves it would have been 3 or 4 nil today. 

Wouldn't be a surprise if they tried to buy him after today's efforts, just hope we're not doing another Stephen Henderson / Dean Gerken mistake as he was never bad for us last season.

By all accounts it would appear he played very well,making 4 or 5 solid saves, and had no chance in the goal scored by Sordell. Burnley played a pretty full strength side and Blackpool fans are saying if it wasn't for 3 or 4 amazing saves it would have been 3 or 4 nil today.

Wouldn't be a surprise if they tried to buy him after today's efforts, just hope we're not doing another Stephen Henderson / Dean Gerken mistake as he was never bad for us last season.

Think that he'll either go for free or a nominal fee.

% sell on clause would be a must!

I can never remember any fans slating Parish for continued bad mistakes, or looking uncomfortable or jittery.

The same cannot be said of Fielding.

I hope we sign Moore as imho... Fielding is our one weak link.

While David Marshall came back from his dislocated finger today, only a week after it happened. Chance of getting moore increased again

Why?

I'd admit... FF is like Marmite...you either like him or not. I think there is a big split.

He's one of those keepers I'd put in the Grobbalar and Barthez mold...but no where near as good...you just know he's going to do something clumsy. You can tell a good goalkeeper when the defenders look comfortable...

Clumsy?

Perhaps a bit nervous at times, but he's more than capable!

You can't afford to have a 'nervous' goalkeeper. It spreads panic  and nerves to the defence.

You need someone who dominates and controls and adds confidence... imho...FF does none of that.

I'd admit... FF is like Marmite...you either like him or not. I think there is a big split.

He's one of those keepers I'd put in the Grobbalar and Barthez mold...but no where near as good...you just know he's going to do something clumsy. You can tell a good goalkeeper when the defenders look comfortable...

Agreed, FF is our weak link, massively. You can tell the defence don't have confidence in him, for me he just doesn't have a stature a goalkeeper should have. He's to rash and I said this in another thread and I'll say it again, I think it will take a huge blunder from FF for the club to really consider buying a GK. Lets hope it's not against Sheff Utd.

Agreed, FF is our weak link, massively. You can tell the defence don't have confidence in him, for me he just doesn't have a stature a goalkeeper should have. He's to rash and I said this in another thread and I'll say it again, I think it will take a huge blunder from FF for the club to really consider buying a GK. Lets hope it's not against Sheff Utd.

I have to agree...for some unknown reason he has a bit of a 'cult' following amongst some of our fans.

He is our weakest link by miles.

I'd like to see him as our no2 GK...tbh...I'd really prefer Moore and Parish as no.2... and FF moved on.

I have to agree...for some unknown reason he has a bit of a 'cult' following amongst some of our fans.

He is our weakest link by miles.

I'd like to see him as our no2 GK...tbh...I'd really prefer Moore and Parish as no.2... and FF moved on.

He's a great character, I'll admit that. Great listening to interviews and I'm sure he's great fun on a night out, but for a team trying to push for promotion in a very physical league, is he what we are looking for as our #1 goalkeeper to play 40 odd games for us this season?? I don't think so.

For me Fielding is slightly better than Parish, says it all for me when Newport wanted to send him back. I'd be happy if FF was our #2, but #1? I'd be worried.

Fielding made one bad mistake v Bradford, some people have never forgiven him for that and blame him for every goal we conceeed, lost cinfidence and was dropped, when he was restored to the side after SC ( rightly ) decided that Parrish wasn't good enough he didn't put a foot wrong, outstanding saves v Swindon + port vale, but many on here have made their mind up and won't change it whatever gg does, many people on here didn't rate Tom Heston either, when it comes to opinions on player it's a good thing that no body in authority takes a blind bit of notice of the opinions expressed on !

Parrish made major howlers v leyton orient Rotherham Brentford ( I'm sure theirs more ) and the mistake he made for Newport v mansfield which persuaded them to cut short his loan would make any video of goal keeping howlers, he made more mistakes than ff but gets no where near the ammount of stick ! Good luck to him in the future though !

Fielding made one bad mistake v Bradford, some people have never forgiven him for that and blame him for every goal we conceeed, lost cinfidence and was dropped, when he was restored to the side after SC ( rightly ) decided that Parrish wasn't good enough he didn't put a foot wrong, outstanding saves v Swindon + port vale, but many on here have made their mind up and won't change it whatever gg does, many people on here didn't rate Tom Heston either, when it comes to opinions on player it's a good thing that no body in authority takes a blind bit of notice of the opinions expressed on !

Totally disagree... Yes he made one mistake against Bradford, but no one continues to blame him for that...GK's are entitled to make the odd mistake.

As has been made clear by many...he has no confidence, doesn't ooze confidence, doesn't command his area, isn't a dominant force in the box, he makes the defence on edge, he makes the fans on edge...both of those 'effects' have a ripple effect, and it is felt by the team. Yes he can be a shot stopper...but the rest of his game is not to standard...

Parish and FF are both no.2 GK's at this level imho.

Heaton and Gerkin are far better keepers.

Basso was prone to the odd error...but his other attributes far out weigh any negatives.

FF...has way too many negatives...being a good 'shot stopper' doesn't make you a good keeper.

Difference with Fielding vs Parish is that Fielding's judgement is very sketchy. I see nothing wrong with playing a sweeper keeper, the attacking options it unlocks can change a game - but only the very best can effectively play this role i.e. Manuel Neuer. What makes Neuer so great is his judgement of the game as it unfolds and even if he does mis-judge this situation he has the very highest levels of speed, agility and coordination to get him out of it. Fielding doesn't posess the same level of ability in these qualities - he's a good shot stopper, but in terms of the wider aspect of his game he is suspect (imo).

Parish was a bog standard league 1 goalie - dependable without being outstanding. He did however gradually lose confidence (to be expected with the shower of shite defence that was in front of him) and I think it was ultimately right that he was taken out of the firing line.

Where we really missed out (again, imo) was Gerken. Admittedly, his wages would've been huge to keep him here after relegation, but he was slated by the majority of fans on this forum and yet has established himself as one of the top keepers in the Championship.

So, in conclusion, a new goalkeeper (assuming EP is departin for Blackpool) is a must for me.

When we signed Fielding I thought he was a good signing for us but then I saw him at the start of the season and my opinion changed quite dramatically however after his spell in the wilderness I thought he came back and performed better

Archived