IGNORED

Twentyman Talk Back. Now On Saturday

kiwicolin

I don't know if any of you listen to the show , on a Friday night and it started at 6 pm to 7 pm.

It used to start at 7 pm to 8 pm. Since the change I think that a lot of supporters didn't phone because of

the earlier time.

Well it has changed again.

It will now be on 5 pm , on Saturday , after the games.

I don't know if any of you listen to the show , on a Friday night and it started at 6 pm to 7 pm.

It used to start at 7 pm to 8 pm. Since the change I think that a lot of supporters didn't phone because of

the earlier time.

That has always been a phone in time after the game. So basically they've just ditched Friday nights show !

That has always been a phone in time after the game. So basically they've just ditched Friday nights show !

True  but most of them are on to rant and rave about the game they were at . They don't calm down before they phone.

Hopefully Geoff can sort that out

and have more of a discussion . 

Hopefully they won't be calling the usual people then..

I'm sure they will still ring the usual participants - they're usually on after 5 anyway

Mark and Ian (City fans) are ok, but NTTDS along with Jason (gashead boob cricket bloke) and Callum the Yeovil fan who thinks he's Geoff's buddy are plain weird.

my favourite - Kev the gashead from Bemmy ....self proclaimed gashead superfan

" you know I loves the rovers Geoff"

Geoff " Did you go today?"

"Nah, I listened on the radio"

Hopefully they won't be calling the usual people then..

I'm sure they will still ring the usual participants - they're usually on after 5 anyway

Mark and Ian (City fans) are ok, but NTTDS along with Jason (gashead boob cricket bloke) and Callum the Yeovil fan who thinks he's Geoff's buddy are plain weird.

my favourite - Kev the gashead from Bemmy ....self proclaimed gashead superfan

" you know I loves the rovers Geoff"

Geoff " Did you go today?"

"Nah, I listened on the radio"

does not warrant the air time now seeming there is only 1 league team in BRISTOL.

Yeovil were covered on Twenty Pence Talks Back too. They're not in Bristol, but the potential audience is much larger than the Bristol area.

I think this change will be detrimental to local football. There may be less guest appearances due to potential guests being busy at football. Also, many of us cannot listen to much post match radio, because we're cycling home from the game. If the post match Saturday show is extended to, say, 7.30 pm, then that would be a compromise.

Yeovil were covered on Twenty Pence Talks Back too. They're not in Bristol, but the potential audience is much larger than the Bristol area.

I think this change will be detrimental to local football. There may be less guest appearances due to potential guests being busy at football. Also, many of us cannot listen to much post match radio, because we're cycling home from the game. If the post match Saturday show is extended to, say, 7.30 pm, then that would be a compromise.

Never understood the luvvy link up with Radion Somerset ! In my neck of the woods Radio Glos (and FGR) are much more local. Wonder why they chose THAT liason and not the "northern" part of the west country ?

There isn't much worth listening to on radio. I only regularly listen to Radio 4's "Today" & "PM" progs and Twenty pence's progs, which I know are often rubbish, but are addictive like otib. Several posters have commented on the well known ("you know" and "at the end of the day") numpties, but I bet they listen.

Sometimes when there is a guest (e.g. a local manager) it is very revealing about what's going on inside clubs. We need third party interviewers to ask difficult questions and not just interviews by club employees on youtube. Also, it's the traditional start to the weekend for many of us.

If the change results in less air time for local football, then that can only be a bad thing. The program will be replaced by the usual patronising dross served up by Radio Bristol. The polarisation of British football continues. Where is NTTDS when you need him?

Never understood the luvvy link up with Radion Somerset ! In my neck of the woods Radio Glos (and FGR) are much more local. Wonder why they chose THAT liason and not the "northern" part of the west country ?

Once upon a time it was one station with the odd "Somerset Sound" opt out from Taunton. So it's historic more than anything. In those days it was all about two league sides and a couple of bigger non league teams getting the odd mention, er hang on......

the earlier time.

Brilliant!All the real fans will be making their way home!Same as  sky starting matches at 5.20 on a sat!

True  but most of them are on to rant and rave about the game they were at . They don't calm down before they phone.

Hopefully Geoff can sort that out

and have more of a discussion . 

Slarti is right though.

Once you've taken out post match interviews and reports plus national football news there ain't going to be much more time for fans than there was previously on a saturday.

• Admin

Slarti is right though.

Once you've taken out post match interviews and reports plus national football news there ain't going to be much more time for fans than there was previously on a saturday.

It already lasted until 6. They won't change the format. They're just cancelling the Friday show.

Archived