IGNORED

Twentyman Talk Back. Now On Saturday

kiwicolin

They can only broadcast the people who call in. Which would explain that Gashead who just says 'ya know' constantly.

Very few people ring in.............Radio Bristol ring Ian and Mark as they know they are decent contributors

Not sure if they ring NTTDS ............or if they do - why?  !!

That's not my point. My point is that it's the same people every week.

Is that because they are the only ones willing? If they spoke a load of old rubbish then you would have a point, but typically Mark and Ian's viewpoint are well worth listening to. Maybe you should try?

Is that because they are the only ones willing? If they spoke a load of old rubbish then you would have a point, but typically Mark and Ian's viewpoint are well worth listening to. Maybe you should try?

Not forgetting the king of boob cricket Jason from the Blue side.

Does anybody know who this Ian bloke is? He's obviously Radio Bristol 's number one contributor as he's always on immediately after the match

Also, who is the geezer who comes on immediately after away matches ? The one who used to call Jon Stead, John Steed. (For those too young to remember, John Steed was a character in the 1960s Avengers TV programme)

I below that Ian is Ian Gay ( Bristol boy ) formerly of this forum. Nttds ( coincidentally also formerly of this forum ) is often the first caller after away matches.

Because Radio Bristol call them

TTB died a death when they moved it forward to 6 p.m. on Fridays. I always thought that shows where GT had a guest in the studio were quite interesting.

Can't see many callers being fitted in amongst the various match reports on a Saturday.

Friday evening shows were great (ok not actually great) for thoughtful reflection of the last weekend/Tuesday game and armchair manager thoughts on the game ahead. 

The move to early Friday evening was a shot in the leg, and the Saturday move is a shot in the head.

All Saturday after match talk is good for is reaction. As has been said, they've effectively cancelled TTB. RIP.

Is that horse punching, boob cricketer the oddball that 'supports' Palace as well? Nothing I like better than listening to a phone in where the caller has only listened to the game on the radio, great radio! And then Twentypence starts jibbering about Palace- who gives a shit he doesn't watch either team.

Like anything is gonna change apart from the name!

Jase the boob cricketer is indeed the palarse fan, He's more or less stopped supporting the gas, he revealed on tmtb that his "mates" had warned him o stay away from the men ! apparently he had shown disloyalty to the "famous" quarters by choosing to watch palarse rather than the gas !

Think Mark and Ian talk a lot of sense tbh

But what is the point of that?  All you are getting is a different version of the BBC's report of the game.  Cheap time filler.

They should either scrap it and provide better in depth or wider coverage of sport, or make it more entertaining like the stuff after the 3rd May Rovers game and as has been said people phoning in with their view of the game who weren't even their. Priceless entertainment.

8 year old kids who phone up with a rehash of what their dad has been saying are when you know they are plumbing the depths.

But what is the point of that?  All you are getting is a different version of the BBC's report of the game.  Cheap time filler.

They should either scrap it and provide better in depth or wider coverage of sport, or make it more entertaining like the stuff after the 3rd May Rovers game and as has been said people phoning in with their view of the game who weren't even their. Priceless entertainment.

8 year old kids who phone up with a rehash of what their dad has been saying are when you know they are plumbing the depths.

I'd be perfectly content with a re-run of that particular show every Saturday for the next season. Maybe start it at around 5.15 to give them time to get that days results in. Does anybody really want to listen to the usual dross after that?

I am unaware of budgets etc. but you could do lots to make it more entertaining.

Have a regular panel from both league sides that radio Bristol/Somerset Sound cover, bring in local journalists, look to introduce some more comment from different contributors, have a bit a of fun and involve ex players, run a regular quiz.

You need a more charasmatic host and a committed producer, but theirs no reason why you couldn't create a show that runs from 12.00pm/1.00pm to 6.00pm to 7.00pm.

We have two decent league clubs and a really strong amateur scene.

It could be done, just needs the commitment and effort to do it.

I am unaware of budgets etc. but you could do lots to make it more entertaining.

Have a regular panel from both league sides that radio Bristol/Somerset Sound cover, bring in local journalists, look to introduce some more comment from different contributors, have a bit a of fun and involve ex players, run a regular quiz.

You need a more charasmatic host and a committed producer, but theirs no reason why you couldn't create a show that runs from 12.00pm/1.00pm to 6.00pm to 7.00pm.

We have two decent league clubs and a really strong amateur scene.

It could be done, just needs the commitment and effort to do it.

I thought that is pretty well what we have.

Nope, we have Geoff Twentyman  who fronts a show on his own with clips and soundbites thrown in randomnly.

it should be more interactive, more live guests, a regular panel to help keep things moving and mixing it up a little, regular segments, like rviewing the weeks papers with local journos etc. (don't all start moaning about stockhusen) it could be produced so much better.

Better than GT reading twitter messages for an hour.

This is what the Saturday afternoon show has become, texts and tweets along the lines of "Hi Geoff - City to win 2-1 today, JET and Baldock to score. Broomhill Red -COYR" followed by similar crap from Bitton Gas and John from Yeovil :shutup:. To be honest it is difficult to see how someone who has pretty much been in charge of BBC Local Radio Sport for at least 20 years-ish can think this is good radio.  + the same callers week in week out.  Good old NTTTDS may be an expert on local media, Sky Sports Schedules and informing us of the exact number of away fans, but his ability to analyse a football match he has just witnessed is non-existent - GT:- "Penny for your thoughts John" - "Well Geoff, you know, Oh I don't know" GT "What did you think of JETS wonder goal John?" NTTDS:- "It was down the other end Geoff , so I couldn't really say, but the 958 of us who travelled up from Bristol............." if you get my drift!  Bristol Boy tends to give well thought out account of the match, though.

Is that horse punching, boob cricketer the oddball that 'supports' Palace as well? Nothing I like better than listening to a phone in where the caller has only listened to the game on the radio, great radio! And then Twentypence starts jibbering about Palace- who gives a shit he doesn't watch either team.

Like anything is gonna change apart from the name!

He plays for a team in the same 7 a side league as my team. We played them a couple of weeks back and one of our lads asked me if I knew anything about them, forgetting that they were only stood about five feet away I said 'all

I know is that the goalkeeper is a perv who supports Palace and the Gas' suffice to say that after we beat them 3-2 he didn't shake my hand!

Archived