IGNORED

Biggest Professional Footballer....

spudski

....has there been anyone bigger than Jon Parkin?

The bloke is Mahoosive... the biggest mass of a unit I've ever seen in Pro football.

I watched him play for FGR's yesterday against Crystal Palace... I couldn't believe my eyes.

Him and Lee Hughes up front... feel sorry for the Gas's defence come the end of August... :laughcont:

Some real talent on show yesterday though.... Frazier Campbell looked very good...clinical.

Another good game Tuesday night at FGR.... Arsenal u21's visit...

To be fair on Jon Parkin I always though he was a pretty tidy footballer for his size. Not just a typical donkey target man. Anyone remember those step overs and curling shot before rattling David James' crossbar at AG?

No one is denying he has talent...you wouldn't be able to carve out a long career like he has without talent.

And I can understand footballers with big frames, carrying muscle...but Jon has definitely taken it to the next level.

No doubt he's strong and an intelligent gifted footballer, he reads the game very well, but he's definitely carrying a bit of needless timber that when watching yesterday, you  could see was hindering his ability to move and jump freely.

I'm surprised so many Clubs have not put him on a diet.

He's bigger than this now...

_76413133_jonparkin1.jpg

Saw John Hartson playing for Norwich against us during our first season back in the championship. I swear he was wearing the biggest pair of shorts I've seen on any player - including the over 50s five a  side I used to play in!

Definitely not as big as the beast that is Adebayo Akinfenwa he is massive!

Yes, but if I remember he caused us all sorts of problems.

Parkin was always big in his 'prime', as the years go on and they let themselves go a bit he must be massive now. Neil Ruddock is a lump too and what's that Manu player who is now a manager, he is massive (can't think of his name), not jan molby

Edit; Steve Bruce.

Definitely not as big as the beast that is Adebayo Akinfenwa he is massive!

Here he is when in real shape, seen him carrying a few extra pounds too and wouldn't want to get in his way

iIAPHBTfzl9BV.jpg

Archived