IGNORED

Stockhausen

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

"I've really enjoyed his presence and input on twitter. Yes, his BP articles are largely regurgitated stuff but he does have to fill a column every day, give him a break and don't read it if you don't like it.

Anyone who has followed him on twitter will see the helpful insight that he does have and has given to fans. Get over yourselves."

Perfectly summed up!

Perhaps he has lifted the odd rumour over the years to build some news over the summer, but I can pretty much guarantee from my dealings with him on Twitter that he's a fairly professional chap who genuinely has insight at the club and he prints "there has been no bid", or "there's expected to be another bid" or anything along those lines, it's because he has been told that by someone within the club. He spends more time in & around AG and the training ground than any of us and of course has developed contacts over the years. To believe he has no contacts and guesses it pretty childish to be honest...

And he's not Post editor, by the way, and doesn't even write the headlines of his own pieces (that's not how newspapers work) so can't blame him for the overall content, the Rovers/City split (which I believe they say exactly the same by the way!) or whether they have fans that blog for them or not.

I would do the same but haven't bothered approaching them - I'm sure if I - or someone else capable of stringing a few words together - volunteered to write a regular piece, they'd be up for it.

He wrote that after the bad tackle on Osbourne late on in the game Cotts took the players off the pitch. This wasn't true and the ref decided to end the game then.

Bit of a silly thing to write as he wasn't there, but it may have been something he was told by someone out there rather than it being pure fiction.

It was something he was told, by a Botswana fan who was at the game. In fact I think everyone on twitter was told that.

AS get's a lot of unnecessary stick IMO. People moan about him taking things from here..... I've never seen him do that in his EP articles? He writes about what everyone knows because its the only news to come out that day. There is only so much he can write about. Think people need to get off his back, if you don't like what he writes, quite simple don't read it! If it's not a player city fans have to moan about they'll pick on someone from the media instead. Suppose that's just out way, not happy unless we're moaning.

It was something he was told, by a Botswana fan who was at the game. In fact I think everyone on twitter was told that.

AS get's a lot of unnecessary stick IMO. People moan about him taking things from here..... I've never seen him do that in his EP articles? He writes about what everyone knows because its the only news to come out that day. There is only so much he can write about. Think people need to get off his back, if you don't like what he writes, quite simple don't read it! If it's not a player city fans have to moan about they'll pick on someone from the media instead. Suppose that's just out way, not happy unless we're moaning.

oh he has he's been set up from here in the past, he doesn't anymore well only to get a general vibe of how the fans are feeling, but since the turn of the year and most people will say it, his stuff has been generally good, its the odd one like the botswana story that he write and prints with out checking what has actually happend that gets peoples backs up,

oh he has he's been set up from here in the past, he doesn't anymore well only to get a general vibe of how the fans are feeling, but since the turn of the year and most people will say it, his stuff has been generally good, its the odd one like the botswana story that he write and prints with out checking what has actually happend that gets peoples backs up,

Memory sometimes plays tricks, but I seem to recall that last season (or perhaps the season before) somebody from this forum started a false thread on that rumours site claiming that we were going to sign Suso (spelling?) from Liverpool.

The rumour spread to this forum and later (and I may be exaggerating slightly) became a AS exclusive on what was then the Bristol Evening Post.

I don't follow Twitter, but find the majority of AS's articles in the Bristol Post reasonably well-informed and written.

Perhaps, where appropriate, AS might indicate in his articles that 'the rumour' is not an exclusive but gleaned from xyz source/forum and give credit to said source, thus absolving him from blame and/or ridicule should said rumour prove to be unfounded or even a spoof. 

He wrote that after the bad tackle on Osbourne late on in the game Cotts took the players off the pitch. This wasn't true and the ref decided to end the game then.

Bit of a silly thing to write as he wasn't there, but it may have been something he was told by someone out there rather than it being pure fiction.

"Bit of a silly thing to write as he wasn't there"

Sorry but this guy purports to be a "professional" journalist ,in day one of journalism school the very first thing you are told is "CHECK your information".

Him and his rag don't even make it to third rate.Can you even believe the date they put on the paper ?

"Bit of a silly thing to write as he wasn't there"

Sorry but this guy purports to be a "professional" journalist ,in day one of journalism school the very first thing you are told is "CHECK your information".

Him and his rag don't even make it to third rate.Can you even believe the date they put on the paper ?

Bloody hell, why such hate and bitterness?! Yes, it was completely schoolboy not to check but to be fair it's rather hard when you're not there and there's not an awful lot of contacts at the match. He was clearly given false information, it happens, get over it!

Such an OTT attitude of negativity towards him. Cheer the puck up!

Bloody hell, why such hate and bitterness?! Yes, it was completely schoolboy not to check but to be fair it's rather hard when you're not there and there's not an awful lot of contacts at the match. He was clearly given false information, it happens, get over it!

I am not so sure it is a question of 'hate and bitterness'.

More, as you say, a 'completely schoolboy not to check' or, rather, as I assume you wished to say, 'a completely schoolboy error....'. 

Nevertheless, you will surely understand a certain frustration when a professional journalist makes such a fundamental error.

He used to post on the old BBC 606 boards as 'Randy Stockingtop' and was a gas troll of the lowest order. I have zero respect for any man who writes about a football club for a living whilst simultaneously winding up their fans on the Internet. I would not be one bit surprised if he's present in some form on OTIB. The man doesn't give two ***** about City and in my opinion it comes across in his writing

He used to post on the old BBC 606 boards as 'Randy Stockingtop' and was a gas troll of the lowest order. I have zero respect for any man who writes about a football club for a living whilst simultaneously winding up their fans on the Internet. I would not be one bit surprised if he's present in some form on OTIB. The man doesn't give two ***** about City and in my opinion it comes across in his writing

OK.

I own up.

Seriously, (and I do not recall 'Randy Stockingtop) why do you think a professional journalist (regardless as to how you might perceive his input) might waste his time sending nonsensical poats to this site? 

Fair enough. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I used to hold similar views to you, albeit more due to my own ignorance and the negative opinion of this forum.

However, since I've been following AS on twitter I've had a much more positive experience of him. I believe he does care about the club and as I've said before his insight and input has been really interesting and informative.

Is this (and Drew's allusion) true and, if so, would it explain the recent absence of BCFC news?

Not sure if true but i heard today City have banned him from reporting on us due to an article he posted in Botswana giving bad press upsetting Me Lansdown as the trip was for business and good PR reasons. Might be true as he's been very quiet on us recently!

Not sure if true but i heard today City have banned him from reporting on us due to an article he posted in Botswana giving bad press upsetting Me Lansdown as the trip was for business and good PR reasons. Might be true as he's been very quiet on us recently!

Bullshit!

Rubbish

You have to actually attend Ashton gate to get banned

Was that definitely him, Chip?

I thought he was a Brentford fan. Not sure why he'd troll posing as Gas, but I suppose anything is possible.

My professional assessment of him is he's someone who likes football, but doesn't have a very deep understanding of it - based on some of his match reports. He also hasn't got any particular sources within the club. There are several posters on here who know a damn site more about the comings and goings at AG than Mr Stockhausen.

This is possibly not his fault. The paper used to have a Gas-supporting sports editor, but he's left. It hasn't had a Bristolian editor for years (and it shows!) and I think the editorial stance is more anti-football than anti-city Tbh.

The post is not favoured by the club considering its constant sensationalism of minor incidents. This makes Stockhausen's job harder.

I was walking along Ashton road the other day when a speeding car mounted the pavement and hit a elderly ladies dog !The car stopped and out jumped Andy Stockhausen ! I assumed that he was going to apologise to the distraught lady, Instead to my horror he unzipped his trousers and urinated over the dying dog ! He then pulled out a gun fired it three times in the air shouted " Take that you sheed barstewards " jumped back in his car and sped off ! I think he was on Drugs ! _ true story.

I am not so sure it is a question of 'hate and bitterness'.

More, as you say, a 'completely schoolboy not to check' or, rather, as I assume you wished to say, 'a completely schoolboy error....'.

Nevertheless, you will surely understand a certain frustration when a professional journalist makes such a fundamental error.

I'm afraid in modern colloquilalism completely schoolboy washes just fine, your needlessly patronising attitude less so.

No hate or bitterness my friend just amazement at the lack of "professionalism" from people who are paid to give us news ,not ridiculous stories of crocodiles or aliens in the floating harbour !

Then a journo who writes a story on "hearsay and gossip" .

Does that fill you with confidence with regard to his articles ?

Would you accept the same level of "professionalism" from your doctor ?

I am also very happy ,thanks for your concern !

Was that definitely him, Chip?

I thought he was a Brentford fan. Not sure why he'd troll posing as Gas, but I suppose anything is possible.

My professional assessment of him is he's someone who likes football, but doesn't have a very deep understanding of it - based on some of his match reports. He also hasn't got any particular sources within the club. There are several posters on here who know a damn site more about the comings and goings at AG than Mr Stockhausen.

This is possibly not his fault. The paper used to have a Gas-supporting sports editor, but he's left. It hasn't had a Bristolian editor for years (and it shows!) and I think the editorial stance is more anti-football than anti-city Tbh.

The post is not favoured by the club considering its constant sensationalism of minor incidents. This makes Stockhausen's job harder.

I called him out and he admitted it

I don't read the post, not living in Bristol and all, but I've always felt that while he probably gets more stick than necessary on here, he's either not very talented as a journo or he doesn't really give a **** about writing articles about City. He does seem to be more proactive these days, but if what he's doing now is reasonable journalism he shouldn't be applauded, it should be the minimum expected

I was walking along Ashton road the other day when a speeding car mounted the pavement and hit a elderly ladies dog !The car stopped and out jumped Andy Stockhausen ! I assumed that he was going to apologise to the distraught lady, Instead to my horror he unzipped his trousers and urinated over the dying dog ! He then pulled out a gun fired it three times in the air shouted " Take that you sheed barstewards " jumped back in his car and sped off ! I think he was on Drugs ! _ true story.

This has just made the front page of tye EP

I called him out and he admitted it

I don't read the post, not living in Bristol and all, but I've always felt that while he probably gets more stick than necessary on here, he's either not very talented as a journo or he doesn't really give a **** about writing articles about City. He does seem to be more proactive these days, but if what he's doing now is reasonable journalism he shouldn't be applauded, it should be the minimum expected

I can't imagine anything more unprofessional than trying to wind-up the fans of the club you are writing about by posting on a forum under a pseudonym.

The Post should sack him for that. It does, after all, want City fans to buy it.

Archived