IGNORED

Your Expectation This Season?

Kid in the Riot

Given the budget the manager has I fully expect promotion.

This

There is not a better squad of players in this division, I expect top 2 and anything else will be a disappointment. As others have said, this is a fairly weak league.

Can't wait for sat!!

Players brought in, deadwood shipped out, only a couple of players gone. Bookies last time I looked had us as second favorites...might worth a punt on that.

But this is City, can see another pray off season coming....I hope not like, but it does look likely

Like others I'm far from convinced defensively...suffered from it last season, thinks it be possible this season n all.

Keep Sammy and we've a damn good chance.

We SHOULDN'T be battling relegation for the first time in four seasons..THAT's a result, and the football should be better than recent times.

Worry about the kids tho'...we did this with GJ brought a team in, and didnt bring through kids, so **** all was availible when it was needed, really hope I'm wrong, all of um are all worth  playing regularly...

Good opener for the season tho...will see how far we've come now...

Players brought in, deadwood shipped out, only a couple of players gone. Bookies last time I looked had us as second favorites...might worth a punt on that.

But this is City, can see another pray off season coming....I hope not like, but it does look likely

Like others I'm far from convinced defensively...suffered from it last season, thinks it be possible this season n all.

Keep Sammy and we've a damn good chance.

We SHOULDN'T be battling relegation for the first time in four seasons..THAT's a result, and the football should be better than recent times.

Worry about the kids tho'...we did this with GJ brought a team in, and didnt bring through kids, so **** all was availible when it was needed, really hope I'm wrong, all of um are all worth  playing regularly...

Good opener for the season tho...will see how far we've come now...

You say kids but Freeman, Ayling and Smith are not much older themselves.

For the first time since 08-09, to end the season with the same manager as we had at the start of the season, and to stay completely clear of the relegation dogfight.

I'd be much more optimistic of a top 6 finish if we'd signed an experienced, battle hardened centre back who can organise the rest of our defence (I guess that was the thinking with El Abd - let's hope he steps up to the mark). To me our defence just feels too inexperienced and I worry that we'll concede too many soft goals to keep pace with the top 2 / top 6 (really hope I'm wrong though!).

One side of me (the side thats usually wrong but wants to be right) says top 6, however, the other side of me thats usualy more accurate says mid table due to nervousness of the back 4.

Our defence took a large part of last season to find the right combo and this season we have a number of different players which i think may need time to gell again.

In all my years supporting this club, the only things I have ever seen us win are The Gloucester Cup and The Anglo Scottish Cup!

Our promotions have been traditionally as Runners Up (and a 4th from old Divvy 4 many years ago)

Thus my prediction is SECOND. I will follow that up with Baldock as Top Scorer and Three Players in the Divvy 1 team of the season.

Madness....I don't think so

Getting ahead of myself....No

Do I think SL expects us to show well YES

Do I think SC expects top six or better YES

I think this is our year and everyone knows including the bookmakers we have the ingredients of a very good team.

Yes I expect big and I think supporters should expect big! Back the club accordingly and hopefully put another division at least between us and the Gas!

With the squad and money we have/spent, we should be aiming to win the league.

Will I be blowing a fuse if we don't? No, as long as the football is good, progressive and working towards growing as a football team. But at the end of the day we should really be going up this season.

I don't like heightened expectation, but Cotterill was brought here for one reason and he needs to deliver. I actually think he will.

For me, if we finish outside the play offs then its a disappointing season.

Happy with a play off place.

Over the moon with automatic.

That's it for me, we've spent a fair bit this summer, signed good young quality players who all have experience in this division or higher!

This has probably been posted somewhere else but I haven't seen it.

On a scan through the Sky Sports site, I noticed these "expert opinions" all have us in the top 6 - this guy plus Beagrie / Goodmans links at the bottom

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12028/9409431/football-league-201415-matt-murray-makes-his-predictions-for-the-season

..... seems super accurate too.... posted today ...... Jamaal Lascelles plays for forest and Michael Higdon for Peterborough 

Squad wise im tempted to say autos are realistic, and top six a must. But I have a niggling question mark over cotterill still.

I'm not knocking him - he did a fantastic job last season. It's just that it's a different kettle of fish to mount a successful promotion push when the extra pressure of expectation is on. He didn't have that last season. We were almost a lost cause. Keeping a team up is a very different mentality to promotion. He has done it with cheltenham, I just hope he can do it with us, and that his rather chequered cv doesn't come back to haunt him, and us.

Archived