IGNORED

Your Expectation This Season?

Kid in the Riot

Its hard not to feel excited about the new season after our second half form and 3 months off with nothing to do but speculate who will sign/leave and whether Alan Curbishley is around....

Squad wise I agree with most that a GK, centre back and striker is needed for the season, but thats not to say we wont loan someone when window ends - the base of the squad is good now and much more balanced than before.

So actually looking forward to watching City play with entertaining attacking football is first, positionally I think we may start slower than some expect with about 4-5 potentially being thrust into starting lineup, and really become a force after Jan window and make that push into top 6.

Nah **** it, we'll do an Arsenal/Juventus and go all year unbeaten! COYR!

Defensively, I think (hope) we will be ok.

We tightenend up a lot towards the end of last season and in theory we've strengthened with Little and Ayling.

And with our firepower (assuming they all stay of course), I would expect us to be in and around the play offs.

Of course, if we get stuffed on Saturday, I reserve the right to change my mind.

In all the years I've been associated with this club, I've never ever thought we were good enough for promotion.

This is the first time ever that I've felt we should do it this season.

Quiet a weak league compared to previous seasons.

I agree with the OP in if we strengthen in a couple areas, we should be able to do it.

I'm going out their...up as Champions. There...I said it.

My expectations are to be disappointed.  They invariably are.

I can't stand all this over the top optimism, it is unnerving and no good will come of it, mark my words.

We will have a mediocre start, a bit of a run around November/December to give us hope and then slide to mid-table obscurity accompanied by a massive bitch-fest on otib which sees record numbers of forumites banned.  Then, when Barr slip the completion date for the new stand.................... 

My expectations are to be disappointed.  They invariably are.

I can't stand all this over the top optimism, it is unnerving and no good will come of it, mark my words.

We will have a mediocre start, a bit of a run around November/December to give us hope and then slide to mid-table obscurity accompanied by a massive bitch-fest on otib which sees record numbers of forumites banned.  Then, when Barr slip the completion date for the new stand.................... 

Blimey mate steady on!

We're more than capable of automatic but Id be happy with the playoffs even if we didn't win them. Realistically I think we'll be top 10 which is still progress. The good thing about us is if we get a run together the club, team and fans unite and push us on. Trouble is the opposite happens on a bad run. Avoid a bad run and I think we're in with a shout.

I think we've got to be realistic about the fact that expectations are high for a reason.  We finished the season in form, invested heavily and I'd argue it is the club, rather than the fans, who have set the expectation to be a promotion push.  It's a tough league to get out of for sure and I don't want to say that we should expect to be in the automatic promotion places but, based around what we've spent, the squad we have, the form we have and what the board, manager and players have said, I think we have to see anything outside of the top six as a disappointment.

What I expect is play-offs and that's where I think we will be roughly in all honesty. Think we probably aren't tight enough defensively to win it outright and still very unsure on Fielding. I think we have some great defenders but I am not certain we are a good enough unit yet, whether a new keeper would improve that remains to be seen.

Ok, so expectations seem pretty fair and realistic.

Despite having spent a fair bit I think quite a lot of money and room on the wage bill has been held back to strengthen throughout the season when the inevitable injuries/suspensions come.

If we are there or thereabouts come Xmas I'd like to see us strengthen significantly in January.

Archived