IGNORED

Favourite Opening Day Games

Super

I remember going to a game I think against S****horpe and we won 1-0 I think, enjoyed that game and thought it was an opening game of a season but looking at the above it can't have been. All I could remember was Enoch Showumni scoring and everyone in the Ateyo around me thinking he was gonna go on and be our next super striker. Hmm

One that I don't think's been mentioned (even by 22A!) was the opener with Oxford following the '98 promotion. It was played in glorious sunshine, we'd just splashed the cash on Thorpe and Akinbyi and Soren Anderson secured us an entertaining 2-2 draw.

Then we watched on in horror as the Sean Dyche/Julian Watts defensive pairing shrivelled, we were routinely beaten and there was even time for a cheeky mascot fight!

I remember going to a game I think against S****horpe and we won 1-0 I think, enjoyed that game and thought it was an opening game of a season but looking at the above it can't have been. All I could remember was Enoch Showumni scoring and everyone in the Ateyo around me thinking he was gonna go on and be our next super striker. Hmm

It was the opening game of our 2006-07 promotion season (Scunny were also promoted).

Anyone remember the away game at Southend in the early 90's- pretty sure it was an opening fixture.

Was a boiling hot august day and city everywhere along sarfend front. Get to the ground, onto the terrace( which was already cramped) and if my memory serves me right the turnstile/gates were forced open by the mass of city still trying to get in.

I remember thinking that a hill borough situation could well happen.

I do.  I also remember a group of us joining some wedding pictures as a couple got married.  Good days out.

Archived