IGNORED

Game Could Be Off

Keepers Ball

BS3Red is up in Barnsley and rung me 15 mins ago reporting of VERY heavy rain similar to that of Watford a couple of years back.....

..then he rang again to say he is driving in the most treachorous conditions hes ever driven in with the road flooding and cars driving at 15 mph. I could hardly hear him and could hear the rain on his car !!

Those going to Sheffield like me better keep an eye on info

Anyone know how far back you have to go to find a game called off on the first day of the season due to rain??

Not knocking you OP, genuinely curious! We do get some strange weather over 'ere!

Got very very close when we were away to Blackpool a few years back when Brooker scored in the last min!!

• Admin

Phantom, A general question if you wouldn't mind

How many times would it take me to get some of those fancy 'warning points' if I constantly posted Weather threads throughout the season?

Will ensure your username gets changed to Noah lol

• Admin

If we get the rain that's forecast I can't see Tuesdays game being on ! also the long range forecast is dreadful ! Yeovil at home is already in doubt apparently !

Timmy! Now now lol

Fortunately our groundsman would see the forecast and get covers on the pitch, much like our friends in Sheffield will no doubt have done if they were concerned.

Forecast for tomorrow looks fine all over the country, hopefully those up in Sheffield can advise weather to wear shorts or not tomorrow

Just drove through it myself - worst rain I've ever come across on the road.

Extremely heavy with lots of surface water.

If it keeps up there is no way the game will be on.

Worst conditions I have driven in and I drive around 50,000 miles a year. It has stopped raining now though. If it had kept on like it was the game would have been off, no matter what the ass keyboard warriors think. 

Yet they would have been starting the threads tomorrow moaning about no one mentioning it.

Bunch of mongs

Breaking new. It has just started spitting slightly in Cheltenham. Not sure it matters much but it got me slightly concerned.

As such, I contacted Cliffs people and said that we may need some rain based sports entertainment. After all, we do have some Cliff fans amongst us and I think we can all agree, some Cliff classics would ensure that the journey wasn't completely wasted.

Just incase god smiles down on us, and parts the waves around the ground, I have also told him to bone up on some Wurzels tunes for half time.

Win win

Archived