IGNORED

Fielding Flint Little And Wilbraham

southvillekiddy

Brilliant win, Wilbraham really looks the read deal up front, classy lay-offs and heading and Little will be a real threat over-lapping like that, really strong running and excellent cross (and was very unlucky in the incident)

BUT

Fielding and Flint give me kittens, especially when they are inter-acting, maybe they don't trust one another but it makes our defence look shaky.

Frankie's decision-making and distribution are sh***

If we get a top notch goalie we can very well this season.

Flint was immense today; didn't lose it in the air, didn't panic on the ball, made three goal line clearances, a couple of awesome tackles and led the line well.

Little was fantastic going forward; crossing a little wayward but the one that mattered was for wilbraham's goal.

Wilbraham was everywhere. Held the ball up well, nice flick ons and a great composed header for te first.

Frankie wasn't too bad. Erratic, yes, which leads to nervous-watching but he made a couple of top saves to keep SUFC at bay.

Very pleasing performance; best for a very long time.

Dont know what game you were watching mate, Flint was outstanding and made several top, top, clearances. Yes Frankie did have a couple of 'dodgy' moments but dont all keepers in a game ? He also made up for it with two brilliant stops which made all the difference and didnt stop talking to his defence all game.

Flint was awesome today. Think that back three has to be up there for best in this league. So much composure as well, which will only get better.

Need a new keeper though. Fielding isn't commanding enough

-also thought freeman was good as well. Bad news for bobby, but at the pace we played think cotts will rota the team a lot .

Brilliant win, Wilbraham really looks the read deal up front, classy lay-offs and heading and Little will be a real threat over-lapping like that, really strong running and excellent cross (and was very unlucky in the incident)

BUT

Fielding and Flint give me kittens, especially when they are inter-acting, maybe they don't trust one another but it makes our defence look shaky.

Frankie's decision-making and distribution are sh***

If we get a top notch goalie we can very well this season.

flint was motm great game solid did very well

Thought they were on top going in to the break, and was happy to get to half time still level. Second half, I thought we pretty much bossed in for the first thirty minutes. Would add Elliott to your list of those who had a very solid game today. Flint my MOM today however. If we have found a new Taylor, we really are in with a shout. As for Fielding, not the rounded article, but if a striker ultimately gets judged on goals scored, then a goalie should be on those he saves that could have gone in, and by hook or by crook there were a number of those today.

We will for sure play worse teams this year, so a great result.

El and JET going to have to work hard not to be just squad players this year.

As well as defending exceptionally, I think it's worth pointing out how much Flint's distribution looks to have improved too. But for a couple overshot diagonals, most were on the mark.

He should take a stack load of confidence from that game and long may it continue.

Flint was excellent, and after a shaky period in the first half, I thought Fielding actually looked pretty decent; both in his stops and distribution.

Also, was good to see Flint getting very vocal, and encouraging Fielding after his punching error.

We're not the finished article at the back, that is for sure, but considering the opposition, I think they did well.

Fielding was definitely a bit of a flapper in the first half but much better in the second. We need him to be consistent for 90 minutes.

Flint was easily man of the match. All he did was simple basic things but these are what we need in defence - e g win headers and tackles.

I think the only thing that worried me slightly was Ayling's tendency to give the ball away in dangerous positions.

Other than that, a really decent away performance.

It wouldn't be Bristol City if we didn't have one defender who can be replied on to do that.

It wouldn't be Bristol City if we didn't have one defender who can be replied on to do that.

But the good thing is with this squad is that if he KEEPS doing it, we've got another very decent player behind him in the shape of Osborne, so that is something.

Archived